Birmingham

Bit optimistic Nev!

For me a horrible horrible draw. Little chance of a decent crowd and hence more money for the coffers and a likely pasting too. Still you never know.

i dont go to games to see lots of opposition fans or even the opposition,i go to watch wednesday,and we will take 6-7k,that will do for me.

Its not Man U but then again at least we have a chance whereas at Old Trafford we wouldn't. There will be a good away allocation and probably a low home crowd. Surely they will rest a lot of players with the cup final and the fact they have in there eyes a easy draw. Coul have been better i agree but could have been worse.

I don't get the money-spinning arguement either. We are no longer in need of the cash, the window will be closed and the money raised even if we were in a glamour tie would not make the difference that it would to Leyton Orient / Crawley. 50% of 60,000 is two home games revenue

Guest BoomTownOwls

75000 x £30= £2.25m

I think 40% goes to each club and 20% to the FA.

£900k is worth having with MM's money or not. Plus there would have been more chance of TV money.

As it is we will have 16,000 x reduced price tickets.

I would imagine that we'll get the entire stand? (Last time we went there there were Brum fans above us in the upper tier) Which would be about 5-6k

They can't give us more than that because of segregation issues i would guess.

If there are only 8 ties to play, and 6 are needed for TV coverage, this could well get moved though? It's not exactly glamour tie of the year but is it any less attractive than Burnley at West Ham or Stoke City hosting Brighton?

Guest East_Dene_Owl

Ticket prices Coventry were charged yesterday.

Ticket Prices

St Andrews, Saturday, January 29

(kick off 3pm).

- Coventry City Season Ticket holders prices are £15 for adults, £10 for senior citizens over 60, under 18s and students and £5 for under 12s. (SOLD OUT)

- Non-season ticket holders are £20 for adults, £12 for senior citizens over 60, under 18s and students and £7 for under 12s. (SOLD OUT)

- Matchday prices are £25 for adults, £15 for senior citizens over 60, under 18s and students and £10 for under 12s. (SOLD OUT)

but if we get through we would get prize money, be guarenteed a game on tv, big crowd, and be one game away from Wembley (Semi). Something that is much more likely playing birmingham than Man Utd. I am only saying that i think we are over-reacting a little. Im sure the lower league teams (championship down) would have considered us a crap draw

Soooooooooooo disappointed with this.

Every season we get to the third round and get beaten by a team that nobody is overly jumping for joy about seeing. The one season we make it to the 5th round when Arsenal, Man united etc are still in it and we get a crap draw away at Birmingham.

This is one where we will no doubt get thumped without them giving us a thought. Even ig we got Crawley I would have been happy, but no, flipping Brum away. Booooooooooring!

Guest Saturday Owl

Poor draw and a poo poo hole to visit, I'll be going but will not be expecting anything.

Hopefully it will be low key and we can get a sneaky win if we can do what Coventry couldn't do yesterday.

I'm quite happy as I live in Brum. On the other hand St Andrews is a complete hole, and many of their fans are neanderthals. I say many as my in-laws are all Birmingham fans - I struggle to type "Bluenoses" as the phrase makes me come out in a rash. Of course I'll have the p*ss taken out of me for weeks afterwards if they do us over. We might just have a chance though - hopefully they'll put out a weakened team with a few of their players saving themselves for the Carling Cup.

poo poo draw

they have a fantastic home record

we are crap away

there will be 20'000 there max

hardly a money spinner

gutted

Not that great at home,only won 3 out of 11 in the league,alot of draws tho so i will take that and get them back to hillsborough.

Guest Big Guns

poo poo draw

they have a fantastic home record

we are crap away

there will be 20'000 there max

hardly a money spinner

gutted

you say we are crap away were just crap full stop.

last time i went were in league cup a few years ago 2 0 down fooked off at ht ended up in a boozer like that east house wot used to be at spital hill flippingawful but on the way back our coach stopped at this boozer and there wer this broad in there whod had a boob job so we were all singin at her and at the end we were gettin back on the coach she came out and lifted her top up and showed us her breasts! So alls well that ends well n all that

a poignant and delicately rendered tale...

:laugh:

Made me laugh that did ...

Bit optimistic Nev!

For me a horrible horrible draw. Little chance of a decent crowd and hence more money for the coffers and a likely pasting too. Still you never know.

Money not all that important as once was. Birmingham will be at Wembley the week after they play us and that could be a telling factor if we are on our metal. Not being over optimistic but believe me this tie is winnable !

Would have preferred Manure at home though :rolleyes:

UTO WTID