Message from a Birmingham fan

A message from a Birmingham fan, emailed to our club today:

"As a Birmingham City season ticket holder for many years, may I express my sincere thanks and admiration for the way your 4,000 plus fans who attended the cup tie last Saturday at St Andrews behaved. They really were a credit to the game, and at a time when only bad news regarding supporters seems to make the news, shows that there is still a majority of fans who are as 'good as gold'

Even though the match was not going their way, they were still singing and enjoying themselves up to, and after the final whistle.

Thanks you 'Owls' for coming to Birmingham. Thanks for your very vocal support for your team. And hopefully, please come again one day (when you get promoted - not us relegated of course!"

its a real shame that our team doesn't match our support, but saying that i think we will be back where we belong sooner rather than later.

UTO

its a real shame that our team doesn't match our support, but saying that i think we will be back where we belong sooner rather than later.

UTO

Sorry for being a dampner on this but we are where we belong at the moment. Agree though, our support is magnificent at times.

I've lived in and around Birmingham for 18 years. It is in many ways a poo poo hole - St Andrews probably about the worst of the lot. There are some good bit as well though! The only comeback I had to my Birmingham City in-laws was the quality of our support. They clearly recognised it and were slighlty embarrased by the low turn out of Brummies.