Defunct Grounds

Indeed.

Who'd have bet against the stooges taking us there eventually ?

For the grace of god, and thanks MM.

Indeed. Let's just hope that the piggies survive, I don't mind them struggling, but don't want to see them go out of business, it would take half the fun of Sheffield football away.

Premier - Springfield Park (Wigan), Highbury Maine Road , Burden Park , Roker Park.

Championship - Belle Vue , Filbert Street, Baseball Ground, Boothferry Park, Old Show Ground. (Vetch Field) Went down too Swansea when we where banned after the Oldham riot, but I was the only Wednesday fan that did not get in has I ended up drunk on the beach with some of the local lads so I cannot claim it.

League One - Layer Road, Goldstone Ground, Fellows Park. One went to Leeds Road when our match was called off only for Huddersfieds match with Watford to be called of an hour before kick off, so me and about 30 Wednesdayites were taken out of the Huddersfield lads pub and put back on the train back to Sheffield by the Police.

League Two Saltergate, Millmoor, County Ground, Manor Ground.

Others - Wembley (old)

Edited by blackowl

I've been to just about the lot.

Saddest loss was Park Avenue, Bradford. Best ground in the city at the time. I saw Avenue draw 1-1 with Notts County in 1968.

All those who think a Sheffield merger would sort Sheffield's problems should note that Bradford City didn't suddenly draw an extra 5,000 when Brad Park Avenue went under.

Best ground to hit the dust must be Highbury. Was at 1983 semi against Brighton with over 60,000 others. Two atmospheric 1930's double-decker stands along the touchlines.

Guest Saturday Owl

The recent topic on the 92 league grounds got me thinking how many grounds have I been to that are no longer there? Probably one for the older fans amongst us, but my list is as follows:

Premier - Highbury (okay it's still there, but it's now flats), Maine Road, Victoria Ground

Championship - Highfield Road, Belle Vue, Filbert Street, Ayresome Park

League One - Goldstone Ground, The Dell, Plough Lane

League Two - Saltergate, Millmoor, Gay Meadow, Manor Ground

Non- League - Feethams

Others - Wembley (old)

What a bunch of bummers. :laugh:

Guest BigDave

That picture of the Vetchfield still has a thousands times more character nthan the Liberty

I was asking a bloke i go with this the other week, he has been to a 140 plus bearing in mind he's been going home and away for about 40 yrs

Vetchfield which is still there but deralict.

Swansea City's Vetchfield

That video was really sad to see.

Off the top of my head

Vetchfield

Maine Rd

Belle Vue

Ninian Park

Filbert Street

Gay Meadow

Highbury

Baseball Ground

MIllmoor

Saltergate

Hull (Was it Boothberry Park)

Layer Road

Sure there might be one or two others but cannot think of them at the mo.

Edited by owllincoln