Spireite in Peace

Guest Spiritof1866

I will never set foot in t lane ever again.

They will be desperate for money next year and they're not getting a penny off me.

Nor me. Hey you might have just started something. Lets all boycott Bumhall Lane next season. The tickets they give us is paltry and pathetic anyway.

Nor me. Hey you might have just started something. Lets all boycott Bumhall Lane next season. The tickets they give us is paltry and pathetic anyway.

The "Boycott Bumhole Lane" thread will be started by me next season when we're closer to the fixture. :biggrin:

one very notable instance + 50% on that had a mellor playing in it too :biggrin: :biggrin:

And what a first goal. The blunts management team claimed Mellor had only got one foot and that was his left. He goes down the left wing cuts in and lets fly from about 30/35 yards with his right foot which screams into the top corner. Same again next season please Neil.

And what a first goal. The blunts management team claimed Mellor had only got one foot and that was his left. He goes down the left wing cuts in and lets fly from about 30/35 yards with his right foot which screams into the top corner. Same again next season please Neil.

yep would love a mellor goal in repeat with a record crowd for the div 1- many happy memories around that time with the birth of my son just before, bloody happy days

Hope you're saving a special space for Mr. Megson! :laugh:

Think yourself lucky you won't have to suffer Barnet or Macclesfield Town, and you've seen nothing till you've been to Accrington Stanley's place...

mego is still above shezza in my all time fave owls list but unfortunately has never scored the winner in a cup final for us lol

Guest Distraught!

Nottinghamshire clubs have always been our nearest, most bitterly hated rivals as far as I've been concerned, especially in my youth (I can just about remember those days). For many other reasons than football.

Now you have basically lost your nearest and dearest rivals now that they flounder in the middle of the Vauxhall Conference (name changed?). When was the last time you played the Shags?

I want Chesterfield and Rotherham to come up Huddersfield to stay down and United Sflaphorpe and Donny to come down will be some great derby days next season then.

Donny have been in freefall as of late and Preston have hit form at the business end of the season so i can see them escaping the drop and hope they do to send Donny or Palace down :biggrin:

Guest Spiritof1866

Now you have basically lost your nearest and dearest rivals now that they flounder in the middle of the Vauxhall Conference (name changed?). When was the last time you played the Shags?

It breaks our hearts, it really does hahaha!

We played the scabs in the cup a few seasons ago, that's pretty much it.

Guest Spiritof1866

I want Chesterfield and Rotherham to come up Huddersfield to stay down and United Sflaphorpe and Donny to come down will be some great derby days next season then.

Donny have been in freefall as of late and Preston have hit form at the business end of the season so i can see them escaping the drop and hope they do to send Donny or Palace down :biggrin:

A mate of mine works at Donny Royal infirmary, she can't believe how fickle Donny fans are. O'Driscoll has been famed for decent footballing methods but I reckon some of his decisions this season with releasing players on loan were questionable to say the least. That said, I watched QPR walk through the Blunts defence last night as if they weren't there, they to me look every bit a bottom of the league side.

As a proud Spireite I felt I ought to say a thanks for the kind words of Wednesdayites on Radio Sheffield lately towards our successes on the pitch and off. I've many friends in Sheffield, I spent many happy years there myself and used to watch the Owls on occasion, preferring to watch actual football rather than hoofball down the road.

Since our titanic encounter at Hillsborough I thought, after all the inevitable banter, we gave a decent account of ourselves, took the defeat on the chin and got back to the task in hand of getting out of the Bargain Basement league. I really was surprised to see Wednesday drawn into a dogfight in L1, with proven Champ players like Mellor, Morrison, Teale, JJ et al, I really could not expect anything other than a playoff place at least. My Owls mates bemoan a lack of defensive nous, a raft of players with no bottle, but this didn't seem to be the case when we played you at yours, what's gone wrong??

In any case, thanks again for the kind statements, I certainly hope we see you in what ought to be a cracking L1 next season. I also have the misfortune of knowing a few Blunties, all of whom were laughing themselves silly at Wednesday's drop last season; they ain't laughing quite so hard now.

All the best for the run-in, I still say you'll do enough to stop up this season.

Nice words mate. This is why I like Chesterfield - nothing nasty to say about Wednesday and no jealousy issues like the other local clubs.

Been to watch Chesterfield half a dozen times this season with a mate who supports them and got to admit the away following is very, very good (as is the b2net Stadium). Can't say I'm in the same bracket as the Wednesdayites who thinks Sheridan gets you playing brilliant football (I've seen more direct, effective football from Chesterfield than nice passing - Stockport away springs to mind!), but it works and is mixed in with some very good football.

Delighted to see the Spireites in the same league as us next season (no doubts we'll stay up now after Saturday's result and performance - just wait, we'll get hammered tonight now!) and can't wait for the Wednesday descent on the b2net Stadium!!

SUPER JACK LESTER!!!

Guest MARKOWLS

It breaks our hearts, it really does hahaha!

We played the scabs in the cup a few seasons ago, that's pretty much it.

i wouldnt bother with the sheridan tattooo, hes wednesdays next manager , crawl over broken glass to manage us the owls, a big club.. ohh by the way did you used to watch chezzy before the improvement????

dont be so naive,chesterfield fans are just the same as rovrum pigs and barnsley

From your experience perhaps, not from mine.

They have beef with Mansfield and Derby, a bit of needle recently with Rotherham, and aren't Wednesday or United's biggest fans, but they don't have this jealousy issue that the other local clubs do.

Even when they have a pop at us (Build a bonfire, build a bonfire, stick United at the top, Wednesday in the middle, and burn the friggin' lot) makes me laugh because it seems to be done in a lighthearted way - unlike Barnsley, Doncaster and Rotherham, who just hate us!

Guest Spiritof1866

Nice words mate. This is why I like Chesterfield - nothing nasty to say about Wednesday and no jealousy issues like the other local clubs.

Been to watch Chesterfield half a dozen times this season with a mate who supports them and got to admit the away following is very, very good (as is the b2net Stadium). Can't say I'm in the same bracket as the Wednesdayites who thinks Sheridan gets you playing brilliant football (I've seen more direct, effective football from Chesterfield than nice passing - Stockport away springs to mind!), but it works and is mixed in with some very good football.

Delighted to see the Spireites in the same league as us next season (no doubts we'll stay up now after Saturday's result and performance - just wait, we'll get hammered tonight now!) and can't wait for the Wednesday descent on the b2net Stadium!!

SUPER JACK LESTER!!!

Stockport away was a horrorshow, right in the middle of a bad run for us. Fortunately we're well out of that now and just picking the points up where we can.

So based on the squad changes most Owls fans are asking for, who do you keep for next season? Surely Mellor, JJ, Morrison maybe Teale? Who else would you want to keep?

The beauty of being a decent size club is at least you can offer decent attractive wages for players to build on next season.

Stockport away was a horrorshow, right in the middle of a bad run for us. Fortunately we're well out of that now and just picking the points up where we can.

So based on the squad changes most Owls fans are asking for, who do you keep for next season? Surely Mellor, JJ, Morrison maybe Teale? Who else would you want to keep?

The beauty of being a decent size club is at least you can offer decent attractive wages for players to build on next season.

Too right it was mate, though the atmosphere in the away end was good. Went to the Bradford game shortly after (perhaps next away game after?) and the performance was much, much better.

I'd keep Weaver, Spurr, Buxton, M Morrison, Reynolds, Miller, Coke, D Jones, Batth, O'Donnell, R Johnson, J Johnson, Jameson, R Jones, Palmer, Madine, Mellor, and Otsemobor for next season. Whilst some of them haven't performed to the levels I'd expect this season, it has been a difficult season given the off-field problems, manager changes etc so I'd give them (the younger ones) another season to prove their worth.

Expensive oldies who have bene hit and miss I wouldn't be sad to see leave - the C Morrison's and Teale's of the squad. Love the two characters, but we need younger, fresh players - more Madine's and Palmer's please!

What is the deal with half of your squad? My mate was saying half of the squad (first team) contracts expire this summer - mainly the GK and Davies.

Guest Spiritof1866

Too right it was mate, though the atmosphere in the away end was good. Went to the Bradford game shortly after (perhaps next away game after?) and the performance was much, much better.

I'd keep Weaver, Spurr, Buxton, M Morrison, Reynolds, Miller, Coke, D Jones, Batth, O'Donnell, R Johnson, J Johnson, Jameson, R Jones, Palmer, Madine, Mellor, and Otsemobor for next season. Whilst some of them haven't performed to the levels I'd expect this season, it has been a difficult season given the off-field problems, manager changes etc so I'd give them (the younger ones) another season to prove their worth.

Expensive oldies who have bene hit and miss I wouldn't be sad to see leave - the C Morrison's and Teale's of the squad. Love the two characters, but we need younger, fresh players - more Madine's and Palmer's please!

What is the deal with half of your squad? My mate was saying half of the squad (first team) contracts expire this summer - mainly the GK and Davies.

Does your academy still turn out good prospects? I remember a fair few household names coming through the youth ranks at S6.

Yeah, lot of contracts up this season but my sources tell me Shez is starting to work on a retained list and putting together terms for those players on it. I'd rather it this way really as we got stitched up with some atrocious signings under Richardson. And the poster mentioning pre-Shez football was absolutely spot on; It truly was football only the Blunts would be proud of...

It was two months after us in 1867 - your directors claimed 1866 just beat us, well documented.

Chesterfield Town went under and Chesterfield FC was formed in 1920.

It's like Leeds United claiming 1904 rather than 1919 because Leeds City (a different entity altogether) were formed then.

Or AFC Wimbledon claiming the history of Wimbledon FC.