For me B+.

Has come in at a diificult time, steadied the ship, stopped us leaking goals every game and signed two good defenders on loan.

Looking forward to seeing him sign some more players and taking that leap forward next year

it's not the end of term just yet...

and i do think that it's possible to look to next season with a 'lil more optimism that we may have a better campaign than this season...

though i'm worried by the fact that some almost out of contract players have hit their straps in the past few weeks to turn our nosedive around...

i hope their not going to be holding back next year...

I imagine there's massive change going on behind the scenes that we're just not aware of.

I think he's changing the whole culture on the playing side of things and that can only be a good thing.

I'd give him an A because I don't think we fully appreciate what he walked into in Feb.

I imagine there's massive change going on behind the scenes that we're just not aware of.

I think he's changing the whole culture on the playing side of things and that can only be a good thing.

I'd give him an A because I don't think we fully appreciate what he walked into in Feb.

:laugh:

Are you really suggesting that we could not have performed any better since GM took over?

Are you really suggesting that we could not have performed any better since GM took over?

I don't think he is, he would have given him a A* if he thought that! :cool:

Guest bartos

Correct and generally people don't like change, what we are seeing now though is certain players adapting well to that change and some of those he'll want to keep.

It's not about how they've performed this season, it's about mentality, character and what level they are capable of performing

Edited by bartos

Last 3 home matches we've performed better than we did in any game under Irvine (Yes even the Bristol game). :biggrin:

Why are you ignoring the sickening defeats we have also suffered.

Megson gets a C for me.

A would have been a play off place

B a narrow miss on the play offs

C mid table

D lower mid table

Epic fail - relegation.

I think some of you lot must have taken your exams recently where you get an A* for turning up and having the manners to turn your phone, blackberry, iphone, nintendo etc etc off, and put out your joint before the start of your exam.

Guest Owl30

Keep with Megson, he's the sort of manager who will help us towards the league 1 title next season.

Mark my words...

Edited by Owl30

I'm suggesting that we hadn't won a league game in over 2 months when he took over and didn't look like winning one for another 2 months.

SWFC won't be an easy ride for old pro's, promising youngsters or players who aren't good enough to get a game elsewhere whilst ever he's in charge and for that I give him an A. Massive shift in culture happening under Megson.

The reality is its far too soon to really tell what difference Megson has made. He walked into a tough situation and it took a bit of time for us to see any improvements. In the last few games we have hinted at an upturn in form which gives cautious signs for optimism but as Megson himself says we are a long way short of the finished article. His signing of 2 defenders who have performed extremely well also bodes well for signings over the summer. But the reality is any judgement at this stage is premature. The real test is how we perform next season with a full pre season and Megson's own signings. With the contract situations being what they are it won't be easy to make large scale changes. There are also a number of players who are probably borderline as to whether we keep them or not. Megson has a tough balancing act as I see it in terms of getting rid of players he doesn't want (who may well be under contract), attracting the right new players and integrating them with existing players in a way that compliments tham and gets the best out of them. I'm sure we have players this year who haven't played to their potential and unlocking this will be a key determinent in how we fare next season. I think he has a tough job ahead but with MM backing we have the potential (and indeed the expectation) to be promotion challengers next year. I don't envy him the job but I'm keeping my fingers firmly crossed that he do what we all hope he will do.

Why are you ignoring the sickening defeats we have also suffered.

Megson gets a C for me.

A would have been a play off place

B a narrow miss on the play offs

C mid table

D lower mid table

Epic fail - relegation.

I think some of you lot must have taken your exams recently where you get an A* for turning up and having the manners to turn your phone, blackberry, iphone, nintendo etc etc off, and put out your joint before the start of your exam.

A Would be a play off place? With a team that hadn't won in over 2 months!? Would have been a A*********************************** if he got us to the play offs. He came in and didn't start off well but now he's starting to turn it round and for the last 3 home games there has been a significant improvement. He gets a B from me :biggrin:

I would say give him a 'B'. As people have mentioned, there is a lot going on in the background at the club at the moment. When MM took over, the club was like a tree that's rotted away on the inside - the true extent of the damage was hard to see on the surface. We are having to rebuild the club's infrastructure from the bottom up, on and off the pitch.

Next season should be better.

This.

Correct and generally people don't like change, what we are seeing now though is certain players adapting well to that change and some of those he'll want to keep.

It's not about how they've performed this season, it's about mentality, character and what level they are capable of performing

And this.

People just don't realise the size of the mess Megson walked into.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

In my opinion, when Megson first arrived, some of the players were reluctant to take on board his methods, this reflected in the poor results.

Megson has now sorted out the deadbeats and confined them to the sidelines, I wouldn't suggest that this is Megson's team, because it's still mainly Irvine's players, but Megson can only work with what he's got.

Some of our players will know they are going, and they won't want to over exert themselves and risk an injury which could result in them not gaining a contract at another club next season.

Some of our players will be playing for personal pride, like JOC for instance. Either way, I wouldn't dream of judging Megson unitl such a time that he has had a fair crack at it.

I expect next season's first team to be totally different to this season's, and I expect Megson to drag this club up from it's knees.

There are interesting times ahead, I can't wait for the first game V the Blunts, Megson's "up and at em" brand of football against a team of kids.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Guest BoomTownOwls

The best thing about Megsonis his eye for a player. Nearly all of Boltons team are his signings.

Jones and Batth look far better than what we had,

I have every confidence in him.