FEIGNING INJURY

Guest mrbluesky

Guest mrbluesky

Seems its got worse at Hillsborough this season could we go the way of Rugby letting the physio come on while balls in play to treat the player also in turn these players that feign injury would think twice about staying down, It wont happen i know but you never know.

Seems its got worse at Hillsborough this season could we go the way of Rugby letting the physio come on while balls in play to treat the player also in turn these players that feign injury would think twice about staying down, It wont happen i know but you never know.

Agree!

Today was a joke!

The difference with rugby is that their teams have several medics/physios dotted around the pitch so the nearest one can run on

Be quite something for most football clubs to supply 4-6 physios for each match - that's 2 -3-4 timesthe amount of physios most clubs have.

Also football being what it is it wouldn't be long before it was being used tactically with a bunch of physios on the pitch to "attend" to an "injured" player - and that's before we get onto the safety aspect

The difference with rugby is that their teams have several medics/physios dotted around the pitch so the nearest one can run on

Be quite something for most football clubs to supply 4-6 physios for each match - that's 2 -3-4 timesthe amount of physios most clubs have.

Also football being what it is it wouldn't be long before it was being used tactically with a bunch of physios on the pitch to "attend" to an "injured" player - and that's before we get onto the safety aspect

Only international rugby where they have several - go down to any local rugby club such as Sheffield Tigers and they only have one physio. Would work perfectly well in rugby and no reason why it wouldn't in football - 'injuries' would soon die out once players got used to the fact that the game wouldn't stop. The Owls players are just as bad if we take the blue & white tinted glasses off. Nearly every player playing at all levels goes down with his hands to his face and/or holding his head in agony, only for the trainer / physio to come on and treat a leg injury. Cheating, whinging lobbers - rugby players just generally get on with it, no matter how hard the impact.

It's not just international rugby at all - it's in top class rugby which is their version of our professional game - seriously they have much more medical support than all but the richest football clubs

A good mate of mine is just one of several physios at Leicester Tigers and i know quite a few people at Wasps - they pay way more attention to sports medicine than football

Guest ukpetes31

I think when the phisio has treated the player he should come back into play from the halfway line, to stop any unfair advantage, same as substitutes. Player might think twice if they have to spint 30 metres to get back into position

It's not just international rugby at all - it's in top class rugby which is their version of our professional game - seriously they have much more medical support than all but the richest football clubs

A good mate of mine is just one of several physios at Leicester Tigers and i know quite a few people at Wasps - they pay way more attention to sports medicine than football

So you think Wasps and Leicester spend more money on sports medicine than a club like Man Utd, don`t think so, anyway could be a good idea letting physios on as we all know 90% of the time footballers aren`t injured.

So you think Wasps and Leicester spend more money on sports medicine than a club like Man Utd, don`t think so, anyway could be a good idea letting physios on as we all know 90% of the time footballers aren`t injured.

No he doesn't.

So you think Wasps and Leicester spend more money on sports medicine than a club like Man Utd, don`t think so,

No - i don't think that as Kivo pointed out

But i'd bet any money that the big rugby clubs spend more on sports medicine pro rata than any football clubs