Who is in for a welcome message for United

I think it would be good if us Owlstalkers and fellow Owls fans marked the occasion of United joining us in League 1 by arranging for a big poster to be put up on the billboard outside the lane. Something similar to the 'welcome to Manchester poster' done for Tevez.

Not sure how much it would cost or how to go about it but I think it would be brilliant.

Guest Davidowls

Im a strong believer in Karma, so that could come and bite us on the arse. Like the thinking though.......

I think it would be good if us Owlstalkers and fellow Owls fans marked the occasion of United joining us in League 1 by arranging for a big poster to be put up on the billboard outside the lane. Something similar to the 'welcome to Manchester poster' done for Tevez.

Not sure how much it would cost or how to go about it but I think it would be brilliant.

We haven't got a leg to stand on ourselves really - lets not get cocky. We've got nothing to get cocky about

Come on!

There's no fun in football anymore. All this concentrate on us, look at us first, we need to get ourselves in order blah blah.

Look, we know we're poo poo, taking the wee wee out of our rivals doesn't make us any less self aware, however not enjoying their miserable time because of it is ridiculous.

They're the pigs! Over a century of sharing a city and being their closest rivals. I'm loving taking the wee wee out of them at the minute, if that makes me small time then so be it, but I'll wager I'm having much better a time than those frowning and furrowing their brows over such terrible behaviour.

Guest Stereophonics

Still don't think they will go down.

Hope they don't to be honest as they would probably finish above us in the league again.

Edited by Stereophonics

Would have been much better joining them in the Championship, I can still remember the days we played them in the top division, happy times !!!

Guest totemowl

It might be a big thing for them, but that's it. Just another club as far as I'm concerned. Why big them up into something they are not?

So they aren't our closest rivals? If they're 'just another club' I assume that you don't know any of them personally?

I'm with you on this one FG as stated in the past.

I grew up surrounded by the fookers and I have had to put up with their mouthy, deluded poo throughout.

I have always had an "always bigger, always better" arrogance towards them which they hate but they have failed to capitalise on our period of misery and have one year only in the sunshine of the Premier League plus a few near misses as bragging rights.

flipping bridesmaids. Always have been and always will be.

Prepare for bother when we play 'em next year because that's the only thing they've got left over us and they're not even as good at that as they used to be.

flipping hate 'em.

Congratulations on being as poo poo as us. Hardly beaut bant that is it?

Maybe the OP idea isn't the best, but not to say there isn't something we could do. Instead of either:

A) we should look at ourselves first

B) resent what we actually are

C) criticise those who do get enjoyment from the rivalry

D) criticise the opening post

E) all of the above.

And maybe throw some ideas around that would be funny? And wee wee them off? We suffered it last year, now it's their turn. And I for one am both loving it and plan on taking full advantage.

Maybe the OP idea isn't the best, but not to say there isn't something we could do. Instead of either:

A) we should look at ourselves first

B) resent what we actually are

C) criticise those who do get enjoyment from the rivalry

D) criticise the opening post

E) all of the above.

And maybe throw some ideas around that would be funny? And wee wee them off? We suffered it last year, now it's their turn. And I for one am both loving it and plan on taking full advantage.

A plane with a banner flying over The Sty simply stating, "When delusion becomes reality." would suffice but I don't think they'd be able to read it.