Waddle

Dicanio

Roland

Sterland

Lyonn's

Atkinson D

Worthington

Pearson

peter Rudi lol as he made my day at blackburn :)

The best two players i have seen at Hillsborough destroy us, Gascoigne and Lineker think we lost 0 - 2 in the late 80's ? Lineker scored twice with 2 touches through 90 mins :).

Agreed but what about Ian Rush, what a nightmare that bloke was, best I've ever seen.

Agreed but what about Ian Rush, what a nightmare that bloke was, best I've ever seen.

Both are Definitely fox's in the box, prob the best two of all time for that, i cannot remember either of them scoring from outside the Box?

Also i like how you said Bannister :) forgot to add him UTO.

Guest on the band wagon

Wylde

bannister

mcculloch

varadi

curren

These were mine too probably imre was my favourite we are not that old are we !!!

My first game was in 1979 and a certain Terry Curran had the crowd buzzing every time he ran down the middle or flanks.He was my first fave.

A couple of years later it was Gary Bannister although seem to remember getting him mixed up with Charlie Williamson after one pre-season where they both had identical 'Purdie' style hairdos :blush:

Other faves were Mel Sterland and David Hirst.

Worrying thing is at present i don't have an outstanding fave player,haven't had for a few years since Chris Brunt left :ohmy:

Guest Stereophonics

Des walker. I was so proud that he played for us. I was always des when playing footy at school and would even try to run like him, sad I know. Just an awesome player, loved how he could give a striker a head start and still beat him to the ball.

He never had to make last ditch tackles either cos he read the game so well. He would walk into the current england side

My 1st Wednesday team I can recall is the 82/83 promotion team, Loved Shelts & Megson in midfield, but the 2 stand out moments from that season were Varadis goal @ home to Charlton, clean thru & chipped the keeper from about 25yrds (It may have even been his hatrick goal ??) & being throw around by my ever so slighty tippsy dad, after 3hrs pre match drinking in The Stands (Pub/Club on the back corner of the Kop) on the pitch after the Crystal Pallace Match when Zico scored to send up up. So for me it's Shelton, Megson & Zico. I also seem to recall pretending to be Siggi johnson after he scored from around 40yrds at Norwich, but is soon passed.

"Cough "

Springett- best keeper we've ver had

Swan- best centre half we've ever had

Kay- Alan Ball wouldn't have played in 1966 if Kay was in the england team

Bronco- God knows how many he would have scored given his scoring record

Dobson - great winger on par with Henderson

McCalliog- GOD

Tomo- great player in a bad team

Henderson- ditto

Shez -GOD Mark 2

Guest JohnFantham

McCalliog

Ford

Fantham.............used to have my hair cut in his shop

Springett

Mobley

Young

Pugh

Ellis

Hickton

Dobson

Smith

Megson.....his Dad

Eustace

Finney

a bit later

Big John Ritchie

I would just add Swanee, Kay and Layne to these players.