St. Sheridans Day

Guest scott_andrew_william

Sends shivers down my Spine that does, I remember it like it was yesterday, I won't let the fact that at the time I was foetus get in way.

"Sherrridannn"

I was only about 6 at the time, wish I was a little older so I couldve enjoyed it better rather than taking the good times for granted.

What a team we had, watching the game hirst was rooneyesque. It would be impossible to assemble a team like that in the second tier now shame.

As for Man U as an earlier poster said, they always walk out fast when they lose..because they are a fake set of twats.

Couldn't watch the last 10 minutes....I was just sitting with me head between me legs staring at a blue balloon...I can remember looking up when in injury time THe Owls fans roared as Madden took the ball down the line..laid it inside and finally...fvckin' finally the whistle went...to say it went mental on that end, that day, would be an understatement..I was just bloody spinning round..a mate Bob (R.I.P) was simply bitin' his fvckin' fists...some stood, some knelt.....it was just raw bloody emotion....everyone i went with, had been through the dog days of the 70's..and to actually win summatt at Wembley had seemed light years away.

You did not get there in a play off...you had, at that time to get to the final, Wembley was something special, it was earned, it was magical...

I can remember getting home and feeling like i'd done 10 rounds with TYson....THe front garden was decorated with blue and white balloons....the kid aged 2...was bedecked in the home strip...and the wife was still dancing around the living room...fookin' wonderful day out that was

Guest Distraught!

Ordered my 91 retro Wednesday shirt online a few days ago and it came this morning.

Perfect timing, and the shirt is awesome. :cool:

It's a shame there's no way to order a retro 91 team to play at Walsall.

Just one more chance to see Roland, Sheri and Hirsty in their pomp! :wub:

Alas, tis but a dream!

As for Man U as an earlier poster said, they always walk out fast when they lose..because they are a fake set of twats.

I thought the Man U fans were superb after the match. As we were walking back towards the coach there were loads of them walking in the opposite direction shaking our hands and congratulating us on a well deserved victory. Not a sign of trouble either. Made my day just that little more memorable. I can only assume others had different experiences with their fans that day to be slating them.