The Heff

Any last remaining sympathy I had for Irvine has now gone out of the window, with that team selection.

Preston favourites picked again.

Just waiting now for Buxton to break down to be replaced by Beevers. Round and round we go.

IRVINE OUT

Edited by marconi

Biarre really.

Heffernan, Teale and Daniel Jones were probably our best three players on saturday, and obviously Morrison got a couple of goals.

Then the turn up tonight and they've all been dropped.

I can understand why he has brought Madine into the line up but why Mellor who has been well off the boil recently (hopefully he'll turn the corner tonight.)

It's just an unbelievable team selection- i thought i was seeing things when i saw the side!

I thought Heff was average on Saturday so no surprise - think he's overrated on here!

Woah woah woah you're in trouble now, The Heff is like a father figure to these guys.

When Pop walked out on Ma....... Heff was the child who quit school then went out and got a job just to keep the family in food and rags.

HE IS THAT GOOD!!!

I'm pleased Madine is starting. He has looked good in his few appearances so far. I think Teale being dropped is the strangest decision.

Assuming JJ plays on the left maybe AI thought with JJ and Jones it would be too attacking down that left hand side.

Playing Sedgewick instead of Teale on the right suggests to me either Buxton is not 100% fit and Sedgewick might offer more cover, or Peterborough attack down the left a lot.

This is me playing devil's advocate, I wouldn't necessily have picked the same team, I'm just trying to think of AI's reasons

Edited by enigmamedusa

Just listening to Paul Walker interviewing Irvine.

Mentioned Clinton's gesture of support on Saturday.

Alan was very touched by it. . .and dropped him.

:laugh:

Don't bother scoring or trying to support your manager next time Clinton.

You'll get rewarded with 'the Heffernan seat' on the bench.

Except you can't sit there because Heffernan never leaves it.

'Right lads, get out there and give your all. Just remember though, regardless of how well you play, how many you score or how much effort you put in we'll be playing a different team on Saturday so there's a good chance you'll be dropped to combat MKDons' attacking threat.'

Not exactly inspiring is it? Competition for places is only useful if its just that, competition. At the moment players don't have any reason to play well. They'll either be dropped or will get in as part of Alans obsession with the opposition.

'Right lads, get out there and give your all. Just remember though, regardless of how well you play, how many you score or how much effort you put in we'll be playing a different team on Saturday so there's a good chance you'll be dropped to combat MKDons' attacking threat.'

Not exactly inspiring is it? Competition for places is only useful if its just that, competition. At the moment players don't have any reason to play well. They'll either be dropped or will get in as part of Alans obsession with the opposition.

That's exactly the problem.

You HAVE to operate a system by which playing well and the team winning means you keep the shirt.

Otherwise the players can, and will get upset after a few times.