Sign in to follow this  
parkfieldowl14

Best Ever Away Trips

other than the wembley games and cardiff play-off final 2005.for me Brighton away in 1990 4-0 away win on a tues night. :cool:

1-0 at Hull in the 90-91 promotion season. Nothing of a game - but I just knew with that victory that we were going up.

Brentford away 2002/2003 I think, was only 12 and that was my first season going home and away.

blackburn 1980 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cardiff city 2-0 away win 1983-84 season at ninian park.couple of thousand of us came on to the pitch including myself to celebrate the end of 15 years of hurt ( 1969-84 ).

Only 18 so not seen the glory days some of you lot have, for me L**ds away when we beat them 3-2 was a good one, 2-0 up and down to ten men, I remember thinking just park the bus and see it out, then within a matter of minutes JJ made it 3-0 and we all went flipping ballistic. Then the L**ds fans turned on Wise. Brilliant.

Also beating the Pigs at the Sty with a first minute goal then an absolute screamer from Tudders to complete the double was immense. Barnsley away last season was also pretty good, remember feeling pretty positive after that game, oh how things worked out differently.

Edit: Just looked up at my ticket wall :biggrin: and remembered Burnley away when Clarke and Tudgay got a couple each, brilliant day out in an utter poo hole. Best one from this season has been MK Dons.

Edited by James-The-Owl
  • Agree 2

cardiff city 2-0 away win 1983-84 season at ninian park.couple of thousand of us came on to the pitch including myself to celebrate the end of 15 years of hurt ( 1969-84 ).

yep remember that fondly (apart from the police dogs chasing us off the pitch :ohmy: )

Swindon away 2003.

S26 OWLS flag up outside the Dolphin pub, breakfast cooked by Kingy and the march to the ground in 100 degree heat was something else.

My brother bought the photo print from The Star of the away end and he is stood arms aloft wearing the 1993 away shirt.

Classic beerness fun.

• Agree 1

yep remember that fondly (apart from the police dogs chasing us off the pitch :ohmy: )

and the hundreds of cardiff fans waiting for us at Cardiff Central station with bricks and bottles. :ohmy:

I don't have much luck with away games, everyone I go to we always seem to lose :dry:

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

If you went to Blackburn 1993 when we won 4-2 and spent the afternoon in the big pub opposite the away end (can`t remember the name) it has to be this. Think it was Bull singing Deliah, then about 7.30 smashed the pub up, absolutely awsome I think. Got a bit drunk then the game which was on ITV was a masterclass(like watching Barcelona).

• Disagree 10

I don't have much luck with away games, everyone I go to we always seem to lose :dry:

you don't know what you"ve been missing then.

Only 18 so not seen the glory days some of you lot have, for me L**ds away when we beat them 3-2 was a good one, 2-0 up and down to ten men, I remember thinking just park the bus and see it out, then within a matter of minutes JJ made it 3-0 and we all went flipping ballistic. Then the L**ds fans turned on Wise. Brilliant.

Also beating the Pigs at the Sty with a first minute goal then an absolute screamer from Tudders to complete the double was immense. Barnsley away last season was also pretty good, remember feeling pretty positive after that game, oh how things worked out differently.

Agree with these 2, I'm only 19 so I have a similar lack of glory :rolleyes:

Would add Hull away in the 04/05 promotion season where we scored with the very last touch of the game to guarantee our place in the play offs and pi$$ on Hull's promotion party, don't think I've ever celebrated a goal as much.

Also the Wolves game the season after when we won 3-1, don't think I've ever heard an atmosphere as good as it was at half time on the concourse that day :biggrin:

Yes burnley away when Clarke looked like a world beater, remember singing if you dont take your shoes of your a blade. WTID!

Im 17 and only been going to away games since notts forest last season, but have hardly missed one since then.

MY best ever away trip is either cardiff last season, the atmosphere that day was brilliant & also MK Dons this season.

Antone remember norwich away . Peter shreeves had just kept us up !!! Last away game of season.

Our last home game programme was full off letters of praise from ncfc fans

Tuesday Jan 1st Man Ure 1 Owls 2 [Varadi got both]

Me and the m8s couldn't get tickets for the away end so we sat on the Stretford End.

Happy Days, almost brings a tear to my eye.

other than the wembley games and cardiff play-off final 2005.for me Brighton away in 1990 4-0 away win on a tues night. :cool:

Shez was magnificent Brighton only got half a dozen kicks all night ! The Perfect Storm I'd call that performance. :biggrin:

• Agree 2

blackburn 1980 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good one RIP Trev of the Burgoyne, got three rounds in out of his own pocket for a coach load of 50+ on way back.

• Agree 1