Richard Hinds

Guest Sheff Owl

Got a chance today and he played well.

Never understood what he did wrong in the first place.

He was excellent in the season we finished 12th, yet found himself on the bench in no time the next season.

Irvine clearly didn't rate the guy, but, going by that blokes recent signings, he knows naff all about decent centre halves.

Early days, however, Hinds deserves a chance like the rest of them.

Got a chance today and he played well.

Never understood what he did wrong in the first place.

He was excellent in the season we finished 12th, yet found himself on the bench in no time the next season.

Irvine clearly didn't rate the guy, but, going by that blokes recent signings, he knows naff all about decent centre halves.

Early days, however, Hinds deserves a chance like the rest of them.

He committed the cardinal (Irvine) sin for a centre half today

He crossed the half way line

Good to see Hinds back.

Clearly he's not exactly a brilliant footballer, but what Hinds does offer is a few basic defensive assurances, and in that regard he could be an absolute night and day improvement over some of the calamitous defending we've endured recently.

About time he got his chance and I hope he continues to build on today.

Guest Sheff Owl

Weather people like Hinds or not...

Weather people think he is crap or not...

If we can start going on a winning run and Hinds is a regular starter then i'm happy.

megsons gunna give em all a chance till he finds his best 11 but i fear that wont be good enough

but i thought it was just irvine holding us back?

and now the team is unleashed and revitilised by the freedom from all that nasty information they would win every game 5-0?

seems your admitting that either

1.the team wasnt as good as you thought

2.that this league is better than you first thought,,your still saying its a poo poo league?

i await your backtracking with interest

Control, punt, control, punt.

Lets be honest guys - when your applauding Hinds for a good game you know the squad is terrible.

Most unfair, Hinds put in some good solid performances for us under Laws I just think Irvine did not like him for some reason .he deserved a place at right back in front of Spurr or Jones.

Guest Big Guns

but i thought it was just irvine holding us back?

and now the team is unleashed and revitilised by the freedom from all that nasty information they would win every game 5-0?

seems your admitting that either

1.the team wasnt as good as you thought

2.that this league is better than you first thought,,your still saying its a poo poo league?

i await your backtracking with interest

irvine should av found his best 11 but was too soft weve only had to look at palmer and hinds today to see irvine was clueless if megson was in charge from the off the best 11 would be sorted ,and another thing weve got worse since irvines january signings and even you cant argue with that.

Most unfair, Hinds put in some good solid performances for us under Laws I just think Irvine did not like him for some reason .he deserved a place at right back in front of Spurr or Jones.

i think the reason might have been the game early in the season where irvine said

"here back up players,heres a nice cup game agianst scunny,,show me what you can do"

hinds put in the most woeful perfromance,ending in him being sent of,in a strange suicide

heffernan showed absolutly nothing too,,

if i was a manager,who job depended on results,,i would not be playing those players lightly either,esp hinds ,who looked like someones dad had filled in last minute

credit to him tho,today he came on,and showed characher and looked like someone who ,could come in a do a job,which would take some pressure of reynolds,and morrsion,who might need a littel break for there own good

i think the reason might have been the game early in the season where irvine said

"here back up players,heres a nice cup game agianst scunny,,show me what you can do"

hinds put in the most woeful perfromance,ending in him being sent of,in a strange suicide

heffernan showed absolutly nothing too,,

if i was a manager,who job depended on results,,i would not be playing those players lightly either,esp hinds ,who looked like someones dad had filled in last minute

credit to him tho,today he came on,and showed characher and looked like someone who ,could come in a do a job,which would take some pressure of reynolds,and morrsion,who might need a littel break for there own good

Right. . .

So you'd pretty much ostracize Hinds and Heffernan on the back of one bad performance. . .but allow everyone else to keep playing despite being largely poo .

Guest Big Guns

Well done Richard Hinds today, the back four was instantly shored up after his introduction, Reynolds and Morrison just don't look up to it to me.

As for Heff, there must be a reason why two managers have overlooked him, maybe something behind the scenes I'm not sure.

well ive heard hes a right wee pipe but thats between you and me.

Guest Sheff Owl

I really think that there are some fans that don't want Hinds in the team even if he does improve the defence.

We flipping need to do something because at the minute it's not working.

Guest Briscoe Inferno

Hinds, RJ and Liam Palmer outstanding today.

More of Irvines stubborn spite not allowing RH or LP any where near the first eleven this season.

I'l openly admit i didn't rate him after the Scunny game earlier in the season.

However he did well today- got skinned a few times by Bentley but Bentley is a full England international with a box full of tricks playing at 3-0 up so it's a bit harsh to judge Hinds on that.

His positioning was better than our other current options, and he was (most importantly) very talkative and decisive. He might have looked a bit uncultured at times but i couldn't give a flip about that given our circumstances tbh.

Definite starter for Bournemouth.