The 4 new players

Guest oliver666

Guest oliver666

2 of the new signings played on Saturday. 2 more signed after the match. Looking at some of the posts on other topics but have made comment regarding these new players, there appears to be a little hysteria creeping in.

I for one haven't really followed any of these new signings and know very little so what baffles me is, if they are a 'breath of fresh air' to the club, what evidence is there to prove they are better than we already have. I didn't see much evidence that the two new comers Johnson and Morrison faired any better than what I have seen this season. We now have a 20 year old striker who appears is signing on a lengthy contract. Is he a proven striker from Carlisle?. Don't know enough about him. Reynolds, the lad from Motherwell. Same again.

I cannot understand what route the club are taking in respect to the new signings. What is paramount is the fact we need to get out of this poo poo hole of a league and to be honest, I can't see what the new signings are bringing to this quest for promotion. Shouldn't we be looking at 'proven' players who have experience in similar situations as we find ourselves in now. I hope the club are not just bringing players in for the sake of it. We have seen this all too much over the past 3/4 seasons.

2 of the new signings played on Saturday. 2 more signed after the match. Looking at some of the posts on other topics but have made comment regarding these new players, there appears to be a little hysteria creeping in.

I for one haven't really followed any of these new signings and know very little so what baffles me is, if they are a 'breath of fresh air' to the club, what evidence is there to prove they are better than we already have. I didn't see much evidence that the two new comers Johnson and Morrison faired any better than what I have seen this season. We now have a 20 year old striker who appears is signing on a lengthy contract. Is he a proven striker from Carlisle?. Don't know enough about him. Reynolds, the lad from Motherwell. Same again.

I cannot understand what route the club are taking in respect to the new signings. What is paramount is the fact we need to get out of this poo poo hole of a league and to be honest, I can't see what the new signings are bringing to this quest for promotion. Shouldn't we be looking at 'proven' players who have experience in similar situations as we find ourselves in now. I hope the club are not just bringing players in for the sake of it. We have seen this all too much over the past 3/4 seasons.

:blink:

Guest bairy hollocks

Please dont try and tell me that THE RADIATOR is no better then we already have!

I take it you went to the game on saturday, Purse had a shocker where as R Johnson had a steady good game.

True most of us have not seen the new players. But come on the players we have have put us in the "poo poo hole league" so any new players must be a good thing.

And looking at the last two game they were both involved in they dont seem to have do to bad, unlike the players we already have!!

Edited by bairy hollocks

Guest totemowl

Surprised you didn't notice that Johnson looked a class above every other defender we have or have had for quite a while.

I think it's too early to say any of the other players will be a success but what inspires me is that we now appear to be signing players who have genuine potential, as opposed to players who have had limited success or failure elsewhere.

Guest James-The-Owl

Michael Morrison was a little shaky at times but Rèda Johnson had an awesome game, looked much more comfortable and composed than Purse or Beevers, and more commanding too.

This guy is on the wind up. Take your mind back to the morning when nick parker stood on the steps at the high court and practically begged for someone to come forward. Now we`ve got what we wanted theres still numpties moaning that we are actually spending money,unbelieveable. What calibre of players are you actually expecting for a league 1 club cos i think the two thats played so far look a bloody good improvement. Enjoy the spending FFS!!!

Our policy makes perfect sense.

They are better than or offer different qualities to what we have already and if we are spending money on them they are in their early 20s which gives us a chance to get a return on their investment. This was exactly the kind of policy I was hoping for and if were realistic I dont think we could really attract a better calibre of player at the moment. Were not going to spend millions on a Charlie Austin or George Boyd unfortunately so were getting in there and signing players who have the attributes to be the next batch of coveted players.

Mark Reynolds is a real coup though, I can't believe we weren't gazumped as he's been linked to clubs at a much higher level.

Michael Morrison was a little shaky at times but Rèda Johnson had an awesome game, looked much more comfortable and composed than Purse or Beevers, and more commanding too.

THE RADIATOR had an awesome game! he woz class at back puttin pressure on them when they had ball and won alot of headers includeing the 1 where he scored! one of best defenders ive seen us have in a long time!

Now Irvine doesn't get much praise however IF he is responsible for bringing Morrison and Johnson in he should be praised.

Hopefully the next two will be as good.

THE RADIATOR IS IMMENSE .......... Morrison excellent.

The signs are good if Irvine can get it right .......... quickly.

Couldn't disagree more with the above statement I'm afraid. We've spent the last god knows how many years bringing in these types of players and where are we?? I was getting pretty sick of bringing in a bunch of old timers who really aren't up to the pace any more. These players always come with their own set of problems too. If they are proven and their club is willing to let them go then they are usually an injury risk or just not up to it any more. Ok Mickey Gray was fantastic in spells, but he couldn't play in a consistent tun of games.

In fact it's the proven players such as Sedgewick, Purse, Miller and Clinton to an extent who have not had the greatest of seasons, whereas our best signings, in my opinion, have been the least proven. Coke, Jones and Johnson, although it's perhaps too early to say with the latter, but if he continues in the same vain in which he's started, he looks a very tidy signing.

I think Milan's policy of bringing in young, hungry players can only be of benefit. Clearly we can't have a whole team of kids, but for the first time in years, it appears we finally have a good mixture of young-uns and experience.

I didn't go to Bristol city so I can't comment on that game, yesterday Morrison didn't do nothing wrong and looked steady very composed

Johnson very much the same crowds favourite , both looked better than what we've got Morrison for me I think will be the better of the 2

the other 2 players let's give them a chance

Cheer up mate FFS! So far I'd say we've had a massive defensive upgrade, and signed highly promising back up for our perfectly capable strikeforce of Clinton, Mellor & Heff. Not bad by mid-Jan, with more to come

RJ - reputation is he has the raw ingredients to be awesome but is still prone to the odd blunder - so far that looks entirely accurate

Morrison - good solid reputation, very experienced for his age & already been part of a League 1 promotion - so far filling in well at RB but Purse's days are numbered

Reynolds - teams like Newcastle and PSV were tracking him last season, Rangers previously put in £750k bid, very highly regarded by successive Motherwell managers Mark McGee, Craig Brown and Piggy McCall, 160+ appearances and still only 23... we'll see but on paper the best defender we've signed in years

Madine - young, unproven and I know nothing about him. Raw potential and only time will tell - but he offers us something completely different up front and if things work out he could be a monster for us

Now please sign a rock hard bully of a central midfielder and a reliable, quick left winger...

Totally agree.

The defence needed sorting so was a priority, and to be fair i am reasonably happy.

But as for the strike force I really cannot see hwo this madine is going to help up. For one neither Mellor or C.Morrison will be gambling runs from a high ball and a Madine flick on. Need a little pacey CF with him.

Morrison is link up player, Mellor is just a physical presence nothing else, Heffenan makes the runs, links up with a partner.

To me the only genuine possible stike partnership is Morrison and Heffs, i dont feel that any other pairing is going to get us many goals.

All i can see is that this is building for the future not the now. and these four signings dont really fit into the current team. Mellor goes at the end of the season, Morrison got a futher year. what about Teale, sedgewick Miller, Weaver, Heffs...................................etc

Two years time is going to be a relatively young different wednesday for me its shaping up like......

.......................Madine.........................???????.......................

??????................Coke..................??????.............???????

Jones...............Johnson.............Morrison.................Buxton

........................................Jameson...........................................

Other: Reynolds(Not sure on this guy yet plus how he will be fitting in LB/CB), Palmer(Not sure yet) Nyoni(?????) Modest(??????) O'Donnell(??????)

Edited by zakswfc

Guest oliver666

Couldn't disagree more with the above statement I'm afraid. We've spent the last god knows how many years bringing in these types of players and where are we?? I was getting pretty sick of bringing in a bunch of old timers who really aren't up to the pace any more. These players always come with their own set of problems too. If they are proven and their club is willing to let them go then they are usually an injury risk or just not up to it any more. Ok Mickey Gray was fantastic in spells, but he couldn't play in a consistent tun of games.

In fact it's the proven players such as Sedgewick, Purse, Miller and Clinton to an extent who have not had the greatest of seasons, whereas our best signings, in my opinion, have been the least proven. Coke, Jones and Johnson, although it's perhaps too early to say with the latter, but if he continues in the same vain in which he's started, he looks a very tidy signing.

I think Milan's policy of bringing in young, hungry players can only be of benefit. Clearly we can't have a whole team of kids, but for the first time in years, it appears we finally have a good mixture of young-uns and experience.

The problem with this site is that posters are forever being misqouted. Look at all the the above posts and if the posters actually read what I put then their responses should be a little different. Going back to your post, where did I say bring in 'old timers' . I said 'experienced'. You also state 'if they re proven' Exactly my point. You have carefully selected the obvious choices of players who havent been performing like Purse & Sedgewick. However I disagree with the two others you have mentioned.

Has anyone forgot Buxton. He has played out ofhis skin at times at both right back and centre back. I suggst to all who have made it quite clear to disagree with my observations, when either of the two who started on Saturday play as consistantly as Buxton before he was injured then yes, we may have found better player(s). It just goes to show how fickle fans are on this forum. How many times was it mentioned that he had been our best player overall with the games he had played in. Unsung f**king hero.

Guest oliver666

Last season Morrison was a first choice defender for a team that finished in the play-offs in Thd Championship, and has played in a team that had gone up automatically from this very league.

But of course, he isn't any better than what we have.

Young promising player we have. Why did he drop down a division then?

Young promising player we have. Why did he drop down a division then?

Because a changed of manager couldnt guarantee first team football at leicester,they are now at a stage where they are looking at premiership players. Plus MM must of pulled a few strings to get him here. The majority of leicester fans were sorry to see him go.