Best Ever Away Trips

cardiff city 2-0 away win 1983-84 season at ninian park.couple of thousand of us came on to the pitch including myself to celebrate the end of 15 years of hurt ( 1969-84 ).

And thinking we'd won the league after it was announced Chelsea had lost at Grimsby. Sadly they hadn't and we finished second - after being 5 points clear with 3 games to go.

Brilliant day tho altho was Bannisters last game so sad too.

For me, one that sticks in my mind was beating Man City 2-1 at Maine Road in 1983 when Varadi somehow chipped their massive keeper. Other fantastic days/ games - winning 3-1 at Newcastle in 89 (I think?), 3-1 at Spurs in the early 90's, and Chelsea in the cup semi in 91.

Been a few that have been amazing to name a few.

Everton away boxing day 94 Whittinghams debut winning 4-1

Anfield in 96, Blackburn in 99.

Got great memories of Ewood, Loftus Road, White Hart Lane, Griffin Park, Anfield, Goodison, Turf Moor, Upton Park, The Dell & even winning at Old Trafford when I was 7 in 1985 sat in with the Mancs with the Wednesdayites below!

UTO!

Swindon away 2003.

S26 OWLS flag up outside the Dolphin pub, breakfast cooked by Kingy and the march to the ground in 100 degree heat was something else.

My brother bought the photo print from The Star of the away end and he is stood arms aloft wearing the 1993 away shirt.

Classic beerness fun.

Awesome day.

We actually stopped at the Dolphin Friday and Saturday night. On the Friday, one of the lads got really wasted and stumbled into the big screen in the Dolphin, and Kingy gave him a right hook.

We played their football team on the Sunday as well (lost 3-1).

Marvellous weekend.

Tuesday Jan 1st Man Ure 1 Owls 2 [Varadi got both]

Me and the m8s couldn't get tickets for the away end so we sat on the Stretford End.

Happy Days, almost brings a tear to my eye.

Brilliant game, I also couldn't get tickets, but talked to a steward, and he let me walk around the pitch from the Stretford End to the Scoreboard End, got one or two spicy comments along the way.

You sure you 'sat' on the Stretford End. Although there were a few rows of seats at the very back of the old Stretford End, these were for hardened season ticket holders only. The rest was all standing.

Apart from the Play-Off Final at Cardiff, for me as I'm only 14, it has to be when we did the double over the pigs at Bramall Lane...

Great day out, and we opened a bottle of champagne outside the station, whilst giving big cheesy grins :biggrin: to all United fans that passed :laugh:

Brilliant game, I also couldn't get tickets, but talked to a steward, and he let me walk around the pitch from the Stretford End to the Scoreboard End, got one or two spicy comments along the way.

You sure you 'sat' on the Stretford End. Although there were a few rows of seats at the very back of the old Stretford End, these were for hardened season ticket holders only. The rest was all standing.

To be honest m8 I probably did stand rather than sit but thats not the issue. The main thing is I was there.

Notts County away in 91 just after we had beaten Chelsea in the semi-final to get to Wembley. Got to the Aviary about 11.30am on Trent Bridge which then got busier and busier with Wednesday fans. Flags all over the pub Wednesday fans singing. The coppers came in to see what the bother was and just shook their heads and left. There were thousands of Owls all over the ground who witnessed a good 2-0 win.

I'm also rather young (23), so the good ol' away days of the 80's and 90's are something I never experienced :-(

My best when we won - Aston Villa in the Carling Cup when Efan Ekoku scored the only goal. We later went to play Blackburn in the Semi's. It was only my 2nd away game n I never experienced anything like it as it was new to me - and Villa Park is BIG !!

My best when we drew - Oldham Athletic, in the promotion season and Glen Whelan got the equiliser. Not exactly the best game, but we actually had some fight, grit and determination to get a result. Drinking in Manchester before & after with loads Wednesdayite's was quality.

My best when we lost - Nobody enjoys a defeat, although I had a good time in Rochdale recently. Also had a good time in Stoke when Proudlock and Sibon scored for us, but we ended up losing 3-2 to a Chris Iwelumo brace :-( n there's the Blackburn Semi ...

Awesome day.

We actually stopped at the Dolphin Friday and Saturday night. On the Friday, one of the lads got really wasted and stumbled into the big screen in the Dolphin, and Kingy gave him a right hook.

We played their football team on the Sunday as well (lost 3-1).

Marvellous weekend.

We stayed at his mates pub up the road, Kingy had been out on the Friday but when he got back it was Stella's all round - don't think we paid for a drink all night.

Got our photos taken with the cup final medals too.

If the GM Vauxhall Conference awaits us but with days like that then bring it on.

I've only seen us win 13 times in more than 20 years, and three of those were at Hillsborough, so I don't have a lot to choose from!

Aside from the Play-off Final, 1-0 at Millwall a few years ago when Lee Bullen had to go in goal was a good one, as was 2-1 at Palace in 2007 because it was the first time we'd beaten Palace there in my lifetime and most of my family are Palace fans, but I think my favourite was 3-0 at Brentford in 2003 because it was the first time I'd seen us win in eight years and the sense of relief for me was almost overwhelming.

2-0 at Notts County this season was good too.

Southampton away (when Di Canio scored that goal I think)

The whole day was fantastic finished off by running out of diesel just short of Leicester Forest services at 2.00am on the way from a long stop off in Banbury.

We had to wake everyone up to push the bus down the hill (M1 hard shoulder) and into the services.

While we were waiting for the AA (the pump had to be bled) two of the Grumbleweeds came in for fuel in an E reg Rover to be met with, "You're worse than Sheff Utd", "Where's your series gone?", "You're not funny anymore" and "poo poo car, no fans".

There was a straggler on the bus who we picked up in Southampton.

He couldn't be woken until we got back to Sheffield.

The bus had a terrible smell all the way home but this is pretty normal on such days.

It stank a lot worse as the straggler got up to get off the bus.

He had shat in his white Henry Lloyd jeans and been sat in it all the way back.

Top day out.