Summer signings; who can WE sign??

Can some of the more knowledgeable members explain what type of player we can attract and afford??

I'm guessing our best bet is players who arent getting a game in champ and prem or good players from L1 who want to play for a bigger team with more prospects, so noone in the top 6 of L1 who is getting a game would be interested,

I take it that even if P'borough don't get promoted we won't be able to attract Mickale-smith (cant be bothered to check spelling)?? He will most likely leave for a champ side in the summer won't he?

What can we expect to see in the summer?? What is the average price we would pay for a player 250k??

Will we actually have the best squad in the league??

Guest locky

Will be interestin to see who megson shows the door and who he brings in and what type of players hes after i reckon he will be looking for players with a pair we were the best team on paper at the start but look how thats panned out

Well the people out of contract are as follows:

Buxton, Hinds

JO'C, Miller, JJ

Loans set to expire:Nicholls, Mellor, R Jones, Batth, JO'B

I would guess- Buxton, JJ, Miller and pos JO'C will be offered new deals if they keep up their current form.

Hinds will almost certainly be shown the door!

Nicholls will definately leave, no great loss! Batth will return to Wolves as he has just signed a new deal there, and I dont think Megson will use a loan up on him, considering were already well covered at Centre-Back.

I believe a deal is on the cards or it was prior to injury for R Jones on a free transfer, Mellor wants to stay and his last few games must have impressed Megson- so expect a perm deal for him, as for JO'B the jury is out, fitness permitting between now and the end of the campaign.

There are others in the squad who I believe Megson will be quite keen to shift on, if his recent selections are anything to go by.

D Jones, Spurr, Reynolds- 2 of those 3 could be shown the door.

Sedgwick, Potter havent pulled up any trees, and one of C Morrison, or Heffernan will more than likely leave in search for first team football!

In terms of recruiting further transfers, we are certainly the wealthiest in the division ( sounds good saying that), have got the best stadium/fans/history/chairman/manager? In the division so we will certainly have the best bargaining power to attract the best players, from whatever division that may be.

Young prem talent who arent inc in the 25 man squads are more than realistic, and some Championship players would certainly consider us an attractive proposition I should imagine.

So it could be another exciting summer of comings/goings.

I for one am looking forward to it!

think we should try and sign dean cox from orient looks a good winger bit of pace good cross has loads of assists sam saunders of brentford dont know much about but he had a blinder against carlisle and proved against us he can score a free kick

Something that bothers me about buying league one players is that i feel you need a good championship side to get out of this league, when Madine joined i thought surely we need the Tevez or Drogba of L1 not the Carrol!!

So in terms of buying anyone from Orient I really just can't get excited, but i think the one you have mentioned is the one that tore us apart at hillsborough plus a good winger would be of use if we are going to persist with Madine.

We need a squad about as good as the current Leeds or Norwich side, they haven't made that many changes since they went up.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Megson does this summer, how much do we think MM will put into the coughers? i think the good thing with Megson is he has a great track record of unearthing some real gems. I 'm confident he has targets in mind and he knows who he wants to move on.

£8 million would be an amazing budget, i'm sure someone said on here he can cancel contracts as well. I agree with tomhollywood it'll be intresting to see who he ships out on loan/gets rid of. With an £8million pound budget i think Megson will build a really great team for next season. I tihnk it will show the club has massive ambition and Megson will sell that vision to some ambitious young hungry players. Next season is going to be AWESOME!!!!

I can see players from any team in this league wanting to come here except maybe Huddersfield or Southampton players and Makail-Smith will go to a top 6 championship club for £3-5m we have no chance for him, wish we had signed McLean though he would have ripped this league up with us next season

Guest utOwlz

Well the people out of contract are as follows:

Buxton, Hinds

JO'C, Miller, JJ

Loans set to expire:Nicholls, Mellor, R Jones, Batth, JO'B

I would guess- Buxton, JJ, Miller and pos JO'C will be offered new deals if they keep up their current form.

Hinds will almost certainly be shown the door!

Nicholls will definately leave, no great loss! Batth will return to Wolves as he has just signed a new deal there, and I dont think Megson will use a loan up on him, considering were already well covered at Centre-Back.

I believe a deal is on the cards or it was prior to injury for R Jones on a free transfer, Mellor wants to stay and his last few games must have impressed Megson- so expect a perm deal for him, as for JO'B the jury is out, fitness permitting between now and the end of the campaign.

There are others in the squad who I believe Megson will be quite keen to shift on, if his recent selections are anything to go by.

D Jones, Spurr, Reynolds- 2 of those 3 could be shown the door.

Sedgwick, Potter havent pulled up any trees, and one of C Morrison, or Heffernan will more than likely leave in search for first team football!

In terms of recruiting further transfers, we are certainly the wealthiest in the division ( sounds good saying that), have got the best stadium/fans/history/chairman/manager? In the division so we will certainly have the best bargaining power to attract the best players, from whatever division that may be.

Young prem talent who arent inc in the 25 man squads are more than realistic, and some Championship players would certainly consider us an attractive proposition I should imagine.

So it could be another exciting summer of comings/goings.

I for one am looking forward to it!

Im sorry but none of them deserve new contracts! Just because we have won the last couple and looked decent doesnt make up for the fact that all those players have been crap this season except maybe buxton. If we give new deals to JOC and Miller and JJ then forget about promotion next season.

JJ only turns up once every 8-9games - get rid

Miller is injury prone and isnt getting any younger, and also isnt consistent enough - get rid

JOC is just a poor poor footballer and would be totally out of place in a promotion winning team - Puts plenty of effort in but get rid

Hinds - get rid

I would also hope to see the back of the likes of:

Potter

Spurr

Sedgwick

C Morrison

Heff

D Jones

This season has been a complete disaster and it needs major changes and nothing else will do for me. If were going to give new contracts to 4 out of the 5 that are out of contract like you think, then dont be surprised to see another mid table sh!te season. I dont care about their form either they have already shown beyond any doubt that they are not good enough, quite simply get rid!

Edited by utOwlz

Not sure where the figure of 8 million comes from but if its correct, its likely to include money earmarked for paying off contracts A quick calculation, apparently Megson wants to cut the size of the squad from 29 to a more manageable 23, so if we assume he'll want to bring in half a dozen of his own players, then we have to lose around 12. With only five out of contract and not all guaranteed to go, that may mean quite a chunk of the 8 million is needed to pay off players contracts. Obviously some though not all of the loan players will go back to their parent clubs. I'm sure we will be one of the only clubs at this level to be paying fees for players but I doubt it will be in the million pounds bracket. Will be interesting though.

Something that bothers me about buying league one players is that i feel you need a good championship side to get out of this league, when Madine joined i thought surely we need the Tevez or Drogba of L1 not the Carrol!!

So in terms of buying anyone from Orient I really just can't get excited, but i think the one you have mentioned is the one that tore us apart at hillsborough plus a good winger would be of use if we are going to persist with Madine.

We need a squad about as good as the current Leeds or Norwich side, they haven't made that many changes since they went up.

norwich and leeds bought from the lower leagues norwich with russell martin simeon jackson andrew crofts look where they are and leeds with bradley johnson lloyd sam there are some good players in this league. you say we need to buy good championship players what good championship player would want to drop down a division if hes any good he will want to go up a division. we are a league 1 club now coming to wednesday isnt as appealing anymore yes we have mandaric but we have got a bottomless bank i think we need players fom this league players who will work for it and fight for it not someone drop down a league for a bit of extra cash just look at clinton morrison!!

Jameson

JJ

Potter

Sedgwick

C Morrison

Heff

D Jones

Hinds

Teale

Modest

All the loanees to go back - Obrian / Jones / Batth / Nicolls

At a guess will be out of the door..

Leaving a squad..

Weaver / ROD

Buxton / Reynolds / Johnson / Semi / Beevers / Morrison / Spurr

Miller / Coke / Palmer / Oconner

Madine / Mellor

With room for . 8 new additions

Edited by Doctor Duran

norwich and leeds bought from the lower leagues norwich with russell martin simeon jackson andrew crofts look where they are and leeds with bradley johnson lloyd sam there are some good players in this league. you say we need to buy good championship players what good championship player would want to drop down a division if hes any good he will want to go up a division. we are a league 1 club now coming to wednesday isnt as appealing anymore yes we have mandaric but we have got a bottomless bank i think we need players fom this league players who will work for it and fight for it not someone drop down a league for a bit of extra cash just look at clinton morrison!!

Spot on.

Quality Championship players will be out of our reach.

We should be looking at buying the best players in this league from other clubs, cherry picking them. There is no reason why we cant buy players from pretty much all of the clubs in league one.

As long as they are young, hungry and have some balls. Lets go out there and make ourselves favourites for next season.