what's the crack with flags

Guest EBRA

Guest intercity0wl

been away so don't know what all this fuss is about with flags .

You aint been anywhere near scotland have ya, if so maybe you can shed some light on the astmatic scottish fan who sadly died after breathing in smoke from a blazing flag, apparently the clubs Mr Rutherford heard, or thinks he heard this, and so flags even those that are on fire resistant material with a fire certificate are banned if the paint thats on them is not and does not have the same,

The flag that caused all the trouble was removed by the yellowcoats last Tuesday has been kept somewhere in Hillsborough ever since presumably n a room where the walls have a covering that is flame resistant,.

Mr Rutherford last i heard was going to try and phone his mate on the Scottish FA who may or may not be able to shed some light on where or when this so far elusive Scottish tragedy did or didn't happen, but there seems to be a problem with the telecom service between the two countries at the moment so confirmation has so far not been received.

I hope this answers your question, and although you may not beleive one word of it, because it sounds to put it mildly a little far fetched, i can assure you that according to sources involved in this, too daft to laugh at farce, this is in fact exactly what happened,

PS it ha also been rumoured that Ballons party ballons may be next on the cubs list of Fun novely items not allowed in to the ground, although what far flung soccer fan death will be used to justify this god only knows.,

Edited by intercity0wl

Guest intercity0wl

Check your replica shirts, people. Top of the tag, in large red lettering: "KEEP AWAY FROM FIRE".

Mr Rutherford: You know what to do...

Will be interesting ito see the reaction of the Yellowcoats if they received many complaints from supporters regarding clothing, and other items, lighters for example that are in breach of many of clubs OTT ground regulations ?.

I wonder how many of the scarves sold by the unofficial vendors around the ground are covered by restriction regarding fire regulation when they are produced.

Guest Big Guns

been away so don't know what all this fuss is about with flags .

its to create a better atmosphere weve all got to tek flags then set em on fire and wave em about should look good on the telly

Guest micos

My flag has got no paint on it made by barmy flags at a cost of around £100 and thats not good enuff either got to have kite mark and fire cetificate oh the joys eh

Guest intercity0wl

My flag has got no paint on it made by barmy flags at a cost of around £100 and thats not good enuff either got to have kite mark and fire cetificate oh the joys eh

This side being garbage i can cope with (just) as they are my team, always will be, and watching rubbish is part of being a Wednesday fan, but the actual club and their policies are the one thing that would make me walk away from the club as a casual supporter.

For god sake there is no atmosphere in the place, instead of finding as many ways as possible to make things worse, why not try actually finding ways of making things better, i was going to say i bet you would get more job satisfaction, but on second thoughts maybe not.

This side being garbage i can cope with (just) as they are my team, always will be, and watching rubbish is part of being a Wednesday fan, but the actual club and their policies are the one thing that would make me walk away from the club as a casual supporter.

For god sake there is no atmosphere in the place, instead of finding as many ways as possible to make things worse, why not try actually finding ways of making things better, i was going to say i bet you would get more job satisfaction, but on second thoughts maybe not.

so i have wasted £250 on my flag even though mr rutherford was issued with a fire cert .

Guest Buxtonian

Anyone know of any other FL clubs who have gone for this ruling? Seems to me a typical SW way of going OTT, and the sort of rubbish we haveto put up with.

Travelling North along Penistone Road to get to the Wednesdayite carpark, one has these days to pass a solid wall, 2 sometimes 3 deep of Stewards, Security ,Traffic Police (who incidentally do nothing but watch the traffic pass). I'm beginning to think that it's Wednesday's way of filling the ground in the absence of fans. I get the impression that the fan to steward ratio is something like 1 to 2

Anyone know of any other FL clubs who have gone for this ruling? Seems to me a typical SW way of going OTT, and the sort of rubbish we haveto put up with.

Travelling North along Penistone Road to get to the Wednesdayite carpark, one has these days to pass a solid wall, 2 sometimes 3 deep of Stewards, Security ,Traffic Police (who incidentally do nothing but watch the traffic pass). I'm beginning to think that it's Wednesday's way of filling the ground in the absence of fans. I get the impression that the fan to steward ratio is something like 1 to 2

I mentioned this to my mate the other night the number of stewards both inside and outside the ground seems to have increased this season even though the number of fans they are stewarding has fallen. This could be an illusion but there do appear to be masses of Yellow Coats every where you look.

I love the game, for instance last Tuesday, when the opposition only bring a handful of supporters - but there are just as many (if not more) stewards surrounding them and the "safe zone" at that end of the South Stand. Could be a dictionary definition of overkill.