ST Sales

probably a bit of HMS pisstheleague going on over at the sty to be honest.. theyll be expecting to bounce straight back up. If they fail, those season ticket sales will drop again.

fair play to both sets of fans for buying nearly 20,000 season tickets already though, tremendous effort after the seasons we've had.

probably a bit of HMS pisstheleague going on over at the sty to be honest.. theyll be expecting to bounce straight back up. If they fail, those season ticket sales will drop again.

fair play to both sets of fans for buying nearly 20,000 season tickets already though, tremendous effort after the seasons we've had.

Exactly. We sold 12000 last season and now thats eroded again afer a pretty shocking campaign.

In fairness to the blades 10k is till more than most teams average attendence in this league so fair play

Guest BoomTownOwls

I was shocked by the figures, so I had to check with my father in law what he heard when at the lane Saturday (buying my wife's ticket and a free ticket for my daughter!)

He is adamant that they are counting free tickets as sales and by his rough maths that has added between 3 - 4k on the total.

Edit: He also got one of his other grandchildren a freeby ticket with his full priced season ticket, and with his son's full price ticket another freeby ticket for a friend's underage son. So, if that is indicative, then they are fudging figures at the lane (again)

Under 8's are free at Hillsborough and surely included within our figure?

It is quite simple for next year. The crowd is irrelevant, it is all about having the best team. In any event, the team that has the best team will end up with the highest gates anyway.

I couldn't care less how many ST have been sold, or wether we make more money than them, I don't even care if they suddenly find an away following from somewhere. As long as we finish above them in the league and give them a good hiding along the way, that's me a little bit happier

Edited by Blueblood

Why let facts get in the way! We don't know the facts. Their official statment does NOT, despite what people keep posting, confirm 10,000 ST's sold (free or otherwise). Read it, it says "just under 10,000". Now, to me, that means between 9,500 and 9,999, but they say they sold 1500 on Sat and 700 on Sunday. Add that to figures posted here and other places of around 4-5,000 before the weekend.. Even rounded up that comes to 7,200, and other sources are quoting 8,200. Creative accounting at work methinks and I'm willing to bet the true figure of paid for ST's at BL is LESS than our current figure.

Nevertheless I thought we'd outsell them, so come on Wednesdayites, get those ST's bought, and prove we've got the best fans.

I think they'll get decent gates first but it will depend on how they do whether that remains. The bad times at sufc are still fresh and they may be resilient like we where the first time with crowds of 25k.

This season has been one dissapointment too many over 10 years so the situation is a bit skewed. But if we generate excitement over the summer and play well the fans will return.

Even with ST sales being higher than expected (that's if they're not freebies) they will still need that money to cover the gap between leagues, I'd be skeptical of much of it going on players.

Anyway, its about us and our future now, the building blocks are in place, we're not having to re-adjust and we can be competitive in the transfer market for the first time in 10 years. Its clear who has the brighter future as things stand.

Just recieved a text from a nailed on source that they have in fact sold 5,500

Talking about nailed on, anyone hear about the blunt who after the recent home loss to Middlesborough, decided he'd had enough and nailed his season ticket to the nearest tree?

The following morning, he decided he may have been too hasty, so he went back only to discover that some bar steward had pinched the nail.

Yeah, I know it's an old one, but anything that winds up the Blunts is fine by me.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Why let facts get in the way! We don't know the facts. Their official statment does NOT, despite what people keep posting, confirm 10,000 ST's sold (free or otherwise). Read it, it says "just under 10,000". Now, to me, that means between 9,500 and 9,999, but they say they sold 1500 on Sat and 700 on Sunday. Add that to figures posted here and other places of around 4-5,000 before the weekend.. Even rounded up that comes to 7,200, and other sources are quoting 8,200. Creative accounting at work methinks and I'm willing to bet the true figure of paid for ST's at BL is LESS than our current figure.

Nevertheless I thought we'd outsell them, so come on Wednesdayites, get those ST's bought, and prove we've got the best fans.

This is pretty much what I was thinking too. They've not actually released any figures, so how does anyone know that there statement of "just under 10,000" is higher than our 9,000-odd a few weeks ago?

I just went to check the current figure of ours, but the counter seems to have been removed from the OurWednesday website. Is that a temporary change while the banner advertising the Megastore sale is there, or are regular sales updates a thing of the past now the deadline has passed?