ST Sales

Guest Darkus Owlus

It doesn't matter really, when they start getting dominated by tin pot clubs they'll all flip off back home.

Guest thetruthisoutthere

Thing is they get very little walk up

Where as we have always had terrific walk up

This will even things out a little, we will probably have very similar gates until the league table starts to take shape - then I expect our superior league position and continued wins against their losing streak and selling their best players policy starts to effect the fan bases

Theyve averaged 20,668 this season and thats with an average away crowd of 2,500

Weve done about 16,905 this season with an average away crowd of a mini bus, 1 car and half a coach every friggin game

Wouldnt be surprised if next season we overtake them in terms of numbers as well as squad and league position

Thing is they get very little walk up

Where as we have always had terrific walk up

This will even things out a little, we will probably have very similar gates until the league table starts to take shape - then I expect our superior league position and continued wins against their losing streak and selling their best players policy starts to effect the fan bases

Theyve averaged 20,668 this season and thats with an average away crowd of 2,500

Weve done about 16,905 this season with an average away crowd of a mini bus, 1 car and half a coach every friggin game

Wouldnt be surprised if next season we overtake them in terms of numbers as well as squad and league position

Nailed on for next season - More home support, more away following, better squad and promotion - SIMPLES!

I'm absolutely staggered that they've sold more than us. Really thought they'd abandon ship

Apparantly they've sold just under 10,000 and we've sold just under 9,000. Didn't they have 20,000 season ticket holders in 2006? If so, they have lost 10,000 season ticket holders in five years!

Nailed on for next season - More home support, more away following, better squad and promotion - SIMPLES!

As above

Wednesday have never been a big ST club.

There are two reasons

1) there is rarely any shortage of seats at s6

2) the difference in cost between buying a season ticket and wAlking up has been eroded over the years

Eg season ticket kop : 90/91 for 23 games £74

Walk up price 23 x £5 = £115

So a season ticket was 64,3% of the price of walk up

What is the percentage saving now?

Guest wakey6

I think that supporters of both clubs deserve a bit of credit in this instance, selling that many ST's after such a poo season for us both is a good effort all round IMO.

I agree....That one team city 30 miles up the M1 only sold 11,000 at their early bird cut off point and look at the season them cnuts have had.

I was shocked by the figures, so I had to check with my father in law what he heard when at the lane Saturday (buying my wife's ticket and a free ticket for my daughter!)

He is adamant that they are counting free tickets as sales and by his rough maths that has added between 3 - 4k on the total.

Edit: He also got one of his other grandchildren a freeby ticket with his full priced season ticket, and with his son's full price ticket another freeby ticket for a friend's underage son. So, if that is indicative, then they are fudging figures at the lane (again)

Edited by salmonbones