Potential Signings

Guest Sheff Owl

As long as we don't start going for the players 'that were good 5 years ago'.

We need players that are hungry and want to learn and progress.

We need pace, creativity.

And we need players that are strong...for too long now we have been bullied and pushed about, we have been easy to knock of the ball and gutless in the tackles.

First place to look would be what other managers does Megson have good relationships with?

Remember his last job was in the PL so if he is matey with a few, we could look at the possibility of some squad youngsters on loan.

We really should only be looking at loans with a view to permanent signings. Maybe take PL youngsters who aren't quite making it at that level yet but we need to have our own team. Not a team of loanees who will disappear when we've given them match practice.

I think the players in the OP are the kind of players we'd be linked with when we were skint.

With a bit of cash to spend and a fledgling scouting network we should hopefully identify the spine of a team with a bit of creativity out wide and a pacy striker to complement Madine and Heffernan.

Was highly rated when he first joined Burnley, physically imposing and comfortable on the ball. Not sure what went wrong there other than him going for a Beer after being left out the squad!

Guy scored brace past Arsenal, and looked every bit as good as any Arsenal player on the day.

I know his record don't speak of it, but this guy can be regular goal getter from midfield, as well central figure in our "creative department".

this would be my dream signing for next season and club captain

Megson gets on fantastic with this player

this player is coming to the end and knows the area

this player would take the wee wee in league 1 and the CCC for a couple of seasons

this player is just the type we need as club captain

we have the money through MM to temp him

can we sell it to him as a project to end his career with?

he could be a SWFC hero if he signs

as crazy as it is we would be the biggest club he has played for

meggo ring Kevin Davies from Bolton and get him here next season on a cracking contract with an exciting vision

i know this will get laughed at but to me its possible and just what we need in the club

Can you imagine what he would do in this league next season,

Can you imagine what a lift he would bring

Can you imagine how players like Madine would come on

quality players would follow if we sign someone like Davies