Do We....?

If I was jumped and set upon by a group of Asian lads, they could be arrested for assault.

Whats the odds that if a group of white lads jumped an Asian kid it would be classed as a racially motivated assault?

Ain't they both the same though?

Yes so why are they treated as different types of assault.

All this Racist stuff starts at the top. Like i said we are all equals so what is the need for it?

"In Germany they came first for the Communists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant.

Then they came for me, and by that time no one was left to speak up."

-- by Martin Niemöller, prominent German anti-Nazi theologian.

Just because you watch the history channel it doesn't preclude you from being an ingnorant knobsack.

No one came for anyone, no, gypsies were harmed and no one suffered as a consequence.

That fact is a bit of name calling went on.

I happen to be a fat ugly illegitimate.

You can refer to me as such and I don't give a throw because it is true. This is not discrimination you dim whitted pr**k.

Discrimination is when someone is treated differently because of their race or origin or other variance, something that I suspect happens more to white working class people than any other ethnic group.

If you are going to cry out about such misjustices try choosing anyone deserving of such, a group that genuinely does suffer discrimination such as those born in poor areas who subsequently get no choice but to go to a poor school, spend their entire lives in the same poverty trap as their parents. poo poo school = poo poo education = poo poo job = poo poo and often short life.

People like this genuinely are discriminated against their whole lives, especially if they are morally sound enough to refrain from popping out twelve illegitimate kids in an attempt to get out of said poverty trap. I personally have never met a gypsie who doesn't drive a 4X4 or a BMW so excuse me if I seem somewhat lacking in sympathy. If there genuinely are any travellers/gypsies out there who for whatever reason do live unfortunate lives because of descrimination then I am totally simpathetic.

As far as the name calling is concerned it is at worst trivial and if you can't see this you are as thick as pigshit.

If I was jumped and set upon by a group of Asian lads, they could be arrested for assault.

Whats the odds that if a group of white lads jumped an Asian kid it would be classed as a racially motivated assault?

Ain't they both the same though?

What if a group of Travellers jumped the Asian lad?

Basicly I was just pointing out that all this PC stuff has gone too far and is stupid. Im all for kicking people out of footy ect for monkey chants at black players and calling them whatever as there is no need for it.

End of the day everyone is equal and there is always going to be people with stronger views than others depending on where you live. Buxton has a very low count of non-whites/English so you can speak more freely about things where as in Sheffield the chances of being near a non white/ English are high so you have to watch what you say.

But what exactly do you mean by "This PC stuff?"

It's an arbitrary term that's trotted out every so often and means nothing. The fundamentals of Political Correctness are pretty much rooted in politeness and fairness. In that I'm "PC" because I don't believe it's right to refer to peoples as "Pakis" "Niggers" or "Faggots", I believe that women and homosexuals are not inferior to heterosexual men and so forth. Basically, if you know that a word or action is going to offend somebody, don't go to great lengths to do that to prove a point in the notion of "freedom of speech"

You're obviously correct in that we are all born entirely equal and as blank canvases. Plus you "have to watch what you say" on a frequent basis, not just in front of persons of differing race, religion, sexuality or status. In the same way that I wouldn't make racist jokes to Asian or Africans, I wouldn't use string language or sexual jokes in front of an elderly relative, make gay jokes in front of homosexuals, etc.

There's no agenda behind this, there's no great conspiracy to silence people who have views that are remotely "right-wing". It's just politeness and respect, which some factions (mainly tabloids and hysterical bloggers) twist into being such an agenda.

Guest scott_andrew_william

The "Where's you Caravan chant" Isn't racist, it's stereotypical. Also, in my own opinion they're not even a race.

Bloody,gyppo's coming over here taking our jobs, because we're too lazy to work.....

The annoying thing about the UK these days is that you cant say a thing without fearing being dubbed a racist or a bigot.

I dont agree with racist chanting, although its only recently that the "Gypo" chant suddenly became unacceptable. In the past it was just seen as a bit of craic to players with long hair or something, I dont think many people actually mean to vent any hatred towards Gypsies when they do it.

You cannot complain about any group of people any more even if there are true grievances or things that wee wee you off. Obviously you shouldnt generalise, there will be many decent Travellers but there it is also a fact that they can cause real problems for landowners and in some cases do not show any respect for the area where they are staying.

Its really difficult as a modern multicultural society is meant to be "tolerant" yet to be honest, people taking the wee wee out of each other and having opinions/predjudices is human nature as throughout history its always been your own group or culture which has had to look out for itself. If youve got a brain in your head you can know that not all people within a group are the same, but there are so many problems that are rarely addressed just because of fear of being brandished as a racist in my opinion.

But what exactly do you mean by "This PC stuff?"

It's an arbitrary term that's trotted out every so often and means nothing. The fundamentals of Political Correctness are pretty much rooted in politeness and fairness. In that I'm "PC" because I don't believe it's right to refer to peoples as "Pakis" "Niggers" or "Faggots", I believe that women and homosexuals are not inferior to heterosexual men and so forth. Basically, if you know that a word or action is going to offend somebody, don't go to great lengths to do that to prove a point in the notion of "freedom of speech"

You're obviously correct in that we are all born entirely equal and as blank canvases. Plus you "have to watch what you say" on a frequent basis, not just in front of persons of differing race, religion, sexuality or status. In the same way that I wouldn't make racist jokes to Asian or Africans, I wouldn't use string language or sexual jokes in front of an elderly relative, make gay jokes in front of homosexuals, etc.

There's no agenda behind this, there's no great conspiracy to silence people who have views that are remotely "right-wing". It's just politeness and respect, which some factions (mainly tabloids and hysterical bloggers) twist into being such an agenda.

Unfortunately this is far from true. There is no such thing as equality. If there were we would all be born into effluent families.

Guest GodsanOwl

Thought I would join this debate from my position as a convicted racist!

Why am I a convicted racist?

Many years ago, as a young man, I ended up having a drunken argument with a man of Asian descent (he was kurdish as it happens....another race which has been discriminated against for hundreds if not thousands of years!).

The argument got out of hand and I swung a punch..........as I was anebriated it basically just brushed him with no harm caused.......for this action I was convicted of 'Racially aggravated common assault'.

At no point did his race, religion or anything else come into question, the argument was nothing to do with these things and they were not mentioned during the argument.

But because he wasn't white I am now a convicted racist........

Surely the people who convicted me of this are the real racists!!

Why is it that only a white man can be joked about without a problem but anything said about any other race is automaticlly racism????

many other races have been treated very poorly by the white man,

like us,taking boats over to africa,raping there women,enslaving there people

wouldnt you be pissed off about that,

remeber that slavery was only abolished less than 100 years ago

we have been fortunate to not have these problems,thus there isnt much one can say to a white man about race

raqsicm is the lowest of the low

and im really disapointed that so many on here,either this its just"banter",or are sticking up for racists

we are very lucky to libe in one of the most progressive countries,

Many years ago, as a young man, I ended up having a drunken argument with a man of Asian descent (he was kurdish as it happens....another race which has been discriminated against for hundreds if not thousands of years!).

The argument got out of hand and I swung a punch..........as I was anebriated it basically just brushed him with no harm caused.......for this action I was convicted of 'Racially aggravated common assault'.

At no point did his race, religion or anything else come into question, the argument was nothing to do with these things and they were not mentioned during the argument.

I thought you said convicted rapist!!

Oops! :huh:

Unfortunately this is far from true. There is no such thing as equality. If there were we would all be born into effluent families.

No, I meant in a very literal sense

In that we aren't born with any pre-programmed notions of "good" or "evil"

We can as you say be born into an affluent family, but the individual produced is shaped by their environment

im sure you are telling us a very one sided story

if your one of those morons,who likes to get drun k and swing punches

you deserve everything you get

i bet the court papers tell a much more even handed story

Edited by adamwestsleftear

Guest scott_andrew_william

You can't be racist towards a white person in this country because we're the dominant race, and the race with more power. Just like women can say what they want towards a man and it's not sexist. Because we have more power. But they have Vaginas and that's what's important.

many other races have been treated very poorly by the white man,

like us,taking boats over to africa,raping there women,enslaving there people

wouldnt you be pissed off about that,

remeber that slavery was only abolished less than 100 years ago

we have been fortunate to not have these problems,thus there isnt much one can say to a white man about race

raqsicm is the lowest of the low

and im really disapointed that so many on here,either this its just"banter",or are sticking up for racists

we are very lucky to libe in one of the most progressive countries,

I dont dispute that historically Whites have blood on their hands, but in terms of 2011, you will still see white people mocked in comedy or generalised. It doesnt offend me, but thats just the same thing as racism from white people. There is a lot of animosity towards the white community from ethnic minorities, perhaps because they are or have been given a hard time. But its still a generalisation and could be deemed racist.

If no racial slur or xenophobic comment was made then this is a massive oversight and is actually detrimental to the anti-racism cause, if you were prosecuted on racially-aggravated terms purely because of his ethnicity or the individuals deception then that's very wrong