Richard Hinds

Guest Sheff Owl

Guest Sheff Owl

So there has been a lot of talk recently and mixed views on him -

From not good enough to can't be any worse that what we currently are watching..

But today he came on and i thought he did well considering he has not played really.

Well done Richard. Can he get a shirt now and keep it up? - time will tell.

It just shows Palmer and Hinds have not had much first team football yet come in today and have done better than some players who have been playing regular over the last few weeks.

At least the manager is prepared to give these players a chance, especially if the ones who played in the game before arent up to it.

For a long time I have had the impression that some players know that they will be picked week in week out regardless of performance. Individuals need to know that they have to up their performance or be prepared to be dropped.

Well done Richard Hinds.

Guest Sheff Owl

Maybe now let's give Heffernan a chance, not had much football recently and he could be another who does well.

The players coming have done well and better than some over the last few week's then what does that tell you?

Some players KNOW they will be picked each week and that needs to be kicked out of them.

OK, he is lacking quality and I think we should be looking at better players. That said when he came on he put everything into his game and can be proud of his contribution. Whatever failings in quality players may have we cannot ask for more than to give everything they have - he did well

Not me so ive just + you !!!!

It normally doesnt bother me. The reputation thing isnt that important but posts usually get voted down when someone has said something stupid or ridiculous. I reckon you should be able to see who has voted on your post, that way at least they can be brought to account.

Control, punt, control, punt.

Lets be honest guys - when your applauding Hinds for a good game you know the squad is terrible.

You just said yourself he had a good game compared to others

Control, punt, control, punt

Is an improvement on

Miscontrol, punt into touch, miscontrol, punt into touch

Guest Sheff Owl

Lets be honest guys - when your applauding Hinds for a good game you know the squad is terrible.

Yep we know the squad is quite poor and just not cutting it.

We are so easy to slag people off yet recently not been able to give many people praise but today there was 2 stand out performances in Palmer and Osbourne and i think praise should go the way of Hinds due to not had much football recently for whatever reason and he has come in today and played well.

Don't get me wrong i'm not saying he should start every game or he is the future but we have seen so much crap recently we have to give others a chance, too many players have let us down recently.

Just got back from watching it in the pub. Have to agree with the Hinds comments, did well when he came on and put himself about. I also thought Johnson played a pretty decent game, Osbourne looks assured on the ball, Jones and Teale were purposeful. Other than that, the crossing was mostly very poor and every time we got into the box, rabbits in headlights seem to spring to mind.

Edited by Maple Staple

First you have to be near the ball to control it. If he's doing this it's an improvement on the three merry lads we have brought in who have no positional sense or pace.

Then the Punt..I will also settle for that because it means he's not playing suicidal back passes or dawdling on it until he gets closed down and dispossesed ..again an improvement on what we have.

If all our defenders control and punt until the end of the season I will be very happy. That's how low my expectations are at the moment mate!