Irvine Sacked Today

Same could be said about Irvine??

I'm not saying Houghton would be a bad appointment - but surely we need someone with a bit of a track record working at this level and proven to be succesful.

Houghton had one good season - last season - with a Premiership team in the Championship.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Spot on.

I'm currently sat in traffic in Erith, East London. I've drove all the way down this morning, checking Owlstalk and got Talksport on from the start of the journey to getting here. Avoided many near miss accidents whilst checking.

I'm just about to set off back and would appreciate if Milan just boots him out within the next ten minutes so I don't have to keep checking. This could possibly avoid an accident Milan.

Do it now.

Sack the dour, boring, negative tool NOW.

We don't want him in charge anymore!!

I'm not advocating Hughton as replacement - but i can see it wouldn't be such an illogical choice.

He was a top player for many years at a big club - as well as being a regular 1st choice international - so he passes the ubiquitous "who are yer" test.

He is that beloved "highly rated in the game" - been a 1st team coach and assistant manager in the premier for many years - working with a wide variety of managers and players - and when he took on the managers job he did a very impressive job and handled some infamously difficult players and galvanised a squad that was variously described as talented and poo poo into a formidable team

He added players to the squad sensibly, was recognising of the decent young players and set a system that suited his players - and without putting the fear of hell into his players by bigging up Peterborough to be Brazil - and he got very good results and a very impressive promotion

After being promoted he had his team doing very well in context and continued to play a game that was attractive and effective - his sacking was probably the most ciondemned sacking of a manager i can remember

So as i said - there are plenty of reasons why he would be considered and it would be far from illogical

Is Hughton a manager though or is he a coach? Irvine was clearly a coach!

Guest Distraught!

Nothing to do with the Irvine story but I opened the link to the Mail report.

Then clicked on the link that was on that site to the Tonto scam email story:

As I say, nothing to do with Irvine or Tonto's email, but this bit at the bottom made me chuckle:

Gangland tours of London conducted by celebrity former criminal Mad Frankie Fraser, dubbed the most dangerous man in Britain by two Home Secretaries, could be extended to include Barnet's Underhill Stadium following the club's signing of Fraser's 23-year-old grandson, Tommy, after his release by Port Vale.

Legend has it the midfielder was once asked by a local reporter while playing for Brighton whether his grandad ever came to watch him play. 'No,' he said. 'But he was unhappy you only gave me six out of 10 in the last game.' Tommy never received less than a seven after that.

No wonder Jeffers fooked off to Australia. It's this bloke he twatted, wasn't it?

:biggrin: :biggrin:

MM has told RS that the reports in the papers are false - Giddings on Twitter.

What an absolute f*"king joke this is!!!!

Over the last 10 years we've had to put up with some rubbish but I always had a certain degree of sympathy with previous managers as other circumstances at the club dictated how well we could do. Irvine on the other hand, unlike all the other managers since Danny Wilson has received real backing (in camparisson to the other clubs in our division) and he serves up some of the most negative garbage I've ever seen at Hillsborough!!

The football we have played this season in general has been abysmal, going to Hillsborough these days actually depresses me and although I have a season ticket, I'm losing all motivation to go down and watch it. The feel good factor the took hold after Milan saved the club has all but gone and after Milan's failure to show Irvine the door after last nights debacle, I hope he's prepared for what I'm sure will be a sizable fall off in attendances.

I honestly can't believe Irvine hasn't been sacked, it's a disgrace!!!!!

I tell you what the joke is. People circulating false e-mails to media outlets claiming a manager has been sacked, or newspapers printing utterly bullshit, baseless stories, meaning that twice within a few days the bloke has to come out and rumbleing deny it's true.

Where's the class?

MM has told RS that the reports in the papers are false - Giddings on Twitter.

What an absolute f*"king joke this is!!!!

Over the last 10 years we've had to put up with some rubbish but I always had a certain degree of sympathy with previous managers as other circumstances at the club dictated how well we could do. Irvine on the other hand, unlike all the other managers since Danny Wilson has received real backing (in camparisson to the other clubs in our division) and he serves up some of the most negative garbage I've ever seen at Hillsborough!!

The football we have played this season in general has been abysmal, going to Hillsborough these days actually depresses me and although I have a season ticket, I'm losing all motivation to go down and watch it. The feel good factor the took hold after Milan saved the club has all but gone and after Milan's failure to show Irvine the door after last nights debacle, I hope he's prepared for what I'm sure will be a sizable fall off in attendances.

I honestly can't believe Irvine hasn't been sacked, it's a disgrace!!!!!