Richard Hinds

Guest Sheff Owl

Guest Sheff Owl

So first start since when?

First clean sheet since when?

Played full 90 minutes and had a good game.

Yet Irvine refused to even give him a chance.

So in 2 games he has done nothing wrong and fully deserved to start today.

Well done Richard.

So first start since when?

First clean sheet since when?

Played full 90 minutes and had a good game.

Yet Irvine refused to even give him a chance.

So in 2 games he has done nothing wrong and fully deserved to start today.

Well done Richard.

^^^^ amen to that ^^^^^^

ps/ you can stick your coaching badges up your @rse

Who would have thought we would see Hinds and Palmer in the starting 11 this season - and one which seems to have played well and got a decent draw away from home against a team in 2nd.

Credit to Megson for giving them a chance, and credit to the players for taking it. On paper you would have a lot of other names before those two with the squad we have, but if they show hunger and determination then they deserve their place in the team whilst more regulars and seasoned pros watch on from the bench.

The guys has been unfairly treated by our last two managers after what was an impressive end of the season two years ago (before Purse came in).

Criminal how he was totally disregarded by Irvine and his decent return to the team has once again shown up how inept Irvine was.

Well done and welcome back Richard Hinds. Keep it ip fella.

The guys has been unfairly treated by our last two managers after what was an impressive end of the season two years ago (before Purse came in).

Criminal how he was totally disregarded by Irvine and his decent return to the team has once again shown up how inept Irvine was.

Well done and welcome back Richard Hinds. Keep it ip fella.

^^^^^This^^^^^^^^

Guest Sheff Owl

Just shows both Hinds and Palmer have come in and improved us and both had good games yet Irvine refused to use them.

Just shows how inept Irvine was.

Really pleased for Richard, he got treated shockingly and now he can stick two fingers up to Irvine!

Who would have thought we would see Hinds and Palmer in the starting 11 this season - and one which seems to have played well and got a decent draw away from home against a team in 2nd.

Credit to Megson for giving them a chance, and credit to the players for taking it. On paper you would have a lot of other names before those two with the squad we have, but if they show hunger and determination then they deserve their place in the team *****************whilst more regulars and seasoned pros watch on from the bench.*********************

some (two in particular) weren't even on the bench !!!!!! lol

I was of the impression he wasnt really good enough as he has been in defence for some real drubbings in the last two seasons.

But he's proved me wrong in the last couple of games and he has looked really steady, like he did before the leg break. It wouldnt be too outlandish to suggest he could win Megson over through working hard and showing some passion.

I dont think he's the leader we need but he seems to be doing the trick of steadying the ship and lending a hand to the younger players.

Also remember Hinds, Beevers and Spurr are used to playing together, to replace 3 of you back 4 mid season is stupid and the results and goals conceeded came as no surprise to me. Don't write Reynolds or Morrison off yet. If either of them had come into a settled back 4, i'm sure they would of performed better. Coming to a new club and settling in takes time. You have no chance coming to a new club and then trying to settle in to a defence with 3 out of 4 all being new and in a similar situation

We were warned about Irvine's disregard for young footballers coming through the academy at Preston. Fotunately for Palmer the man has gone and we have a manager that is not afraid to give players starts on merit and not because they think they have to. A big well done to Hinds too. As previously stated he finished season 2008-09 well and would have rightly been disappointed to have lost his place when Purse came in.

Also remember Hinds, Beevers and Spurr are used to playing together, to replace 3 of you back 4 mid season is stupid and the results and goals conceeded came as no surprise to me. Don't write Reynolds or Morrison off yet. If either of them had come into a settled back 4, i'm sure they would of performed better. Coming to a new club and settling in takes time. You have no chance coming to a new club and then trying to settle in to a defence with 3 out of 4 all being new and in a similar situation

Very good point!

I can't believe this hadn't clicked with me earlier!

Richard Hinds best form for us was after his leg break when he was playing centre back when he partnered Beevers after the Wood fiasco.

Then Purse came in that summer (despite us having the best home defensive record which Hinds played a massive part in with Beevers) he was then shoved out by Laws and totally binned by Irvine.

I really hope he can prove his qualities and can earn himself a new contract.

Great to see a fellow owl back in the team.

Richard Hinds best form for us was after his leg break when he was playing centre back when he partnered Beevers after the Wood fiasco.

Then Purse came in that summer (despite us having the best home defensive record which Hinds played a massive part in with Beevers) he was then shoved out by Laws and totally binned by Irvine.

I really hope he can prove his qualities and can earn himself a new contract.

Great to see a fellow owl back in the team.

Megson knows they will fight for the cause, which is exactly what we need at the moment.

It's no surprise that Sedgewick played tonight for the that reason.

So from now on I expect Weaver, Spurr, Beevers(near enough), Sedgewick, Palmer and Hinds to be the first names on the team sheet. :biggrin:

The bandwagon jumping is cringey.

He may have had a good couple of games - but lets see if he's still in the side at the end of the season.

I remember a few seasons back he had a handful of nightmare games and was torn a new arseh0le at times - he's probably just about good enough for this division.

The bandwagon jumping is cringey.

He may have had a good couple of games - but lets see if he's still in the side at the end of the season.

I remember a few seasons back he had a handful of nightmare games and was torn a new arseh0le at times - he's probably just about good enough for this division.

Our whole defence in your words "have been torn a new arseh0le" in the last 3 months.

Give the guy some credit.

Just shows both Hinds and Palmer have come in and improved us and both had good games yet Irvine refused to use them.

Just shows how inept Irvine was.

Really pleased for Richard, he got treated shockingly and now he can stick two fingers up to Irvine!

Agreed 100%

Am I right in thinking he is out of contract in the summer?

I'd like to think he can do enough to earn a new deal if he is out of contract.