Wife wants to go shopping tomorrow

The wife wants to go shopping with her sister tomorrow, which means she'll be able to drive to Sheffield and me and the lad can have a few pre-match beers. We'll get the tram from town and just need to find a decent pub or two. Last time I had a chauffeur we went in the Travellers, so I fancy a new experience. Normally I drive up, park, watch the game and drive home, so my knowledge of local pubs is pants.

Any ideas?

The wife wants to go shopping with her sister tomorrow, which means she'll be able to drive to Sheffield and me and the lad can have a few pre-match beers. We'll get the tram from town and just need to find a decent pub or two. Last time I had a chauffeur we went in the Travellers, so I fancy a new experience. Normally I drive up, park, watch the game and drive home, so my knowledge of local pubs is pants.

Any ideas?

She might be best avoiding Town tomorrow and going to meadowhall instead.

Thanks guys - but other than the Crown, you've not said where they are!!

What's happening in town, although I'm sure they'll go to Meadowhall - seem to be able to spend quicker there........

There are demonstrations planned for the centre tomorrow mate. Apparently public transport is affected too.

As for the pub, go to the New Barrack Tavern which is just after McD's (having already passed the dog track).

Guest intercity0wl

Thanks guys - but other than the Crown, you've not said where they are!!

What's happening in town, although I'm sure they'll go to Meadowhall - seem to be able to spend quicker there........

Clegg and his Tory lapdogs are in Town and there are few people who want to give em the welcome he/ they deserve

Edited by intercity0wl

There are demonstrations planned for the centre tomorrow mate. Apparently public transport is affected too.

As for the pub, go to the New Barrack Tavern which is just after McD's (having already passed the dog track).

Thanks Sam, may be best to get her to pick him up in town then drop us off in Hillsborough on the way to Meadowhall and give the tram a miss.

Really looking forward to it

Thanks Sam, may be best to get her to pick him up in town then drop us off in Hillsborough on the way to Meadowhall and give the tram a miss.

Really looking forward to it

Probably the best idea mate. I'd have offered you a lift from Keyworth but I'm seeing my parents pre and post match.

If you're driving up Penistone Road from town then the New Barrack Tavern will be on your left. You're a gay lager man though aren't you?

New Barrack Tavern.

I'll be there keeping it real.

Me too, as always. Although later and not for as long as usual.

Probably the best idea mate. I'd have offered you a lift from Keyworth but I'm seeing my parents pre and post match.

If you're driving up Penistone Road from town then the New Barrack Tavern will be on your left. You're a gay lager man though aren't you?

Me too, as always. Although later and not for as long as usual.

All the top lads go in the NBT but most of them never say hello.....FYI ask Steph or Kev :biggrin: