Finally in the reserves

Guest totemowl

Spurr has always been poo poo and always will be. Megson has seen this and that's why Megson hasn't played him recently. He's poo poo. End of.

Yet Megson had him scouted and as considering a bid with a view to taking him to Bolton. This wouldn't have happened if he considered him to be poo poo.

Yet Megson had him scouted and as considering a bid with a view to taking him to Bolton. This wouldn't have happened if he considered him to be poo poo.

Re Tommy Spurr- (and the other left backs)- it takes the wee wee when a right footed CB-RB has to show how to play in your position.

Embarassing.

Sorry I rubbished your point about Megson and Spurr.

It was deliberate though.

I really really really really wanted Spurr to be good but it just hasn't worked out. The only reason people are still putting up with him is because he has come from our academy, if he had been a signing 2 years ago people would be moaning. The example for this is JOC, he puts the same amount of effort in as Tommy but he still gets slaughtered yet when people slate Spurr it's 'At least he tries and puts the effort in'. He's an awful player and I hope he is sold/released in the summer. Hope he goes on to prove me wrong though.

Tommy is severely lacking confidence. He'd be much better with a few games, as part of a winning team, under his belt.

I think he still has enough left in him to be given the chance to prove people wrong. And I hope he does. Can't argue that he has been at fault for a lot of goals this season though.

Spurr has always been poo poo and always will be. Megson has seen this and that's why Megson hasn't played him recently. He's poo poo. End of.

Thats pretty unfair on Spurr.

He's not poo poo but I think he's been run into the ground here mentally through playing in a poor side and he hasnt seemed able to improve on key flaws to his game i.e. each season for the last three seasons he has been beaten in the air at the back post when he seems to just hopefully jump and shut his eyes.

He likes to get forward and I think thats the best part of his game (along with his long throw) and his delivery isnt too bad either, but he gets tortured by quick and direct wingers, always seems to be rushing back to try and close a huge gap down.

I dont think it would be unreasonable to try and get a fee for him as clubs have been interested in the past. I'd be sad to see him go because I think there were high hopes for him (only at the beginning of last season were we clamouring for him to be signed on a long term contract with Tudgay and Grant) but if we are being ruthless I think he probably needs a move to get a fresh start and get his career back on track. I still think he could get a place in a top end L1/ average Championship team.

Sorry I rubbished your point about Megson and Spurr.

It was deliberate though.

You didn't really though did you? You referred to an occasion from years back, probably from where Megson has seen him play one match (or even none if it was his scout, and he still chose not to buy him), whereas he said Megson know see's him every day in training and has seen him play in more matches.

End of the day he is a player who everyone wants to do well, but he unfortunately just isn't good enough.