Richard Hinds

Guest Sheff Owl

I've always liked Hinds and rated him highly. He isn't the quickest but more often than not puts in a steady, no frills performance.

I've not been to the last few away games, so can't comment on recent performances but I feel he's capable of performing for us in this league.

We also have Lewis Buxton to come back, which will help us even further.

I would however, really like to see Jones get a run of games in the team. Perhaps on the left wing, rather than left-back but I just feel he's not really had the chance to establish himself in the side.

The bandwagon jumping is cringey.

He may have had a good couple of games - but lets see if he's still in the side at the end of the season.

I remember a few seasons back he had a handful of nightmare games and was torn a new arseh0le at times - he's probably just about good enough for this division.

Not half as 'cringey' as your last few posts in this thread.

Tell me one of our defenders that didn't get torn a new arsehole last season.

Not half as 'cringey' as your last few posts in this thread.

Tell me one of our defenders that didn't get torn a new arsehole last season.

I'm talking the year before that.

He isn't good enough and those touting him for a new contract come the end of the season are f0oking deluded.

He,s done OK for a couple of games..........nothing more , and ive seen enough of him over the last three years to tell me that if we,re serious about promotion ( sadly next year now ) then quite simply he aint good enough.

This.

But apparently even with a new owner we're happy to settle for second best still.

The bandwagon jumping is cringey.

He may have had a good couple of games - but lets see if he's still in the side at the end of the season.

I remember a few seasons back he had a handful of nightmare games and was torn a new arseh0le at times - he's probably just about good enough for this division.

this division is all we need him to be good enough for!

2 games, 2 clean sheets.

Its quite amazing he hasn't had a look in all season.

We spent near 1 million quid in January on defenders and 3/4 of the back four were under our noses all along.

Terrible management. How can you play a left footer at right back when we have Richard Hinds not even in the squad. Its unreal.

This.

But apparently even with a new owner we're happy to settle for second best still.

What a load of gonads.

Who's settling for second best - Megson is looking for some stability at the back, a centre half who doesn't constantly make school boy errors.

Let's worry about next season in the summer - for the time being Hinds has helped steadied the ship.

He was poo poo at scunny this season. Its up to him to prove his worth, hopefully he will and this will help all concerned.

However, long term he isnt the answer

You're right he was poor at Scunny, but then we were poor as a team and he hadn't been playing - you can't judge a lad on one game.

I've always liked him, in my memory he hasn't really let us down - yeh odd mistake but let's remember we're a third division team, we aren't gonna have players that rate 10/10 week after week.

What springs to mind is the end of the 2008/09 season, he played well when given a chance yet was dropped for Purse the following August.

Guest Sheff Owl

We spent near 1 million quid in January on defenders and 3/4 of the back four were under our noses all along.

Terrible management. How can you play a left footer at right back when we have Richard Hinds not even in the squad. Its unreal.

Spot on! Irvine must have really disliked Hinds.

It does make me laugh because people have been saying that Hinds should never be anywhere near our first team and then when he does get in we keep 2 clean sheets.

It's not all down to Hinds BUT he has certainly brought something to the team.

It's been a disgrace how he has been treated and i'm glad that he has got a chance and can prove to people that he deserves a chance.

Spot on! Irvine must have really disliked Hinds.

It does make me laugh because people have been saying that Hinds should never be anywhere near our first team and then when he does get in we keep 2 clean sheets.

It's not all down to Hinds BUT he has certainly brought something to the team.

It's been a disgrace how he has been treated and i'm glad that he has got a chance and can prove to people that he deserves a chance.

Exactly. Nail on the head.

People keep bringing up the Scunny performance. One bloody game. He was short of match fitness and had a poor game. Simple as really. Does that honestly mean he shouldn't be given another chance?

If we gave every single player just one game then 90% of our team wouldnt be in the side. We had a player who couldn't break the 16 even with every right back was injured. A player whos been part of a promotion winning team at this level. Just reeks of unprofessionalism.

Again I'm not saying he's the greatest full back going, far from it. But what you get with Hinds is stability, experience and knowledge of playing at this level. Playing a left back at right back instead of Hinds is ridiculous.

I remember Irvine defending picking Jones and Spurr at right back ahead of Hinds: "I didn't think it would be fair on Richard because he hasn't played much this season"

I remember Irvine defending picking Jones and Spurr at right back ahead of Hinds: "I didn't think it would be fair on Richard because he hasn't played much this season"

I remember that and I remember thinking 'bullshit'. How can you make such a decision/assumption without seeing someone playing. If he was struggling haul him off after 45 minutes. It was just ridiculous.

Guest Sheff Owl

Exactly. Nail on the head.

People keep bringing up the Scunny performance. One bloody game. He was short of match fitness and had a poor game. Simple as really. Does that honestly mean he shouldn't be given another chance?

If we gave every single player just one game then 90% of our team wouldnt be in the side. We had a player who couldn't break the 16 even with every right back was injured. A player whos been part of a promotion winning team at this level. Just reeks of unprofessionalism.

Again I'm not saying he's the greatest full back going, far from it. But what you get with Hinds is stability, experience and knowledge of playing at this level. Playing a left back at right back instead of Hinds is ridiculous.

Irvine just played players no matter what, EVERYONE could see they had a poo poo game yet they would be on the team sheet the following week.

I really think Irvine became stubborn and no matter what would never have used Hinds.