Birmingham City

Guest BoomTownOwls

According to the Birmingham website, the upper tier of the Gil Merrick Stand (Away end) is not available for the fixture

That must mean they are holding it back for us if we sell out the lower

Yeah I agree. Birmingham have to allocate at least 15% of capicity, which is roughly 4500. If the initial allocation sells out, it is at their own discretion to gives us as many as they want or rest of the stand in this case (due to local council agreeing).

UTO WTID

Yeah I agree. Birmingham have to allocate at least 15% of capicity, which is roughly 4500. If the initial allocation sells out, it is at their own discretion to gives us as many as they want or rest of the stand in this case (due to local council agreeing)

UTO WTID

Is 8000 the largest allocation of tickets at Birmingham? That would certainly make people sit up and take notice. I am certainly interested in making the trip. Been to Villa a few times, Wolves a few times but not Birmingham.

Edited by SheffieldGraduate

I'm taking a couple of mates and my young brother(his first ever away game)

I told him about the trouble we had after the game about 4 years ago when they beat us 2-0 and had to dodge bricks.I said it was his decision but he still wants to go :cool:

Always preferred going to Villa myself.

I've been looking into this mythical 8,000 figure and apparently the chances of us getting that many are very slim.

They are obliged under rules to only give us around 4,100.

The initial allocation which are on sale now is 2663. We've sold 1746 of these in 24 hours and will sell out the rest at some point today therefore ticvkets for this fixture WILL go off sale at some point today.

However, the remainder of the 4,100 (around 1,400) will be made available to us tomorrow and go on sale.

Birmingham are going to look into the upper tier, BUT it's not likely as they have season ticket holders in that stand already, have to get approval to sell it from SAG and are also extremely busy with selling Carling Cup tickets, which is their priority.

At the moment, we're treating the 4,100 as our full allocation for it, because it is unlikely we will get more. I envisage this selling out before General sale, so I wouldn't hang on if you can help it and I would buy ASAP. If you aren't a ST holder, then I would suggest that if you really want to go to this fixture to get club membership to be able to buy earlier (albieit just a day) if the tickets last that long.

Wednesdayite have got the 8,000 in their heads as well?

(From Twitter)

wednesdayite

Over 1,600 Tickets Sold for Birmingham v Sheffield Wednesday FA Cup. Up to 8,000 Available. Are you going? #swfc

What's the verdict?

8,000?

4,000?

Guest sheridan 11

This entire stand holds 7500 and looking at it the bottom must be 6000 of that figure and is probably why Coventry were able to take around that figure.

I know people want the extra. And we've been asking for the extra. However, as I said earlier, their priority is selling League Cup final tickets and organising that - not printing bunches more tickets for our game and selling them. To be honest, we'd be exactly the same and using resource to sell to our fans at this stage rather than pandering the the away club for a smaller, less popular game a week before.

I've said it earlier - we've been told that getting any tickets after the 4,100 allocation we are entitled to is extremely unlikely. I'm passing that on so don't shoot the messenger. We'll keep trying to get more, but don't rely on it.

Tickets may be off sale for a period this morning as we sell out the first batch of tickets. We'll get them back on sale as soon as the second batch (taking us to the 4,100 allocation) arrive.

The intial allocation we were sent have now all gone. We are expecting the rest of the 4100 today probably after 1pm, once we have this we will draw them and get them online and for sale. I have taken this game off sale on the internet so as to avoid any confusion and when the press team come in we will provide an update on the official site.

We have asked for a further allocation and are awaiting information from Birmingham as the Police and safety advisory group need to be involved so this is not a quick issue, we will provide updates on the official site as we progress, but as deejayone has said they are currently pulled out with Carling cup tickets.

Regards

Carol

We have a limited number of the first allocation left - around 200 or so - so have put these online so people can continue to buy now.

After that they may go off sale again until we get the rest of the 4,100 batch (around 1,400 more), so be patient if you see them unavailable online until then - there WILL be more later today.

Beyond that, we've requested more, but it's not a quick thing so let's see. I wouldn't rely on us getting any more though! If you don't have a Season Ticket and you really want to go then I would suggest getting club membership to be able to buy tomorrow rather than Friday - just in case.

Must have just got the last of the first batch , me + 3 bought on the phone 20 mins ago ..

Went there for the day out in the away end when Coventry played there with Coventry mates when they secured 6k .....good away end , here's hoping we secure more as the atmosphere will be excellent..

Expected the worse trouble wise but none at all in or around the ground before or after .. none on the 25 min walk back to the station either ... even the West Mids police were pleasant ...first time for everything ! :blink:

Guest BoomTownOwls

I've been looking into this mythical 8,000 figure and apparently the chances of us getting that many are very slim.

They are obliged under rules to only give us around 4,100.

The initial allocation which are on sale now is 2663. We've sold 1746 of these in 24 hours and will sell out the rest at some point today therefore ticvkets for this fixture WILL go off sale at some point today.

However, the remainder of the 4,100 (around 1,400) will be made available to us tomorrow and go on sale.

Birmingham are going to look into the upper tier, BUT it's not likely as they have season ticket holders in that stand already, have to get approval to sell it from SAG and are also extremely busy with selling Carling Cup tickets, which is their priority.

At the moment, we're treating the 4,100 as our full allocation for it, because it is unlikely we will get more. I envisage this selling out before General sale, so I wouldn't hang on if you can help it and I would buy ASAP. If you aren't a ST holder, then I would suggest that if you really want to go to this fixture to get club membership to be able to buy earlier (albieit just a day) if the tickets last that long.

I really am struggling to understand this from Birmingham. Firstly season ticket holders havge already been told that no tickets for home fans will be sold in that stand for this match.

I understand that they are busy but this could surely be sorted in 1 hour.

1. Copy and paste last documentation provided to Safety Advisory Group that enabled them to sell more tickets to Coventry City (a local rival!). Change date, remove Coventry City, add Sheffield Wednesday. Am I being too simplistic?

2. Print off a batch of tickets that the printers can probably do in a few minutes.

3. Send them to Sheffield Wednesday who will have the time cost of actually processing the sales.

I really do not understand how this cannot be done.

Nice sale pitch by Deejayone to get you to buy membership by the way lol