Guest zero)))

Who were your favourite players?

Hirsty

Shez

Waddle

Bartman

Benny

Paulo

I would write more about them but a) i've been drinking and b) you already know about them.

Guest arbroathowl

john sheriden was and still is my all time idol, got a signed photo of scoring at wembly 91. also sterland, chapman, waddle, pressman, andy pearce for the goal against the blades.

Who were your favourite players?

Hirsty

Shez

Waddle

Bartman

Benny

Paulo

I would write more about them but a) i've been drinking and b) you already know about them.

Sterland, Sheridan, Di Canio in that order. Hadn't had any good enough to become a hero since Di Canio left.

Also loved Nilsson, Palmer and Hirst.

unbelievable this topic should crop up! i have just watched (on vhs video) two 1986 matches (although at 23 i technically wasn't a kid!).owls v charlton at hillsborough (4-1) and oxford away (3-0) and saw two of favourite all time owls in action.. the greatest leader of all time- micky lyons and mr.all-out-effort and passion MEGGO!!!! meggo demonstrates exactly what a box to box player should do .. further forward than the strikers in a lot of moves and yet last defender at other times,set peice taker,corner taker,long range passing as well as pass and move one-twos.not technically the most gifted but definately the most involved player all over the pitch. if he can bring 50% of what he demonstrated as a player to this current shower then we are gonna rip this league a new 'un !!!! let's hope one of my all time faves' crown doesn't slip !!

ps i wish i could post these matches for all to see but simply don't know how :blink:

Edited by brian joicey

Guest zero)))

Graham Hyde, Mark Pembridge and Simon Coleman. Nothing fancy, just solid players. lol

Graham Hyde.. yes.

Most underrated player ever.

Never forget him grabbing Duncan Ferguson by the neck.

Hirst

Sheridan

Waddle

Dicanio

Roland

Sterland

Lyonn's

Atkinson D

Worthington

Pearson

peter Rudi lol as he made my day at blackburn :)

The best two players i have seen at Hillsborough destroy us, Gascoigne and Lineker think we lost 0 - 2 in the late 80's ? Lineker scored twice with 2 touches through 90 mins :).

McCalliog

Ford

Fantham.............used to have my hair cut in his shop

Springett

Mobley

Young

Pugh

Ellis

Hickton

Dobson

Smith

Megson.....his Dad