megson facing the axe

Guest Big Guns

Guest bartos

just wot id expect from you not man enough to appologies ,i dont need to put a link up cos i only put the truth on here as you should no by now

Ha what am I apologising for

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

just wot id expect from you not man enough to appologies ,i dont need to put a link up cos i only put the truth on here as you should no by now

The problem with this forum big-guns is people aren't entitled to an opinion that goes against the grain. If you give this then people start to get personal. It is a joke and makes a mockery of what this forum is about.

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

Doesn't surprise me for one minute.

TBF it wouldn't surprise me either.

Act in haste MM and repent in leisure, is my view. Yet more short termism.

Quite ironic how this appears on the same day there is a thread about Colin.

Mr Mcabe acted in haste and now he isn't acting at all.

It must be on Milan's mind Fair enough he says he's committed to getting us back to the Premier and must have known he'd have to spend a bit to do it The idea was to get back to the Championship as quickly as possible and then bankroll a push from there Being stuck in this division for another season is already costing him a further 7 million and even if we do manage to avoid the unthinkable he has to be worrying about the managers approach All this talk of clearing out the players, and we must presume from Megson's inability to get any sort of response, that it will be the majority, sounds hideously expensive. We may have a situation where we may have to pay off the contracts of a dozen players or more. When you add on what it will cost Megson to rebuild the squad, you are looking a spend of over £10 million. Unheard of for a club at this level and Milan may now be thinking, he could pay Megson off, get someone in who could add a few to what we have and turn around the clubs fortunes, and all for a fraction of the price. It may be that is is purely an economic decision. Anyway, a win today and a nice little run until the end of the season, and none of this will be relevant. Setting off now to cheer on Megson and the lads. UTO

Guest maltaowl

Although Megson has been poor since he came in, does it really mean that we have to open the revolving door again. What if we replace Megson with whoever and he fails to keep us up. Would he be sacked as well?

Just found this -----> http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/news/2011/02/20/sheffiel-wednesday-owner-wanted-paul-ince-as-the-new-owls-boss-before-bringing-in-gary-megson-102039-22935156/

Looks like Meggo wasn't first choice for MM.

For what it;s worth, looking at GM's history, he's not a know motivator, his thing is to clear out and build it right, I think MM know's that needs doing, so for that I think he'll keep GM in to build in the summer (Unless things take a horrific turn for the worse)

TBF it wouldn't surprise me either.

Act in haste MM and repent in leisure, is my view. Yet more short termism.

Quite ironic how this appears on the same day there is a thread about Colin.

Mr Mcabe acted in haste and now he isn't acting at all.

I agree.

But you know how I feel about the situation 'Reading' so obviously I am leaning more towards this being a good decision. That is if I am right in saying that there is a divide (Megson and the players) within the camp. MM must be looking at this, if true, and thinking that Megson has to work with at least 50% of the squad next year. If the 'problems' (?) are that bad that they would be difficult to eradicate then I feel Milan has to act. But as I have said before, this is only my interpretation of the situation, and I could well be way off the mark.

Guest BoomTownOwls

Let's just sack another manager.

Let another manager need yet more time to assess the playing squad.

Let another manager start assessing Summer transfer targets.

Let's just keep going round in cycles for another 15 years.

Just found this -----> http://www.people.co...02039-22935156/

Looks like Meggo wasn't first choice for MM.

For what it;s worth, looking at GM's history, he's not a know motivator, his thing is to clear out and build it right, I think MM know's that needs doing, so for that I think he'll keep GM in to build in the summer (Unless things take a horrific turn for the worse)

Not sure how Ince could've been asking for more money than Megson.

It must be on Milan's mind Fair enough he says he's committed to getting us back to the Premier and must have known he'd have to spend a bit to do it The idea was to get back to the Championship as quickly as possible and then bankroll a push from there Being stuck in this division for another season is already costing him a further 7 million and even if we do manage to avoid the unthinkable he has to be worrying about the managers approach All this talk of clearing out the players, and we must presume from Megson's inability to get any sort of response, that it will be the majority, sounds hideously expensive. We may have a situation where we may have to pay off the contracts of a dozen players or more. When you add on what it will cost Megson to rebuild the squad, you are looking a spend of over £10 million. Unheard of for a club at this level and Milan may now be thinking, he could pay Megson off, get someone in who could add a few to what we have and turn around the clubs fortunes, and all for a fraction of the price. It may be that is is purely an economic decision. Anyway, a win today and a nice little run until the end of the season, and none of this will be relevant. Setting off now to cheer on Megson and the lads. UTO

Unfortunately this makes good economic sense if MM wants to get his money back asap (considering his age that wouldn't surprise me), however it's not the best thing, long term for the club...but...as much as we whinge and moan, the club may be in our hearts but in the business world, MM owns the club and it's his to do what he likes with...Scary stuff.

Only thing that gives me any continence is the fact that GM (despite weeing people off) did build decent foundations at Bolton, and if MM want's his 7m back, he'll need someone like GM to build a sturdy club that can be sold off as a high flying NPC club, or fledgling BPL club.

Is that meant to be ironic?

You, symapthising with Big Guns about peoples posting etiquette?

You don't read many of his posts do you?

No, I am sorrry you took it personal, it wasn't meant to be, maybe you need to ask yourself the reason why you took it that way.

I was just expressing my opinion about this forum, in general. There are always people who get personal or mark you negatively just because you have an opinion which goes against someone else's (or the majority). This in my view is pathetic. Why shouldn't someone come on here and start a thread about what was said in the sun newspaper today. It is topical and despite its negativity it is something which should be discussed in a proper manner. TBF this thread is not too bad, but this type of behaviour (getting personal etc) happens all the time on this forum, and it is a massive bug-bear for me.

To be honest I don't get involved and this is why I am not that concerned with big-guns etiquette, it was a message in general, but it just so happened to be that big-guns started the thread.

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

Guest intercity0wl

if we lose today megson could be sacked i wasnt expecting that

Has anybody told Milan this, bet iys news to him.