talking in the pub yesterday (On Topic)

In our last spell in the top flight (if my memory serves me correctly, it was 1983 to 2000 with one year in the division two as it was know then), we were as big as Spurs, Everton and Villa (sorry Baggiehi for mentioning them) and bigger than dirty L##ds, Man City, Newcastle and Chelsea. Forest, Derby and West Brom were smaller teams. No-one can deny this.

I still think we have that potential.

To answer Baggie's question: I would be happy to be a yo-yo team for a couple of years but would then like to push on to become a top six team. I have seen what we have done before and I want it back.

By the way, always top posts and topics from Baggiehi. It's good to have another club's fan come on here to discuss as opposed to taking the wee wee.

if we didnt, and started becoming a bottom half premier league team, what would you think?

In our last spell in the top flight (if my memory serves me correctly, it was 1983 to 2000 with one year in the division two as it was know then), we were as big as Spurs, Everton and Villa (sorry Baggiehi for mentioning them) and bigger than dirty L##ds, Man City, Newcastle and Chelsea. Forest, Derby and West Brom were smaller teams. No-one can deny this.

I still think we have that potential.

To answer Baggie's question: I would be happy to be a yo-yo team for a couple of years but would then like to push on to become a top six team. I have seen what we have done before and I want it back.

By the way, always top posts and topics from Baggiehi. It's good to have another club's fan come on here to discuss as opposed to taking the wee wee.

Thanks for for the compliment, There's a BIG difference between being a yo-yo club and Top Six. Basically most years you can split the prem into 3 seperate leagues, your bottom six which are the likes of us, wolves and the occasional surprise like Newcastle. These are the ones that are alwaysf ighting the relegation battles. Mid eight your Everton's and Villa's they get the odd cup run and europe but as whole mostly safe. Top six those are clubs owned by Billionares the grail for them is the Champions League. These are Global Brands. Man Utd got saddled with Green Bay Packer debt and are still weeing the league. there is a glass ceiling there that can only be broken by being owned another Multi Billionare. The difference between top six and 20th is the between the top of the championship and League 2.

Me, I aspire to consolidate us in the prem

i aspire to compete for the top 10 in the championship. id absolutely cream myself at the thought of another year in the premiership in all honesty mate. your approach has made the most business sense of the lot, hopefully youll keep working to realistic budgets.

whats ticket prices like BTW?

i aspire to compete for the top 10 in the championship. id absolutely cream myself at the thought of another year in the premiership in all honesty mate. your approach has made the most business sense of the lot, hopefully youll keep working to realistic budgets.

whats ticket prices like BTW?

Not announed yet this season most expensive was £499. Next season around £570ish maybe

what about matchday tickets? what are you lot paying for them?

Forgive my cut & paste

CATEGORY A+

Liverpool, Manchester United, Villa

Adults £42, seniors/students/under-18s £32, juniors £22

CATEGORY A

Arsenal, Chelsea, Birmingham, Everton, Manchester City, Tottenham, West Ham, Wolves

Adults £40, seniors/students/under-18s £30, junior £20

CATEGORY B

Blackburn, Blackpool, Bolton, Fulham, Newcastle, Stoke, Sunderland, Wigan

Adults £25, seniors/students/under-18s £15, junior £10

Pretty sure you also used to argue that United were 'light years ahead' of Wednesday... I'm assuming by light years, you mean the same league and an even bigger financial mess than we've ever had? :biggrin:

Never said that.

The whole point however of us 'been ready' to bounce straight back is ridiculous. This summer everything needs to be planned or put into place, the scouting, the wider academy network etc.

Never said that.

The whole point however of us 'been ready' to bounce straight back is ridiculous. This summer everything needs to be planned or put into place, the scouting, the wider academy network etc.

That's why I've always said its taken us 10 years

Forgive my cut & paste

CATEGORY A+

Liverpool, Manchester United, Villa

Adults £42, seniors/students/under-18s £32, juniors £22

CATEGORY A

Arsenal, Chelsea, Birmingham, Everton, Manchester City, Tottenham, West Ham, Wolves

Adults £40, seniors/students/under-18s £30, junior £20

CATEGORY B

Blackburn, Blackpool, Bolton, Fulham, Newcastle, Stoke, Sunderland, Wigan

Adults £25, seniors/students/under-18s £15, junior £10

ouch.. i honestly dont think i could justify payin £40 a ticket..

You don't need to play the Manchesters and Arsenals of this world to have the best day of your life at a football game, the occasional promotion from any division = success= money to the club, like G-Reg said, I'd bite you hand off to the elbow.

Too right, I remember the last time HUFC played WBA - league cup at the Hawthorns - 1-0 to the Bulls - we were boinging like crazy, WBA were a bit quiet. OK, not the best day ever but it was fab. The best - either beating Wrexham at the arms park to lift the welsh FA Cup or beating Halifax in the play off final to get back into the league.

Every club will go through it's low points - MUFC certainly have had them in the past, the piggies are just about to start theirs & SWFC have served their time time now & will shortly be replacing the likes of wigan & blackpool in the top flight. Enjoy the coming seasons Owls - you WILL return.

ouch.. i honestly dont think i could justify payin £40 a ticket..

we tend to get a high take up of season tickets. Unfortunately when you get back up there you'll find £40 is about average for pay on the stile

we tend to get a high take up of season tickets. Unfortunately when you get back up there you'll find £40 is about average for pay on the stile

That was my thoughts, money in football is outrageous. but thats another story.

thoughts on Hodgson being given the freedom of the streets?

At the end of the day being a 'yo-yo' club means you are going to be spending 50% of seasons getting regularly battered - and no fans like to lose every week. Thats why, although Blackpool have done incredibly well to get there, their fans won't be satisfied with 'giving it a good go' and getting relegated, despite what they may say at the beginning of the season.

Every fan wants to win every game, and getting relegated makes you feel poo no matter what comparative resources the club has.

That was my thoughts, money in football is outrageous. but thats another story.

thoughts on Hodgson being given the freedom of the streets?

three more points and we'll see :biggrin:

Edited by Guest

At the end of the day being a 'yo-yo' club means you are going to be spending 50% of seasons getting regularly battered - and no fans like to lose every week. Thats why, although Blackpool have done incredibly well to get there, their fans won't be satisfied with 'giving it a good go' and getting relegated, despite what they may say at the beginning of the season.

Every fan wants to win every game, and getting relegated makes you feel poo no matter what comparative resources the club has.

This was kind of my original point. I've enjoyed the championship seasons more. Bascally because we've dry humped it the last 4 seasons we were in it, the derby play off aside. The ea after that we won it as champions. But, the mindset of championship team in the prem. To actual Premier side has got to come sometime, The question was under the same set of circumstances, Would Wednesday fans have the patience?