20 years anniversary of League Cup Final

Guest Deleted member

Guest Deleted member

Are the club doing anything to commemorate our only trophy win in nearly 100 years? I'd love to attend a celebration dinner with *** Ron and the team?

Are the club doing anything to commemorate our only trophy win in nearly 100 years? I'd love to attend a celebration dinner with *** Ron and the team?

Didn't DJ1 set up a website call Dink91(or something like that) to celebrate the anniversary?

Guest Deleted member

Didn't DJ1 set up a website call Dink91(or something like that) to celebrate the anniversary?

Ooooh forgot about that - DJ?? Wassapnin dude?

I feel old now. That was my first time at Wembley and I still remember the entire day.

dink91.co.uk - go visit it now!

I know how you feel, the local TV reports the day after we beat Chelsea in the semis were going on about how it was our first major final since 1966 and I remember thinking 'how can you not get to a cup final in 25 years?'..................and here we are 20 years later! I can still remember the whole weekend vividly, apart from the actual game funnily enough! Other than the goal (which I couldn't see very well) THAT save, and Les Sealey going psycho with his physio I can't remember much else.

I think the club should celebrate the anniversary with a Monster Truck event on the pitch in the close season, with Bobby Davro as the guest host to give it that true nosalgic feel!

Guest mjk81

Are the club doing anything to commemorate our only trophy win in nearly 100 years?....

Ahem...

_41198293_winners-getty300.jpg

Apart from this one!

Everyone connected with the club whether that be supporter, player or staff should watch the DVD of the build up, pre match and post match celebrations. The way Big Ron dealt with the team the week before kick off and on the coach to Wembley was just brilliant. As for the fans it summed it up for me when the coach turns on to Wembley Way and all you can see is blue and white everywhere, some one actually comments "where's the man utd fans". It just makes the hairs on yer neck stand up. Awesome.

Ahem...

_41198293_winners-getty300.jpg

Apart from this one!

That's not a trophy win

I'm only 24 but I'd be disappointed if we started putting winning promotion as the third team from the third tier in the same bracket as beating Man U in a major domestic cup final!

Don't worry though going on how long it took last time, there's only another 5 years to wait!!!! (edit until we reach the final, I don't want to have to wait 56 years till we win something from 1991)

UTO

Edited by TheGaffer

Guest mjk81

That's not a trophy win

I'm only 24 but I'd be disappointed if we started putting winning promotion as the third team from the third tier in the same bracket as beating Man U in a major domestic cup final!

True I was being (a little bit) facetious!..... although I could not help but think that we could have won the JPT this year at least, as "only" Carlisle and Brentford made the final!