James O'Connor

Doesn't take long to ruin a good mood on here does it!!!! The lads played well today JOC had a good game nobody's saying tie him down to a 10 year contract!!!! he had a good game today but i know lets just slag him off!!! all we wanted was a good performance, a bit of passion and some fight and we got that today and another 3points towards safety. Dont get me wrong i dont think JOC's a great player but he ran his arse off today and had a great game so WELL DONE JOC.

Guest Sheff Owl

You know what not really a fan but today HE WAS FANTASTIC!

Can't fault him at all - he broke up the play and put himself about.

Well done James!

Edited by Sheff Owl

Guest Saturday Owl

O'Connor was very good today, won a lot in the air too for a little man.

Well done JOC you've earned your wage for today.

JOC = MOTM

Agreed - he set the standard, especially during the first half.

Mellor also did well and THE RADIATOR was immense - have they sent the wrong one back from international duty?

Guest gringo69

Credit where credit is due, to both him and the rest who AT LAST put in a 'shift' this afternoon.

I never thought beating Colchester 2-1 would give me such a high.

You know what not really a fan but today HE WAS FANTASTIC!

Can't fault him at all - he broke up the play and put himself about.

Well done James!

It's all about opinions, and I'd have O'Connor in my team every week. You never get less than 100% from him, and he's just an easy target when things aren't going right. Had an argument with a bloke at St Andrews who booed JOC before he'd kicked the ball, and every time things went wrong it was O'Connor's fault, even when he wasn't involved. Spurr was appalling that day, but didn't get a word of abuse from this knob. O'Connor would run fifty yards to get the ball, and then get foul mouthed abuse from this idiot, because he only passed it to the nearest Wednesday player, instead of making a fourty yard Sheridan type pass, to a different Wednesday player.

He wears his heart on his sleeve, and if I was involved in a scrap, the two people I'd want on my side would be O'Connor and Mellor, because they give everything in every single game they play.

Did really well today, as one of those out of contract and easy to get rid of, will he now stay? I know one swallow and all that but, Megson likes him and if he can turn in performances like that, he might be useful to have around.

Give me a team full of JOC’s every week,

Not the most gifted of player but one who has the heart of a lion rather than a pussycat.

He nearly always gives 110%, and id rather have that than some over hyped ars3 wipe that is only here to drag a wage.

For the first time in along time, everyone played for each other/as a team.

This is all we have been asking for over the last few months, and they delivered today.

MOTM for me should be shared equally between the whole team.

Guest andyofsheffield

Man of the match. His work rate today was fantastic, it's whats been missing over the past games.