Paul Heffernan

Guest foreverSWFC

Guest foreverSWFC

Read in alot of threads that he should go in the summer. Why? The only player who is good to watch in my opinion, his movement, passing and footballing brain is worthy of any champioship side.

Also, i do not think he has had his chance, i think he has only started three league games this season, which is criminal considering how poor this season has been.

Thoughts?

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Read in alot of threads that he should go in the summer. Why? The only player who is good to watch in my opinion, his movement, passing and footballing brain is worthy of any champioship side.

Also, i do not think he has had his chance, i think he has only started three league games this season, which is criminal considering how poor this season has been.

Thoughts?

Whilst I like Heffernan I prefer the partnership of Mellor and Madine, they seem to click.

Personally I'd look at offloading Heffernan in part ex for Will Hoskins

Guest Lebanon Owl

Irrelevant whether he's decent or not. If he doesn't come on, we're paying him to have a nice sit down every saturday. Keep the two who can score goals, and bring in either two that the manager is willing to bring on/rotate.

Read in alot of threads that he should go in the summer. Why? The only player who is good to watch in my opinion, his movement, passing and footballing brain is worthy of any champioship side.Also, i do not think he has had his chance, i think he has only started three league games this season, which is criminal considering how poor this season has been.Thoughts?

Maybe becuase he's the worst striker we have on our books? Maybe because once he was given a chance and played he clearly showed that he is not very good? Maybe because neither Irvine or Megson who see him train every day deem/ed him good enough to play regularly? Need I go on?

Guest Stereophonics

He isn't good enough.

As for being good enough to grace the Championship :) I can't remember him doing much at that level.

Guest foreverSWFC

Maybe becuase he's the worst striker we have on our books? Maybe because once he was given a chance and played he clearly showed that he is not very good? Maybe because neither Irvine or Megson who see him train every day deem/ed him good enough to play regularly? Need I go on?

He's done a damn sight more than clinton Morrison this season in the limited appearances he's made which means he isn't the worst striker on our books.I understand that both Megson and Irvine obviously do not rate him as they see him train every day, but when he has come of the bench he has shown that he is one f the best players in the team. If he played against tranmere and Hartlepooli recogn he would have easily got himself a few goals.

Dont think he will be here next season, a good shout as morrisontobelieve said part ex for Hoskins.

Saw him out saturday night in donny, asked him whats happening with him not playing and he just shrugged his shoulders, me and mate then gave him a round of Heffernan, Heffernan and off he walked laughing.

Dont think he fits in here for some reason, 2 managers dont seem to rate him.

He's done a damn sight more than clinton Morrison this season in the limited appearances he's made which means he isn't the worst striker on our books.I understand that both Megson and Irvine obviously do not rate him as they see him train every day, but when he has come of the bench he has shown that he is one f the best players in the team. If he played against tranmere and Hartlepooli recogn

he would have easily got himself a few goals.

I agree he's been good when he's come on as sub, but then when he's had his chance to start he's been useless.

I still think he should have played more tho, considering the season we've had. Maybe a 10 game run in the side would have seen him improve

The whole charade with Heffernan has been bizarre really.

He scored 20 goals in a season last time he was in this division, and has a very good scoring record in League 1 throughout his career.

He hasn't been injured all season.

And yet he has made a mighty 3 league starts in 9 months scoring 3 goals, when Clinton Morrison has made nearly 8 times that amount of starts scoring only 6 goals.

I'm not saying that Heffernan isn't poo poo, just that when Clinton Morrison and Mellor have consistantly underperformed for large parts of this season, it would have at least been nice to see whether Heffernan was any good.

Weird tbh. I don't see him here next season, and i'm fairly sure he'll go and score plenty of goals somewhere else and the story will remain unexplained asto why he never got a game for us.

The whole charade with Heffernan has been bizarre really.

He scored 20 goals in a season last time he was in this division, and has a very good scoring record in League 1 throughout his career.

He hasn't been injured all season.

And yet he has made a mighty 3 league starts in 9 months scoring 3 goals, when Clinton Morrison has made nearly 8 times that amount of starts scoring only 6 goals.

I'm not saying that Heffernan isn't poo poo, just that when Clinton Morrison and Mellor have consistantly underperformed for large parts of this season, it would have at least been nice to see whether Heffernan was any good.

Weird tbh. I don't see him here next season, and i'm fairly sure he'll go and score plenty of goals somewhere else and the story will remain unexplained asto why he never got a game for us.

isn't the general rumour that he is a bit of a lazy swine in training?

apparently doesn't look arsed; if that's true how can we blame a manager for not picking him?

to what degree his attitude can be blamed on his being consistently overlooked by AI is another question.

it makes me laugh when some of the buffoons write off Heffernan

Big Guns = one of irvines shocking signings hes flippingcrap.

Northern Owl = Maybe becuase he's the worst striker we have on our books? Maybe because once he was given a chance and played he clearly showed that he is not very good? Maybe because neither Irvine or Megson who see him train every day deem/ed him good enough to play regularly? Need I go on?

Handball = Had his chance and blown it. Will be one of the first out the door come June.

how you can justify 3 starts, and 14 sub appearances as "having a chance" is beyond me .. the short sightedness of some people is laughable

give the guy appearances, and i guarantee you he will score ...

HOWEVER, he has to be getting games in order to score, at the minute he's getting flip all ... there must be something, some reasoning behind it outside of football

Guest Big Guns

it makes me laugh when some of the buffoons write off Heffernan

Big Guns = one of irvines shocking signings hes flippingcrap.

Northern Owl = Maybe becuase he's the worst striker we have on our books? Maybe because once he was given a chance and played he clearly showed that he is not very good? Maybe because neither Irvine or Megson who see him train every day deem/ed him good enough to play regularly? Need I go on?

Handball = Had his chance and blown it. Will be one of the first out the door come June.

how you can justify 3 starts, and 14 sub appearances as "having a chance" is beyond me .. the short sightedness of some people is laughable

give the guy appearances, and i guarantee you he will score ...

HOWEVER, he has to be getting games in order to score, at the minute he's getting flip all ... there must be something, some reasoning behind it outside of football

doing ten laps at don valley tomorrow dinner time ,do you fancy it i promise i will take it easy.