Best Ever Away Trips

Guest dn12owl

West Brom - 2 goals in last 2 mins.

snap, that was 90 91 promotion season T F came off bench and scored on 90 mins an injury time to win 2 1 can just remember packed away corner singin atkinsons barmy army for most of 2nd half! quality.

Can't remember whether it was Middlesbrough or Liverpool 1 & 2.

When they put up microphones in front of us, to record the singing and the atmosphere (i think it was used in the steel city derby video).

Definitely Liverpool, 92 or 93? when we lost, "we'll be back, we'll be back, we'll be back, back, back".

Liverpool 94 when we won "we said we'd be back, and we are, and we are"

Burnley, incredible.

Guest dn12owl

The best I have ever seen us play.

Remember coming out laughing at the Blackburn fans after as they waved imaginary cheque books at us.

Fun and games in Darwen afte

was that the league cup semi in 93 when warhurst was on fire and there was that guy in the stand on crutches going nuts wavin them in air??,

think blackburn were redeveloping ground at time, they just took the roof off the stand we were in ??

Guest on the band wagon

there have been some highlights amongst a fe lot more low lights have to agree with others

1984 liverpool 2-0 - unbelievaable

Vs Leicester won 3-1. That game had everything. Highs and Lows plus was sat with the leicester fans so had to keep quiet

Vs Bristol City 1-1. Beach party in the warm up Potter hit me in the face with a shot thank god he was a bit more accurate with the last minute free kick, nothing riding on the game but the hour before kick off was amazing with all the inflateables flying around great end to the match

Vs Cardiff lost 3-2. So much support even though we were on the verge of going down Knew we would go down after this but the train journey home was brilliant thabks to a group of owls who sang various songs not all football related good humoured and never got out of hand

lost 2-1 to Hull friday night sky game Took my son to his first away game not a great game but another convert to the owls away barmy army

2-1 win v man city 83/84 convinced me3 we would be going up

the liverpool win stands out given who they were at the time

Guest Triplej2

cardiff city 2-0 away win 1983-84 season at ninian park.couple of thousand of us came on to the pitch including myself to celebrate the end of 15 years of hurt ( 1969-84 ).

I was there. Do you remember Howard Wilkinson coming to talk to us to calm us down a bit?

best away Everton and the Di Canio goals.

Best home prob too many to mention but 2 stand out, Chelsea semi final and when Nigel Jemson came on as sub against Man Utd and scored 2 to make 3-2 quality game.

Best for me was late 60s FA cup replay against Leeds at Elland Rd, won 3 - 1 with 2 goals from the late Brian Woodall,

after that Chelsea 2 -0 Semi first leg,

first 2 Arsenal replays at Leicester,

4 -1 at Blackburn in cup,

and any win at Man Utd, Liverpool, Barnsley and the Lane.

2003/04 pre season friendly against Doncaster Rovers at Belle Vue won 2-0 but the amount of Wednesday fans there compared to Donny fans just for a friendly was mental.

Doncaster Rovers 0-4 Sheffield Wednesday (MacLean 9, Jones 22, MacLean 59, MacLean 76)

Possession: 46-54

Shots on target: 5-4

Shots off target: 7-5

Corners: 4-4

Fouls: 10-25

Most fouls: Ravenhill (3) MacLean (4)

Yellow cards: 3-3

Red cards: 0-0

Lucas, Bullen, Lee, Wood, Heckingbottom, Hamshaw (Brunt 73), O'Brien, Whelan, MacLean (N'Dumbu N'Sungu 87), Jones (Peacock 70).

Subs not used: Greenwood, Poulter.

Got to ground packed to rafters, had to get a ticket in the Donny end, Wednesday fans allover ground, everytime we scored Donny fans trying to look where cheering was coming from :biggrin:

Can remember being at College in Doncaster and all my mates saying were gonna stuff you and me telling them it was gonna be 4-0 even had one a bet for £20. :biggrin:

Spurs away in the 1992-93 season. Saturday 16th January 1993.

We won 2-0. It was extra special as it was my first ever Wednesday game.

Bright got the first and Hirst got one late on that was a goal of the month contender on Match of the Day.

I went the following season when we won 3-1 (Bright got 2 and Simon Coleman got 1).

all the away days of the early 90s when we used to get picked up from the ball at ecco on croftys coach ,used to get that pissed theyve all merged into one drunken memory happy flippingdays

THIS

Guest Ningbo Owl

Tuesday Jan 1st Man Ure 1 Owls 2 [Varadi got both]

Me and the m8s couldn't get tickets for the away end so we sat on the Stretford End.

Happy Days, almost brings a tear to my eye.

We too were on the Stretford End that day, didn't dare to say too much, would have gotten us killed!

Celebrated like crazy back in the safety of our car!

does anyone remember the Man city game at maine road in the 1983/84 season where we won 2-1 with goals from G Bannister and I Varadi and we brought about 10/11,000 fans?

Yep, mentioned it earlier

And thinking we'd won the league after it was announced Chelsea had lost at Grimsby. Sadly they hadn't and we finished second - after being 5 points clear with 3 games to go.

Brilliant day tho altho was Bannisters last game so sad too.

For me, one that sticks in my mind was beating Man City 2-1 at Maine Road in 1983 when Varadi somehow chipped their massive keeper. Other fantastic days/ games - winning 3-1 at Newcastle in 89 (I think?), 3-1 at Spurs in the early 90's, and Chelsea in the cup semi in 91.

Edited by senwar