OWLSTALK CAMPAIGN FOR HEFFERNAN

what a messed up point of view

megson "whos tried the least?"

"ah,heffernan,your putting in the least,and your eyes look all druggied up,your in son"

Ye because clearly thats what I said.

Lets play Darren "Mr Invisible" Potter because he tries hard in training.

Everyone deserves a chance and Heffernan hasn't been given anything like a fair crack.

Busting your balls in training and looking like immaculate 24/7 isn't the be all and end all. And doesn't mean your a good footballer.

Yet clearly you think it is.

I'm surprised Rooneys got as far as he has with his face if we're going on looks aswell...

What part of 4-5-1 dont you get ?

Constructive post there chief. Do you have anything to add to the debate?

4-4-2 after Madine arrived and before Megson changed the system, both Mellor and Morrison were given a chance to partner him.

I was getting at the point that 4-5-1 doesn't work at home. Or didn't you go on Saturday?

Guest Buxtonian

Forget the numbers game - 4,4,3- 4-5-1, whatever. We need a partner for Madine, and despite current thinking, he does not need to be 'fleet of foot' or fast, as we say, but what he does need is the ability to be in the right place at the right time. In other words, not necessarily fleet of foot, but fast-thinking and with an ability to anticipate the moves, read the game, know where to be at the right time. I believe that, from what little we have seen of him, Heff displays these qualities. He can be found in the front line of defence as often as in the penalty area, when needed. I for one would like to see him given an extended run to see what he is made of. If he doesn't make the grade, get rid. But at least let's see what he's made of. He can't be any worse than what we are playing at the moment.

I kind of wish Megson would give Heff a few games just so people can see that he's really not that great. If the comments about him not giving 100% in training are true then he has only himself to blame. After all Megson has just come in and all players were given a clean slate. Surely this is exactly the time to bust your balls in training and show how hungry you are for a place in the team.

I was at the players entrance on Saturday, I like to watch coach arrive and get a close up of the opposition, during this time a lot of the Wednesday players arrive smartly dressed in their dark suits, signing autographs etc, the usual stuff, along comes Heffernan, at first I thought it was a tramp, no tie, unshaved, creased suit.

He obviously doesnt take a pride in his appearance so just wondering if he is the same with his training and attitude ?........obviously he has been seriously overlooked for some reason by Irvine and Megson.

it isn't for footballing reasons, and that's the only one that should count...when he's had the very limited opportunity's he's had, he's showed movement (better than all the others), control (at least as good as the others), and still has the remnants of a turn of speed...if megson is not picking him for his attitude and effort in training, he needs to have a word with him, and not ignore him...playing 4-5-1 there will be times when we're behind, and we have a need for more impact up front, and hefernan should be given the chance...

This reminds me of esajas under laws and Irvine, looked good in the little glimpses we saw of him but for some reason both managers wouldn't give him a look in.

In the end it turned out it was because he was crap.

except for the fact that heffernan has done it times many at this level, and above...esajas...had no pedigree...

Guest intercity0wl

This reminds me of esajas under laws and Irvine, looked good in the little glimpses we saw of him but for some reason both managers wouldn't give him a look in.

In the end it turned out it was because he was crap.

I was getting worried where your post was going, but no worries you got the reason spot on.

If Heffernan was the footballing God that everyone seems to rave about, he wouldn't have been overlooked by two managers and made a free agent by Donny.

Get over it.

I WILL NOT GET OVER IT YOUNG MAN!!!!

HE'S MY GOD ........... THE HEFF GOD ........ AND HE NEEDS FEEDING.

Guest jake benson

I WILL NOT GET OVER IT YOUNG MAN!!!!

HE'S MY GOD ........... THE HEFF GOD ........ AND HE NEEDS FEEDING.

He obviously isn't good enough

If the mans no good ,Why the feck bring him in then Why not bring a cb in instead, atitude promble maybe,

so what ,if the man finds the net who care's,apart from Madine ,who else is pulling up trees,

give the guy a chance,he could suprise us ,

Or if the oposite happens at least we will know the reason why the man doese'nt get played

I WANT HIM IN THE SIDE WITH MADINE.

He should have been in months ago. Get him in Megson use your common sense.

No good playing the two tried and unsuccessful terrible two.

FEED THE HEFF and he will ........... Bring fans back through the turnstiles.

must be something going on in the background

Heffernan is a deadly striker and given the chances will score. he can even create goals himself

he needs a chance... giving him 10 minutes isn't a chance

jeez, Morrison and Mellor aren't exactly pulling up tree's so give the Heff a chance ffs

On the flipside of all this clamouring for his inclusion.... is it not a tad disconcerting that two managers have now completely overlooked him ?

It must be something about him as a person, or he must fail to do it in training.

He can't be overlooked this much if he busts a gut and impresses daily in training..... or maybe his face just does not fit....