Danny Batth

Ive been very impressed by this lad since he came on loan. What he offers was typified in his performance today. He does nothing fancy and sticks his foot through the ball when needed. His distribution is far better than many of our CBs and although he doesnt have pace he does read the ball well. I think he would make a really good summer signing.

I think the best we could hope for would be a season long loan.

He attacks the ball well and seems to read the game equally as good. Strong and good in the air.

A little bit of an 'old fashioned' cb, but very effective in this division.

Guest Saturday Owl

Hopefully he will gain more confidence and show why Wolves rate him so highly.

Very impressed though with him, well done Danny!

Guest Sheff Owl

Is it just me or does Batth and Buxton look a like?

Today it was like "great tackle/block/clearence Batth, i mean Buxton, no Batth" :biggrin:

The whole back four looked really nervy for the first 15, at one point we spooned a ball back across our own box and god knows how their lad missed but it curled around the post. Buxton was struggling on his left boot and Semi was being outpaced by their number 7 who seemed their best player.

But that chance being missed seemed to suck the life out of them and we responded by scoring and our confidence grew from then on. Baath and R.Johnson looked more solid and composed on the ball suddenly finding that ability again. Typical in the fact we had to concede and make it nervy when we could and shouldve got a third or even fourth. ROD needed to hang onto that shot!

Guest maltaowl

Confidence is key and today proved it. A bit nervy at the start but grew with confidence emphatically from the goal when we they got the crowd rocking behind them. Then we real pushed on and boasted the game. Let's hope we take this into another key game on Tuesday