J o c

Guest Big Guns

Guest Big Guns

oh good, another JOC thread.

its not just another joc thread it needs bringing up cos people are changing there minds about him cos of the last 3 games,they need to get back to reality.

just a thought but maybe his last 3 games have been decent because he's had a decent midfield to play in

Not buying it.

He's had little good game spells before, even with Potter. Over the course of the last two seasons though, i'd guess at around 80% of his performances have been poor.

I also think you can still have a poor midfield overall, but a stand out performer. JOC hasn't stood out at all, even with the hopeless Potter at the side of him.

He's not good enough. He's getting on too. We need to move forward for christs sake. James O'Connor has played a MASSIVE part in our Championship decline and relegation and leading us to what will be about our 3rd/4th worst ever finish in our history.

We need to move on.

O'Connor should be shown the door and we move on.

We seem to have slipped into this fallacy that if you have workrate and effort then you can't have ability.

We need to get out of this. There are plenty of players with ability who work their socks off and we have struggled too long with players who have one or the other.

JJ, Potter, JOC etc all fit into this category. We need to sign players with both , other teams do.

I watched a La Liga on sunday on sky and the workrate from some very skilful players was absolutely outstanding.

To win things at any level you need both.

Edited by oldishowl

Guest Big Guns

You are such a moron, it's actually frightening.

hey fishcake stop slagging ghs off and answer the question joc stay or go

Guest Big Guns

Very well thank you.

Just out of curiosity, what makes you think I am fat? :blink:

same as you think im sloth from the goonies.

Guest JonTheOwl66

hey fishcake stop slagging ghs off and answer the question joc stay or go

Stay, but you won't be able to understand the reason, you'll just drone some dross then call me fishcake.

Moron.

Guest JonTheOwl66

I have evidence due to your pre school, neanderthal posts.

What are your facts?

Ps..."Hey you guys!!"

:laugh: :laugh:

Edited by JonTheOwl66

Guest Stereophonics

I'd keep him.

You do know that you need more than 11 players in a squad don't you? He would be useful to have in the squad imo

Guest londonowl1

Gotta say yeah O'Connor is honest and gives his all, but for me he is not up to it.

Hard decision but RELEASE

Currently on around 5k a week.

Awful all season despite the last 3 home games (was shocking against Brighton).

Been a factor in our downfall over the past 3 years - we've gone backwards every season he's been here.

I think he's 31.

I think we can do a lot better.

Guest Sniper1

Sorry but I couldn’t disagree more. I think he is shocking at what he is supposed to do – break up play and give the ball to someone else.

The contracts handed to existing squad members will say a lot about what we can expect next season and I will be absolutely gutted if he get a new one

He wasn't shocking against Hartlepool.

Played well.

Shame he didn't turn up last season or the start of this, can't have players who only play when they need a contract.

The season isn't 3 games long so see ya Joc, just not good enough.

I'll be staggered if anyone other than Buxton is offered a contract.

The stated aim is to reduce the squad to 22/23 players, what is it now, 30 odd?

Clearly we need at least 4 or 5 players of quality to improve us.

That means we have to shift 11 players at the very least in the summer, and many of them under contract.

The main difference from the last 3 homes is we have compressed the space in the middle. Instead of having the massive gap between midfield and the forwards, we hold a highre line and the midfield has pushed up.

Therefore JOC is the lone guman in the middle chasing the ball like a 6 yearold chases a balloon.

Does he deserve a new contract? I would say no but whatever Megson decides is good enough for me.

Could it be that JoC's recent improvement is down to the change in playing style and not that his contract is up?

Under Irvine there was no closing down and tackling. It was all get in position and let the opposition pass around us. JoC's strength is in getting stuck in. As the last three games show he can be good at it (by Division 3 standards) if there are players around him to pick up the loose ball or accept a pass.

I think Megson will want to keep him, as much because of his attitude as anything else. But it probably depends on who can be lined up as a replacement between now and when players are told they're not needed.

yes i have ,and it doesnt change anything flippingawful player

Well if you have you must of been concentrating on your guns rather than the fact he has been running himself into the ground tackling back becoming more of a team player and having some quiet brilliant performance. I wreckon your one of these i hate so and so sort of fans and even if he played amazing for every game you still would be saying he is shocking.