KEEGAN'S THE MAN

Well i've defended Megson to mates but after last night he's got to go as what exactly were our tactics?

He's had 2months to work on systems of play even if its basics lump it in corner and play from there but we dont have any aystem at all we dont either

A) Try to play controlled football and create chances by opening up the defence

B) Play 2 targetmen and get it in to feet quick with a Attacking Midfielder breaking of the forwards or

C) Percentage game were when full backs get ball it hits the corner with strikers instantly making the runs to the corner and we play from there.

He has to go 2months is plenty of time to work on systems if we stuck with a core of players and stopped fcuking changing them every game & that is all down to Megson nobody else but Megson.

MEGSON OUT.

Yep FG we did but perhaps we did'nt clear enough out mate

I guess it depends on your point of view Trev, either we keep replacing players that need clearing out with players that need clearing out and thus making us the unluckiest team in the football league, or we're constantly being led by managers who haven't a clue. I know where I stand on this, I've expressed it enough last night / this morning!

Guest intercity0wl

KEEGAN !!!

lol

And then people wonder why there is so much unrest and rumour surrounding the club when supposedly intelligent F**kwits like you keep bringing garbage like this to the table, stick to taking pretty pictures.

I guess it depends on your point of view Trev, either we keep replacing players that need clearing out with players that need clearing out and thus making us the unluckiest team in the football league, or we're constantly being led by managers who haven't a clue. I know where I stand on this, I've expressed it enough last night / this morning!

Fair comment FG ,But there is something very wrong on the playing side,I was just thinking out loud so to speak, I do agree with the manager situation, But i am also wary, Whoever took up the challenge would they get the same response,from the idiots who it seems want to do fa to keep us up ,

Guest bartos

Yep FG we did but perhaps we did'nt clear enough out mate

They were cleared out n recruited under restraints again.

Do you think the fans are doing a good job in tying to motivate the team?

This is a two way thing and the fans have given much more than the players in recent years. Enough is enough. It is time for the players to man up and start delivering THEN the fans will respond in kind. Why should it always be up to us to motivate them - why not the other way round for once ffs. :angry:

I understand the provocative nature of the first post - but the truth is that fans are either gonna have to wait with patience for a long time for the slow-n-steady approach to work under a manager like Megson - or we need a pied-piper who has proven to have been effective everywhere club he's been at and inproved them hugely and instantly

this.

this.

Just a thought. We have been playing in the same "style" since the departure of Laws. He did at least manage to motivate the

players for the bigger games earlier in his tenure and Spurr Beevers Potter O'Connor JJ and Buxton were part of a side that

finished in the top half of the championship. Unfortunately after motivation he didn't really have a plan B.

Since his departure we have played variations of hoofball for 90% of the time.

Most of us thought Irvine had signed players more than capable of holding thier own in this division.

I think the sole reason they are not is they are being told to play cr@p un attractive football and have been for the last

12 months and they dont believe in it hate it as much as we do.

Laws punched above his weight with little or no money by playing football, we need to appoint somebody who

will play football or get shut of the personnel we have because they cant play in this system.

Just a thought. We have been playing in the same "style" since the departure of Laws. He did at least manage to motivate the

players for the bigger games earlier in his tenure and Spurr Beevers Potter O'Connor JJ and Buxton were part of a side that

finished in the top half of the championship. Unfortunately after motivation he didn't really have a plan B.

Since his departure we have played variations of hoofball for 90% of the time.

Most of us thought Irvine had signed players more than capable of holding thier own in this division.

I think the sole reason they are not is they are being told to play cr@p un attractive football and have been for the last

12 months and they dont believe in it hate it as much as we do.

Laws punched above his weight with little or no money by playing football, we need to appoint somebody who

will play football or get shut of the personnel we have because they cant play in this system.

The same Laws people on here were crying to get rid of?

The same style of football that was branded niaive and foolish, because it left us open at the back?

The same players who were lauded by majority as good signings at this level?

People last season clamoured for Buxton to go. People offered to drive Tudders and Purse to new homes. People also bayed for Irvines blood.

change isnt always the answer. the one thing we havent tried is stability. what Scram says is right - we either bite the bullet and get in it for the long haul, slow climb back to where we need to be under Megson, or we gamble and go for the big name with the ability to transform players seemingly overnight.

Personally, i havent got a flipping clue what we should be doing.

Guest Big Guns

The same Laws people on here were crying to get rid of?

The same style of football that was branded niaive and foolish, because it left us open at the back?

The same players who were lauded by majority as good signings at this level?

People last season clamoured for Buxton to go. People offered to drive Tudders and Purse to new homes. People also bayed for Irvines blood.

change isnt always the answer. the one thing we havent tried is stability. what Scram says is right - we either bite the bullet and get in it for the long haul, slow climb back to where we need to be under Megson, or we gamble and go for the big name with the ability to transform players seemingly overnight.

Personally, i havent got a flipping clue what we should be doing.

me neither im well confused ,but we all no megsons going to get the chance to rebuild the squad in the summer ,so lets all calm down and see wot he does next year ,cos he aint getting the bullet.

Guest Johnbloodaxe

GET KEEGAN IN ....

Give him 5-10% of club on condition of promotion to Prem.

HE'D LOVE IT...... he could attract players no one else could, would attract the press and get us the media coverage which would result in bigger crowds....

We wold be back in prem in no time...

contrary to many peoples belief he is NOT a quitter, doesn't spend lots of dosh and has LOTS of success in getting teams back from the doldrums to the highs of the prem...

BRING HIM ON...

Sorry Meggo....hero to zero... to mis-quote that wonderful Radio Station ...

This squad needs their confidence boosting and the motivation of someone like Keegs, obviously too timid and meek to react well to the hairdryer treatment....good man management means recognising where to use that , where not and who needs an arm around the shoulder and to be told how wonderful they are...no lambasting from here to hell...

Ask Roy Keenes ex players... his style doesn't work most of the time...

In contrast Sir Alex foookin Ferguson understands when to use it, when not to, and when to give up and get rid...

Sorry Milan drastic action please, right manager wrong time, time for a change already before we get any lower...

I have NEVER been in favour of sacking managers but this simply isn't working for some reason...