Finally in the reserves

Spurr at Centre half for me; see if he can do it there if not get shut; never has or will be fast enough to be a fullback

Problem is mate... He can't defend.

So he would just as useless at centre back.

Like BRUCE LEE said in another thread, he's lost more headers that have resulted in goals than he's had hot dinners.

Get shut. Not good enough.

Problem is mate... He can't defend.

So he would just as useless at centre back.

Like BRUCE LEE said in another thread, he's lost more headers that have resulted in goals than he's had hot dinners.

Get shut. Not good enough.

As you know not seen him for a while, but He's always struck me as decent positionally, he certainly gives me more ease then Beevers on many occassions! I think given some time at centre half he could become a very good asset; i'd put him in the same bracket as Reynolds for that; and think the defence doesn't need to mucht inkering, just players who get to know one anothers game would help

As you know not seen him for a while, but He's always struck me as decent positionally, he certainly gives me more ease then Beevers on many occassions! I think given some time at centre half he could become a very good asset; i'd put him in the same bracket as Reynolds for that; and think the defence doesn't need to mucht inkering, just players who get to know one anothers game would help

Can't agree mate.

I think his positional play is terrible and as for awareness it's quite frankly pathetic.

I've lost count the amount of times he's gone chasing after the ball like an 8 year old, only to leave a player in space behind him who is found and chances created.

As for other aspects of defending.

He's terrible in the air. I still can't get over Noone (smallish player) out jumping him to score at the far post against Plymouth earlier in the season.

A fine example of his aerial ability.

We're wanting to go forward and we want to do it next season. We simply don't have the time to see if he can hack it at centre back and we've already worked out he's shuffle at left back.

Time for him to go, time for s to move on from him.

(Two years too late IMO).

Poor player, who's going backwards.

Can't agree mate.

I think his positional play is terrible and as for awareness it's quite frankly pathetic.

I've lost count the amount of times he's gone chasing after the ball like an 8 year old, only to leave a player in space behind him who is found and chances created.

As for other aspects of defending.

He's terrible in the air. I still can't get over Noone (smallish player) out jumping him to score at the far post against Plymouth earlier in the season.

A fine example of his aerial ability.

We're wanting to go forward and we want to do it next season. We simply don't have the time to see if he can hack it at centre back and we've already worked out he's shuffle at left back.

Time for him to go, time for s to move on from him.

(Two years too late IMO).

Poor player, who's going backwards.

Views on Mark Beevers then? If anything He actually makes Spurr look like Baresi after tall these times I've beens saying it.

please say you are joking? My point is Tommy Spurr was and can still be a GOOD PLAYER, we all know jon beswetherick was poo poo, who only actually played 11 times for us. All the players you named there were old and past it, and funnily enough got us relegated which defeats the point you are arguing.

Of course i was joking - it was as big a joke as your post saying Spurr must be good because of some of the other players in the team - which of course is nonsense

But a couple of things - a couple of those "old and past it" players went on to play at the highest level - and Spurr also helped get the club relegated - which seems to contradict the point you were trying to make

I'd love him to be good. I really would.

Unfortunately he just isn't. He has shown absolutely no progression whatsoever at full back.

It is players like Spurr and O'Connor who were largely responsible for our relegation last year, not because they didn't care (nobody could accuse them of that) but because they were woefully short of what was required ability wise. Which makes it all the more bizarre people are defending them now.

Views on Mark Beevers then? If anything He actually makes Spurr look like Baresi after tall these times I've beens saying it.

Mark Beevers is a better defender than Tommy Spurr.

In all departments when it comes to defending he's better. I'm amazed you think otherwise tbh.

I know what you're getting at in terms of aerial ability with Beevers, as for the last few years we've seen Beevers struggle big time against the big target man, i.e. Alan Lee & Rory Fallon, but he still doesn't get out jumped and out fought in the air by midget forwards/wingers like Tommy Spurr does.

My overall view on Mark Beevers is that he as also gone backwards and not developed on his early promise (much more promise than Spurr, who i've never rated really). I wouldn't lose sleep if he goes in the summer, in fact i'd rather he not be kept (although he will be).

A fresh start is needed with a large majority of the squad, including Beevers & Spurr.

Guest londonowl1

Spurr will be a future captain of Wednesday.

Those who write him off are wrong.

We have over 10 worse players in our squad who should go before him.

Spurr will be a future captain of Wednesday.

Those who write him off are wrong.

We have over 10 worse players in our squad who should go before him.

Would that be just before or after hell freezes over?

I'd love him to be good. I really would.

Unfortunately he just isn't. He has shown absolutely no progression whatsoever at full back.

It is players like Spurr and O'Connor who were largely responsible for our relegation last year, not because they didn't care (nobody could accuse them of that) but because they were woefully short of what was required ability wise. Which makes it all the more bizarre people are defending them now.

Same. ^

Can't fault Spurr ever since he got the team, he gives his absolute all and at times he has shown fight and spirit when ever plyer around him couldn't give a stuff, but I'm afraid Spurr is a player who has severely limited ability over a fair few attributes that hasn't seen us progress.

Spurr has always been reliable and I think the fact we've been so skint has masked the fact that we've needed a left-back, its never been an area of priority when we've had a tiny amount of money to spend on a transfer or loan.

Its all been said but his positional sense and decision making is often poor, he doesn't have much pace and he's generally never really overly confident on the ball - he's just never developed and he does need to be moved on.

Goes to show how underrated Buxton is really, because he has slotted in comfortably at left back since the Dagenham game, and has often looked comfortable in the centre and his usual right back position.

But we need to sign a more experienced and natural left back who can do a job effectively and efficiently.