Where has this JOC been all season?? :ph34r:

Without being unfair to the 4 or 5 others who have been outstanding in those last 2 games, JOC has probably been the best player on the pitch against Colchester and Tranmere.

Hope he's silenced his boo boys for a long time... :cool:

As one of his biggest critics on here I will agree he played well tonight. Very good.

But he should not be given a new contract...sorry he is not good enough to be part of a consistantly winning team. Against better opposition he just chases shadows and will do again.

As one of his biggest critics on here I will agree he played well tonight. Very good.

But he should not be given a new contract...sorry he is not good enough to be part of a consistantly winning team. Against better opposition he just chases shadows and will do again.

Agree led by example, mom performance but next season no thanks.

Thought he was excellent again tonight, all the other fvckers seem to have been given a reprieve...why not O Connor....?....He broke the play up well...he tracked back ..maybe his confidence is up, and thats how he plays when given the right role and different players around him, its far too early to say he should not have a new contract, if he keeps this level up it should be difficult not to give him one...

Thought he was excellent again tonight, all the other fvckers seem to have been given a reprieve...why not O Connor....?....He broke the play up well...he tracked back ..maybe his confidence is up, and thats how he plays when given the right role and different players around him, its far too early to say he should not have a new contract, if he keeps this level up it should be difficult not to give him one...

I said to my mate tonight that he has had an excellent game....so yeah of course he gets a reprieve.

But there are better players (of his type) out there than him and now we can afford them, we should be moving on from JOC in summer.

I said to my mate tonight that he has had an excellent game....so yeah of course he gets a reprieve.

But there are better players (of his type) out there than him and now we can afford them, we should be moving on from JOC in summer.

I'm sure there are better players of his type than him mate...theres better players of any type than the lot of 'em....but on this form he has to be at least a squad player

Where has this JOC been all season?? :ph34r:

Without being unfair to the 4 or 5 others who have been outstanding in those last 2 games, JOC has probably been the best player on the pitch against Colchester and Tranmere.

Hope he's silenced his boo boys for a long time... :cool:

Can i have some of that your smoking,if you think he's been out standing you have not seen many good footballers,he runs about and does nothing.

I'm sure there are better players of his type than him mate...theres better players of any type than the lot of 'em....but on this form he has to be at least a squad player

He is too slow and too small.

Yes he is a battler and I give him credit for that. But I hope we get someone more mobile to be our midfield engine..,..

why hasn't he performed like this all season?

I would say it is to do with how we set up.

Under AI we had a back 4 and then the middle 4 sat infront of them. A massive gap of 30 yards to the front 2. If Joc went chasing the ball they could just knock it around him as the rest of the midfield were so deep.

The defence now plays about 10-15 yards furhter up the pitch, the midfield now appear to be no longer shackled to them. With forwards one who can hold the ball up and the other willing to run the channels and 2 widemen willing to attack this now stretches the opposition.

Instead of looking like 3 seperate unites with a team, we have looked like a team. The space in the middle of the park is more compressed, if one player misses it then another one is close. Instead of having one or two midfielders trying to win the ball back we have 4 midfielders adn 2 forwards trying to win the ball back.

Someone mentioned it already if we are willing to put the hard work in, our quality will eventually shine through. It is only two games and the big test comes Saturday but if we carry on in the same vein I can see us getting something but aslong as we put in a performace then I will be happy.