James O'Connor

JOC was feckin brill today,,as usual he gave 100%,,,MotM,,imo,,,,,,the only difference in today and recent matches is the whole team put a shift in,,,,,,,Can't understand why Mellors been left out,,but i think he proved to Megs,he's worth a starting shirt,,lots of commitment and a big tuff lump for defenders to deal with,,,Madine worked his socks off too,,him and Mellor could make a great strike partnership,,,

The standing ovation at half time summed everthing up for me,,,,,put a shift in,show commitment and you'll get the support and encouragement ya deserve,,,,today was well worth it,,,,,,big well done to the lads for a great performance,,,,and a massive well done to the crowd,,,,,,,it's a lot nicer than boooooing init,,,lol,,, biggrin.gif

It's all about opinions, and I'd have O'Connor in my team every week. You never get less than 100% from him, and he's just an easy target when things aren't going right. Had an argument with a bloke at St Andrews who booed JOC before he'd kicked the ball, and every time things went wrong it was O'Connor's fault, even when he wasn't involved. Spurr was appalling that day, but didn't get a word of abuse from this knob. O'Connor would run fifty yards to get the ball, and then get foul mouthed abuse from this idiot, because he only passed it to the nearest Wednesday player, instead of making a fourty yard Sheridan type pass, to a different Wednesday player.

He wears his heart on his sleeve, and if I was involved in a scrap, the two people I'd want on my side would be O'Connor and Mellor, because they give everything in every single game they play.

im with you man

o"conner is always an easy target

i think people need to realise we will have many players who are lavking quality,due to our club habing no investment in players for so many years,

good players getting sold and replaced by short term free transfers

o"conner is a good example of a great pro

he has worked insanely hard to just be a footballer

he puts in 100% and deserves our respect

hes a tryer,alaways has been,and rather than moron on here directing abuse at this level of ability,im so pleased hes getting this thread and the rightful pudits,,,he was outstanding today,,,

and when hes on the groove,he breaks up play and allows us to gain control

we need him here for the fight ahead,.,,

i hope he is remebered here fro his hard work and commitent to the cause

where's the fookin' harm in congratulating a player for playing well in a match?

ffs if he was the difference between winning and losing then he ought to be thanked! doesn't matter if he's not played that well all season. TODAY he made a difference and deserves credit for that.

it's like not congratulating a goalscorer in a 1-0 win because he missed the chances before...

messed up...

Guest Buxtonian

Just like me to be unable to get to yesterday due to a prior commitment. After watching all the crap we have seen lately, just ny luck, thank goodness.

With regard to JOC, I'm hugely pleased to see him being lionised for yesterday's performance. I have watched him since he came into the team, and have always been impressed by his enthusiasm and work rate. Unfortunately this has more often than not been to no avail, but he has always run himself into the ground, tried to encourage his fellow players, and for the smallest man in the side, it has always amazed me the height he reaches when jumping for a ball. After IMO so many ineffective rather than poor displays I'm glad he come good.

im with you man

o"conner is always an easy target

i think people need to realise we will have many players who are lavking quality,due to our club habing no investment in players for so many years,

good players getting sold and replaced by short term free transfers

o"conner is a good example of a great pro

he has worked insanely hard to just be a footballer

he puts in 100% and deserves our respect

hes a tryer,alaways has been,and rather than moron on here directing abuse at this level of ability,im so pleased hes getting this thread and the rightful pudits,,,he was outstanding today,,,

and when hes on the groove,he breaks up play and allows us to gain control

we need him here for the fight ahead,.,,

i hope he is remebered here fro his hard work and commitent to the cause

for once a good post leftear you can have a +1 cause you didn't mention Irving :biggrin:

commitment is everything in football and o'conner showed that in spades today by all accounts , as did the whole team, keep that commitment for the rest of the season ,and we will not be far wrong,

i have allways maintained that the players have it in them ,it was just a case of getting to produce that workmanlike quality ,Well lads /lass (Nemesis :biggrin: ) they did that yesterday ,Bet the opposition thought it would be an easy 3 point's well flip em didn't work out that way did it .

truely awsome wednesday keep it going UTO

commitment is everything in football and o'conner showed that in spades today by all accounts , as did the whole team, keep that commitment for the rest of the season ,and we will not be far wrong,

i have allways maintained that the players have it in them ,it was just a case of getting to produce that workmanlike quality ,Well lads /lass (Nemesis :biggrin: ) they did that yesterday ,Bet the opposition thought it would be an easy 3 point's well flip em didn't work out that way did it .

truely awsome wednesday keep it going UTO

Table turning performance.

Table turning performance.

we need to be even handed

well done megson and te team,,but we nee to keep it up

one win,isnt enough,all season there has been a frustration lack of consistacey

so when ths team string 4 good performances together,then iwill think we have turned some kind of corner