Jones

Teale

Palmer, Coke

Osbourne

Johnson

Madine

Morrison

And maybe Reynolds.

That's basically the whole squad bar batman and robin, cement legs and tommy. I think we need a far bigger clearout than that, I'd happily see 90% leave and let's start again.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

That's basically the whole squad bar batman and robin, cement legs and tommy. I think we need a far bigger clearout than that, I'd happily see 90% leave and let's start again.

flip sake, those that want a massive clear-out.

Part of the problem this season has been the new faces coming in having not played together before.

Sure we need to clear some dead-wood, dismantling the whole squad is not the way forward.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

oh dear,

everyone wants to press the reset button again

in truth what megson needs to do(he will know this)

is keep the players that worked,,and bring in a few new ones to repace some that didnt

many of the irvne singings ave been great,,,,coke,madine,r,johnson.teale,,mellor to name but a few

obviulsy now,we have real funds to spend its a great time keep investing in the team

isnt it ironic that the great signings of your king irvine are the same players that got that fantastic manager the sack ,wot went wrong leftfookinear, odear.

Edited by big guns
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Its unlikely we will have a big clear out as most are under contract. Would a total rebuild be good even if it were possible? The way I see this panning out is, bring in half a dozen players in the summer and complete the re building job the following summer, with hopefully promotion the following year. Its not an appetising thought having to spend three years in this division but thats the magnitude of the task

• Agree 1

Keep big Gary, the rest can go for a rumbleing blindfolded walk on some train tracks while trying to avoid poisonous spiders, snakes and flying daggers.

• Disagree 1

My Keep list (9):

Weaver (for one more season but would replace him with likes of Joe Lewis if had chance)

Buxton (Best centre back left at the club, would also be good in Osbournes holding midfield position)

Danny Jones (in front of a decent left back only)

Coke (has showed he can perform at this level)

Miller (For one last season)

Clinton Morrison (For the dressing room spirit)

Madine (Best forward at the club)

Palmer (with guidance)

Jameson (make or break)

Thats nine players including two keepers!

Uncertain about (7):

JJ (Impact sub)

Mellor (havent seen him utilised well under Meggo)

Heff (who?)

Osbourne (wait and see)

Beevers (the nearly man)

Teale (inconsistent)

Hinds (heart but not the skill. Backup?)

Deffo get rid (8):

Potter

O'Connor

Otsemabor

Spurr

Sedgewick

R*da Johnson

Michael Morrison

Reynolds

For me the biggest danger is keeping R*da Johnson. The fact that he is massively inconsistent, occasionally brilliant but often apalling means there is always a danger he will be chanced. The guy is an absolute liability because of his inconsistent performances.

We NEED to rebuild our defence from scratch. Meggo needs to get his own players in, players who are still wanted by clubs with decent defences.

We NEED to rebuild our midfield especially a ball winner and a creative type in the centre. We desperately need a good winger with JJ's pace but without his injury record and inconsistency.

We NEED a partner for Madine, perhaps it could be Heff but imagine a Mickail-Smith or someone like davies from Chessie alongside the big guy.

ok yesterday was just the end of any hope for this season and the final nail in the coffin for this bunch of players. This season has been an embarrassment and even my 6 year old son is getting so much stick at school for supporting wednesday at the moment!!

Honestly who is fit to play for our great club next season out of this current disasterous squad.

My opinion :-

Weaver

Spurr

Buxton

Coke

Palmer

Miller

J.Johnson

Mellor

Madine

All the rest can flip off, i'm sick to death of watching them and dragging our great club through all this misery every week. Even the new players with years on there contracts can flip off, come on Milan just pay them off and lets get some proper players in.

Dont stop believing for this year yet!

39 points still to play for!

HMS wee wee this League has had its refit and is ready to weigh anchor!

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

5-1 at exeter

4-0 at orient

5-3 at peterborough

2-4 at home to plymouth

0-3 at tranmere

cant beat the likes of oldham, yeovil at home

15 points off the play offs in early march!!!!

Lets get real here, its truly shocking.....its time for major changes in the playing squad, we are a bottom half league 1 team FACT.

THE RADIATOR, Micheal morrison, Chris Sedgewick, Gary teale, Darren potter, JOC, and maybe a few others are seriously poo and have got to go. They have had more than enough chances and its getting worse and worse

flip sake, those that want a massive clear-out.

Part of the problem this season has been the new faces coming in having not played together before.

Sure we need to clear some dead-wood, dismantling the whole squad is not the way forward.

That's why you play pre season friendlies. You bring a new squad of players together, and then play seven or eight games in pre season, so that the players can get to know one another. If after seven or eight games together they can't form some kind of understanding, there's summat up.

Of the fourteen who played on Saturday I'd give Madine and Palmer the opportunity to further their career in the first team next season. I think I'd keep Beevers, and try to bring in a tough, seasoned professional to play alongside him, and beg Osbourne to sign for us, but he's far too good for this league, so I wouldn't imagine we'd have much success there.

I'd get rid of the rest without exception.

Spurr is atrocious, Sedgewick just hasn't got the pace, Miller is hopeless, R Johnson is definitely a liability. Hinds is steady, but only steady, Teale like Michael Gray before him, flatters to deceive. He's actually very poor. You need ESP to know what JJ is going to do next, because the way he plays, I don't think even he knows, and he must be an absolute nightmare to play alongside. Coke did well in the second half, but for the next three or four games, will just disappear, because that's what he does. Clinton is absolutely rubbish, he simply backs into defenders, grabs their shirts, pulls them into him, with one hand, waves his other arm about like an idiot, then complains to the referee that he's been fouled, when in fact it's him who's doing the fouling. If he concentrated as much on the ball as he does on trying to win free kicks, he might be half way decent. Weaver is just another ageing third division keeper, who gets beat very easily from distance, too many times for them to be "the odd error".

Yeah like any of thats gonna happen

Yeah like any of thats gonna happen

Aaaaw sorry. There was me, thinking that the idea of forums like this was for people to express their opinions.

Get rid of all the 'out of contract' players, unless Lewis Buxton falls under this category. Then he needs a new contract.

Need a completely new look side next year, if we get rid of the likes of Hinds, Weaver, JOC, Potter then it gives us some much needed squad space.

Also if Megson can possibly loan a few youngsters out for a season then that would give us some room to loan in some young Premiership players.

Oh and please terminate these players contracts-

Sedgwick

C.Morrison

Teale

If he's not going to play- Heffernan

Spurr

Luckily a lot of the trash is out of contract this summer, IE, Miller, Potter JOC, Hinds ect.

oh dear,

everyone wants to press the reset button again

in truth what megson needs to do(he will know this)

is keep the players that worked,,and bring in a few new ones to repace some that didnt

many of the irvne singings ave been great,,,,coke,madine,r,johnson.teale,,mellor to name but a few

obviulsy now,we have real funds to spend its a great time keep investing in the team

When exactly was that then? :biggrin: