megson facing the axe

Guest Big Guns

While guru has stated his unhappiness at Megson's appointment he is a Wednesday fan, I think, so no matter what a win is a win. Also I am sure he has stated on several occasions he hopes Megson proves him wrong but doesn't believe he will.

If today was an example of what lies ahead, I may revise that , OK, in truth it could have gone either way but we know these players have limitations, but what was really encouraging today was the desire of the players to work for the manager. Maybe it was that much maligned individual get together with the players or the very real threat of losing his job, either way something changed, and for the better. Listen, there is nothing I would like more than to be able to get off the managers back, it would mean we were moving in the right direction at last.

Guest Big Guns

oi less of the language mr. :biggrin:

theres nowt gets me more angry than people who think wed rather lose just to prove a point on here :mad:

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

I'll hold my hands up also- I got it wrong by saying that megson was wrong putting pressure on the players via the media. He got the response he was asking for. And more importantly the players now know what they need do to get the fans on their side. Well done Megson and the players. I stand corrected.

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

I'll hold my hands up also- I got it wrong by saying that megson was wrong putting pressure on the players via the media. He got the response he was asking for. And more importantly the players now know what they need do to get the fans on their side. Well done Megson and the players. I stand corrected.

Guest bartos

wot a flippingwee pipe you are we never want to loose you flippingtailface

lol

Read back one of my earlier posts...

Wind up, knobber

Bit quiet on this thread tonight.............

Maybe the critics should now give the guy a pre season with some of his own signings and then pass judgement when we've played 10-15 games of next season.

Well ofcourse it is; no-one wants to admit how silly they were to be calling for his head after a dozen matches. It's the same at every club, people make their minds up far too fast. Bradford City fans are unusual; they make their minds up in a positive way far too quickly.

Two wins in a row don't mean Megson's good, just as a dozen uninspiring performances didn't mean he was bad. Poor Chris Powell won his first FOUR matches in charge after being appointed at Charlton in January. He's won ONE of the subsequent THIRTEEN. Now he needs the close-season, and fast.

It will be fancinating to find out what has actually happened at our club

In my opinion, the players clearly did not want to play for Megson initially, at times it didn't look at they were even trying. I put this down to Megson being too hard on them, and the culture shock of nice AI to big bad Megson.

But now.... we're a team again. Fighting, battling, and mostly importantly winning

Also, I think it's a little harsh for people to start people bumping all the threads where Megson received criticism, just to rub peoples noses in it. When some questions were raised about Megson, it was all the players' fault and every single one apart from Madine should be shipped out on a free. Now they're brilliant; two weeks ago Mellor was a fat lazy waster who only played for AI but now he must be signed and will tear the league apart (again)

Everyone has been making snap judgements during our terrible run, some blamed the players, some blamed the manager. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle

Edited by enigmamedusa

It will be fancinating to find out what has actually happened at our club

In my opinion, the players clearly did not want to play for Megson initially, at times it didn't look at they were even trying. I put this down to Megson being too hard on them, and the culture shock of nice AI to big bad Megson.

But now.... we're a team again. Fighting, battling, and mostly importantly winning

Also, I think it's a little harsh for people to start people bumping all the threads where Megson received criticism, just to rub peoples noses in it. When some questions were raised about Megson, it was all the players' fault and every single one apart from Madine should be shipped out on a free. Now they're brilliant; two weeks ago Mellor was a fat lazy waster who only played for AI but now he must be signed and will tear the league apart (again)

Everyone has been making snap judgements during our terrible run, some blamed the players, some blamed the manager. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle

Don't forget the fans. :biggrin: