VOTE FOR THE NEW AWAY KIT DESIGN

Obviously you can't catch 100%, but I can and have already identified a good number of them!

How many so far out of interest?

Big blunder this, if necessary tear up contract with Puma.

We should go with a choice of 2, last years runners up to make for the rigged vote then

Guest Bellsview

SWFC don't get their shirts from Puma because as far as Puma are concerned we are "small fry". They only make the shirts for clubs which have a global demand - at the moment (I think) only Spurs fit into that category in England, that was certainly the case last season anyway.

The actual shirt company that makes our shirts is genesis sports, a sub-contractor for Puma. A link to their site can be found below. If you click on the "clubs" tab you can see that SWFC are one of many clubs who use this company.

genesis sports

One of my mates is a director at Puma and a big SWFC supporter (home and away season ticket holder). I will give him a buzz tomorrow as I'm interested to know whether we definitely have to accept these designs, or if the club can ask for a change given the feedback it has received.

Guest britmod_owl

i thought this was just a matter of bad timing with new sponsors and kit makers all meaning this had to happen, and this years black and yellow to end this so that away and home had alternate years, would make it much easier to afford.

awaykit2011a.png

I'm crap with Photoshop, but I knocked this one up in about 10 minutes. I had to blur it a bit because the edges went a bit jagged (yes I know I'm that crap) :blush:

I know red's not to everyone's taste but I really like AC Milan!

Sorry mate, appreciate your attempt and all that, but that is just wrong. I can't buy anything relating to Wednesday that use's any shade of red. Now change the red to blue, and you have a very nice shirt.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Seriously why can't we have a quality cotton footy shirt made out of quality products that is manufactured in this country for £12-£15 that we could retail for £30-£35 in design and colours that please people and don't rip anyone off.

As opposed to..........

**** quality acrylic materials that run and pull as soon as they come into contact with a finger nail. That cost £2 or £3 quid to make where a little Chinese kid is flogged half to death in a sweat house. Where the unscrupulous manufacturers tell us they can only offer us one design in three crappy colours. Then charge us £35 to £40 for the privilege of owning one !

No I don't say we'll go to Nike, Puma or whoever....I say we're pissed off we are bouyed by our club being saved ..Now smell the flipping coffee !

The manufacture of a shirt is a piece of Pi55 that we can and should commision a local firm to do ! sick of the poo poo nylon crap anyway !

Anybody else like red numbers on the back of the blue and white stripes?

I don't mind red numbers, we've had them in the past.

Actually, I'd say no, if we have red numbers then the players names would have to be in red too, so I'm changing my mind to no.

Edited by HOOTIE AND THE SHIT TU

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Seriously why can't we have a quality cotton footy shirt made out of quality products that is manufactured in this country for £12-£15 that we could retail for £30-£35 in design and colours that please people and don't rip anyone off.

As opposed to..........

**** quality acrylic materials that run and pull as soon as they come into contact with a finger nail. That cost £2 or £3 quid to make where a little Chinese kid is flogged half to death in a sweat house. Where the unscrupulous manufacturers tell us they can only offer us one design in three crappy colours. Then charge us £35 to £40 for the privilege of owning one !

No I don't say we'll go to Nike, Puma or whoever....I say we're pissed off we are bouyed by our club being saved ..Now smell the flipping coffee !

The manufacture of a shirt is a piece of Pi55 that we can and should commision a local firm to do ! sick of the poo poo nylon crap anyway !

Couldn't agree more. I haven't bought a shirt for years due to the cack material. Can't even wear them on holiday cos they stick to you.

After reading through this thread i don't need to say much more other than il add my name to the list of fans that WONT be buying ANY of those choices.

PINK FFS!!!!! Its so bad i cant help but laugh a little, shall the players take to the field all covered in pig sh*t with little curly tails coming out of their arses too.......may as well.

Let me explain the process.

PUMA present a number of shirt designs to clubs and clubs have to pick one of the designs. A discussion is then had about colour options.

You wouldn't BELIEVE how restricted we are with colour options - referees have a certain amount of colours that you can't really touch, you have to weigh up any clashes with your other kits (home and third), goalkeeper shirts are only available in specific colours and you can't clash with those, there's limits on colours in the manufacturing process, player and manager preferences, you can't have the same colours as your last away shirt, etc. Honestly, you genuinely wouldn't believe it. I know I didn't understand it until I sat in one of these meetings suggesting green and white hoops, silver and purple, sky blue, etc, etc, and got knocked back...

We also had a brief that for this season the shirt had to be fairly plain and bright as a contrast to last season's black shirt (which isn't popular in evening games!) and we wanted to have the Sheffield Wednesday blue incorporated into the trim.

And do you think the green will be popular on........oh yeah that's right a green flippingpitch!!!!!

Honestly who came up with these dreadful ideas, you talk about Everton in pink but who gives a flip, i think the Everton kit is crap anyway, and incase your not aware of the pig banter we have in sheffield you would have to be pretty stupid to even let it enter your mind!!

Jesus Christ! Sort it out Wednesday!