Rochdale vs Wednesday

I'm at game.

The problems are:

We never win a header, they keep having time and space in midfield to control and pass. They keep getting it to their winger who gets behind jones and delivers danger all the time.

Often they skin our midfield over and over again.

We have nothing upfront, neither striker has won a header yet and there is cole just behind the front two who hasn't had the ball there yet.

No width at all and no out ball at all.

Clinton was thru on goal but his shot was dismal!

Joc is the worst midfielder as he gives it away too much.

Mm at centreback is not great at distribution.

Rochdale look like Barcelona

Thanks for that, Bez........I think.

I think we've come to similiar conclusions listening.......the gloating of Giddings is a bit of a give away to the fact we're playing poo .

Why is it rubbish, apart from Purse and Tudgay, Beevers, Spurr and JJ have all been courted by Championship clubs, and would almost certainly end up there if we got rid. Weaver is rated by Megson the best keeper in the Division, we beat of Scottish Premier clubs to sign Reynold, ditto Coke. The likes of Mellor, Morrison and Teale could all play at Championship level. Don't tell me we don't or haven't had the players, we have, its just we've never had a good manager to manage them

Potter and O'Connor in midfield hasn't work for the last 2 years but still Megson plays them together. It's like friggin torture.

And we're back to Beevers at centre half who hasn't had a good game in 18 months.

Fantastic.

what would you do then?

not a dig genuine interested

It is now obvious that we may have the best paid squad in the league which happens to also be one of the worst.

What a legacy Irvine has left us!

Just like the one he left at Preston.

We were warned. Thanks AI for this horrible mess.

Megson from his interviews in the week knew the mess he had to clean up. This season is gone. This squad needs yet another overhaul. Mainly in midfield and at the back.

Lets hope we don't get drawn to the bottom 4.

We've needed to sort the defence out for years. It has been our downfall far too long.

Everyone could see we were leaking goals last season but the former manager insisted on starting with the same back 4.

You can buy all the attacking players in the world but if you ship goals like us then you will lose games.

Eventually the penny dropped with AI but the defenders he signed aren't much of an improvement.

When people talk about us having the best team in the league they refering to attacking players.

Why is it rubbish, apart from Purse and Tudgay, Beevers, Spurr and JJ have all been courted by Championship clubs, and would almost certainly end up there if we got rid. Weaver is rated by Megson the best keeper in the Division, we beat of Scottish Premier clubs to sign Reynold, ditto Coke. The likes of Mellor, Morrison and Teale could all play at Championship level. Don't tell me we don't or haven't had the players, we have, its just we've never had a good manager to manage them

Did you expect Megson to have a squad in his fvckin' car when he arrived last week?

we are not safe by any means safe,the league table could make grizzly reading come the next home game.

I know we're only 5 points away from the drop zone, but there are a lot of teams between us and those places.

Add to that, I'll be very surprised if Bristol Rovers, Dag & Red and Walsall stay up. Then I think there are teams worse than Wednesday who will more than likely take the last relegation place (Swindon, Plymouth, Yeovil).

We're appaling, but I honestly can't see us being relegated.

Guest Johnbloodaxe

I know we're only 5 points away from the drop zone, but there are a lot of teams between us and those places.

Add to that, I'll be very surprised if Bristol Rovers, Dag & Red and Walsall stay up. Then I think there are teams worse than Wednesday who will more than likely take the last relegation place (Swindon, Plymouth, Yeovil).

We're appaling, but I honestly can't see us being relegated.

Ooooooerrrrr I hope you have wood handy....

I hope you don't regret saying that....it's what I thought last season.......and then look what happened....

what would you do then?

not a dig genuine interested

I'd have played Coke and O'Connor in central midfield. Wouldn't have played Potter. Play Teale wide instead.

I certainly wouldn't have brought Beevers into a losing team when he has zero confidence. I'd have played Reynolds at centre back instead.

I'd have played Coke and O'Connor in central midfield. Wouldn't have played Potter. Play Teale wide instead.

I certainly wouldn't have brought Beevers into a losing team when he has zero confidence. I'd have played Reynolds at centre back instead.

might work