Defunct Grounds

The Old Showground at Scunny was ace.

Infact, I think it was actually the first ever football league ground I went on.

The cantilever stand was the first one in Britain, Hillsborough's of course was the first one to run the entire length of the pitch.

It's just what I read on here. I suppose they could've built a newer one, but I expect they'd have mentioned it in the text. I never got to see a game at Filbert Street so I don't know myself.

No, you're correct my friend - i really thought it was much newer when they moved - as i said - old memory not what it was....lovely looking stand though

]The Carling Stand was opened in 1994. The stand which cost in the region of £5m to construct, was a great looking two tiered stand, with 28 executive boxes running across its middle. However, with the move to the new Walkers Stadium, the stand was to be demolished just nine years after it was built. Probably making it one of the best and most expensive stands to end up being bulldozed in modern times.[/i]

filbert26.jpg

Guest Distraught!

No, you're correct my friend - i really thought it was much newer when they moved - as i said - old memory not what it was....lovely looking stand though

filbert26.jpg

The one and only time I have sat in a corporate box was in that very stand. Not a game involving Wednesday. Seem to remember it was Leicester versus Tottenham back in the days when Leicester were still in the top flight and O'Neill was their manager. Got invited by one of my previous company's suppliers.

Boothferry Park

Plough Lane

Baseball Ground

Highfield Road

Filbert St

Highbury

Saltergate

Millmoor

Belle view

Maine Road

Maine rd to see Oasis so got to go all over the pitch

Hayes..although they may still play there, I think they are Hayes and Yeading now.

Sure there are more?

Guest danny wath owl

Er let me think

Ninian park

Millmoor

Saltergate

Filbert street

Highfield road

Main road

Layer road

Never managed old wembley no 1 would take me, too young :-(

Belle vue

Premier League - Highbury, Springfield Park (Wigan)

Championship - Ninian Park, Elm Park (Reading), The Den, Belle Vue, Filbert Street, Ayresome Park

League One - Goldstone Ground, Layer Road, Walsall's ground (can't remember what it was called)

League Two - Saltergate, Millmoor, Gay Meadow, Manor Ground

Non-league - New Writtle Street (Chelmsford City), Southfield Road (Enfield), Lower Mead (Wealdstone), Plough Lane.....probably one or two others but can't think!

Oh, and Old Wembley

And these videos might bring back some memories.....

http://footballgroundguide.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=13962

Edited by fredmciverslovechild

Premier League - Highbury, Springfield Park (Wigan)

Championship - Ninian Park, Elm Park (Reading), The Den, Belle Vue, Filbert Street, Ayresome Park

League One - Goldstone Ground, Layer Road, Walsall's ground (can't remember what it was called)

League Two - Saltergate, Millmoor, Gay Meadow, Manor Ground

Non-league - New Writtle Street (Chelmsford City), Southfield Road (Enfield), Lower Mead (Wealdstone), Plough Lane.....probably one or two others but can't think!

Oh, and Old Wembley

And these videos might bring back some memories.....

http://footballgroun...showtopic=13962

Walsall was Fellow's Park wasn't it?

I thought you were a bit of a non-league groundhopper tbh - been to loads of non league when i worked at that level - some really tidy little grounds about (as well as some utter crapholes) and some have some amazing history/artefacts

Obviously never went here - but this must have been awesome

Nest_of_Norwich_city.jpg

Incidentally the highest ever crowd here was against us in 1935 as we beat them (Norwich) 0-1 in the 5th round of the FA Cup on our way to winning the Cup

Crowd was a measly sounding 25,037 - but in a ground little more substantial than a current non-league ground

Maine road

Highbury

Burnden park

Roker park

Victoria ground

Springfield park

Ninian park

Highfield road

The Den

Baseball ground

Belle vue

Boothferry park