Sign in to follow this  
Bearwood Owl1

Interview with Megson

But what does it tell us we didn't already know

• Disagree 1

But what does it tell us we didn't already know

Well, I think it confirms that MM & Megson have taken on much more than they originally imagined. I only suspected as much.

"It is a huge club, in its name and its supporters. It is a million miles from where it needs to be. We don't even have a scouting network. Milan is getting his head around the fact that it is a much bigger project than he thought. But as a manager you have that bit of arrogance, that belief that if you do the things that worked for you in the past you might be able to turn a club round."

Edited by ReadingOwl

I can't wait for Megson to have the tools for the job.

His passion must be transferred over to the players. For too long we have had players without this.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Well, I think it confirms that MM & Megson have taken on much more than they originally imagined. I only suspected as much.

"It is a huge club, in its name and its supporters. It is a million miles from where it needs to be. We don't even have a scouting network. Milan is getting his head around the fact that it is a much bigger project than he thought. But as a manager you have that bit of arrogance, that belief that if you do the things that worked for you in the past you might be able to turn a club round."

A mighty task IMHO.

His passion must be transferred over to the players. For too long we have had players without this.

Megson has a massive point to prove.

MM trusts him to do it at Wednesday.

Neither of them are here to "throw it off" unlike some of the poo at all levels of the club.

A struggling business encourages a bit of a "comfort factor" in some.

Survival was the name of the game and the club was run on this basis.

It is easy to forget that the pre-season signings were purchased as a desperate gamble to get back up first time round and survive as a club.

There has been a massive psychological shift since the rescue and it was suggested that financial insecurity was all that was holding the team back.

If anything it has gone in the opposite direction.

Who knows where we would be now if MM hadn't come along and we were relying on this spineless crew to dig us out after a points deduction.

I can't help but feel that some of our squad came here and have stayed here for the wrong reasons.

They have been asked to show that they want to or can play for Wednesday. Some of them don't or can't.

I think it will get sorted but it doesn't stop me feeling rumbleing pissed off by everything.

Good Luck MM and GM.

• Agree 2

I agree they both underestimated the size of the job. I also think that had MM known the size of the task, he may not have appointed Megson. That however is pure conjecture, hell he might not even have bought the club in the first place, and Megson is the man in the job. Contrary to opinion on here, I do think Megson can get it right, his ways and methods though may take longer and I guess we are again looking at another 5 year plan. As unappealing as that sounds to me, it is probably what it will take to get us challenging for promotion to the top flight I would question though, whether Milan at this stage of his life, will be prepared to wait that long. We shall see.

he has a higher wae bill

a more heavilty invested in team,than anyone else in this league

so in what way do he need new tools?

stop making excuses

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

he has a higher wae bill

a more heavilty invested in team,than anyone else in this league

so in what way do he need new tools?

stop making excuses

'Sir Irvine' left him with a team with no fight or spirit - bringing in players that have done nothing to help the club. We now see why most of them were not wanted by their previous employees.

He has a high wage bill, but some of the players are a shambles. High wages doesn't mean the players are good.

I can't believe I'm replying to you to be honest, you don't deserve the attention.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

'Sir Irvine' left him with a team with no fight or spirit - bringing in players that have done nothing to help the club. We now see why most of them were not wanted by their previous employees.

He has a high wage bill, but some of the players are a shambles. High wages doesn't mean the players are good.

I can't believe I'm replying to you to be honest, you don't deserve the attention.

gfight or spirit?

what do you expect when you sack the popular manager,and replace his with a guy that slaggs off the players in the press?

players dont have default figt or spirit settings,,its a bizare comment

irvine didnt have anyfunds,so he had to make do with the best frees on paper

simple as,,thats why i was happy for us to have a year to rebuild

cos after the mess laws left,it was claer a massive change in ethos was needed

so sacking irvine has damaged the rebuilding process,

deal with it kid

now its megsons team,

he has a great sqaud compared to other sqaud in the league

al h has to do is,organise themand motivate them

"fight and spirit if u will"

but we are getting worse rather tan better

bt its rivnes fualt when megson picks the team?

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1