Richard Hawley - Owl

Guest beatleowl

Always liked the man even more so now! I remember pooing myself when Jon McClure mentioned united in rev and the makers first album but it was more derogatory than owt. All the best Sheffield musicians are owls. The monkeys got shut of the only pig sharpish ;)

Always liked the man even more so now! I remember pooing myself when Jon McClure mentioned united in rev and the makers first album but it was more derogatory than owt. All the best Sheffield musicians are owls. The monkeys got shut of the only pig sharpish ;)

are you saying the AM are owls? :Dark rolleyes:

Guest AnotherOwl

He's an amazing musician and song writer. World class. I am so proud he is from Sheffield.

I presume that interview was done before Megson arrived though, because now, I can imagine Wednesday winning something again!

Fagan's is a great pub too!

Hugely under rated by the general public, I hope Richard stays a bit of a Sheffield secret. His albums are named after places here, Lowedges, Lady's bridge, Coles Corner, Trueloves Gutter. he's also produced the Tony Christie album, Made in Sheffield. I wish there was a RH song for Wednesday to come out to but most are slowish and reflective perceptive jewels about life and love. Several of the titles are apposite though :"Our Darkness", "Born under a bad sign" "The light at the end of the tunnel (was a train coming the other way)" "Love of my life" "Ashes on the fire" . All these remind me in some way of Wednesday. I've often stood under the South stand watching the river with Roll, River, Roll going through my mind.

Richard likes playing concerts in unusual and evocative locations, I'm sure, if asked, he'd play at Hillsborough.

If you haven't listened to Richards music, you don't know what you're missing. Best listened to on your own in the dark with a pint of real ale, I find.

You are so proud he is from Sheffield and he himself is so proud he is from Sheffield. He may be underrated by the public at large but he commands the utmost respect from his peers. Also you'd be surprised where you here his music, I hear his albums playing in bars both here in Oxford and also in Spain

You are so proud he is from Sheffield and he himself is so proud he is from Sheffield. He may be underrated by the public at large but he commands the utmost respect from his peers. Also you'd be surprised where you here his music, I hear his albums playing in bars both here in Oxford and also in Spain

Same here.

The Spanish like his tunes.