just got home from jpt carlisle

Guest FoggyS17

dont really post on here but just thought id add to the thread, we got in about 2/3am this morning which i bet is quicker than some!

here's some photo's at brunton park

http://s1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff435/Tom_Fogg/?action=view&current=P101130012.jpg

http://s1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff435/Tom_Fogg/?action=view&current=P101130011.jpg

http://s1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff435/Tom_Fogg/?action=view&current=P101130010.jpg

http://s1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff435/Tom_Fogg/?action=view&current=P101130013.jpg

also some photo's from other away games on there as well

UTO!

Guest JonTheOwl66

garbage again tonight , jones was shocking can't pass or cross , team defending poor should never have let simek go , i left 20mins early along with50-60 others , haven't left a match early since arsenal drubbing @ highbury

seen a few games this season , living up here near carlisle , got ticket for swindon away , thinking can i be bothered !

new man in , in 'mandy' hope he gets rid of irvine and his dire tactics

Okay, I'm going to pick apart everything you said:

garbage again tonight

I can't comment on that, but fair enough. Well done for getting up there to support the team, I commend you on that.

EDIT: Now I've seen that you live near Carlisle.

jones was shocking can't pass or cross

That, is the biggest load of bobbins I've read all year, every single time I've seen Jones play, he's impressed me hugely with his crossing, passing, his willingness to get forwards.

Perhaps highlight the fact, that his positioning is horrendous at times, and I'd say you've got a point.

team defending poor should never have let simek go

Simek had his time here, he couldn't get into the team for a reason, he wasn't as good or fit as he used to be. There was a reason why we let him go, he wasn't good enough anymore.

I still like Simek, he's a quality full back, and I wish him all the best for the coming years, but really he's gone; forget about him.

i left 20mins early along with50-60 others

That's your choice, if you'd said you left early because of the weather. That's fine, I haven't got a problem with that. But saying you left early because of the performance, I doubt the players would care, perhaps telling them exactly what you thought AFTER the match would be more effective, rather than effecting the performance in game.

Irvine is a really good coach, but his tactical side does let him down. But demanding him be sacked, after 1 loss in 7, is ridiculous.

Edited by JonTheOwl66

Just got in.......can't believe no one warned me about the A66 :angry:

We went up that way on the way up, bloody Sat Nav took us that way! Managed to come the M6, M62, M1 route on the way back though.

As for the performance, simply awful. Purse is shambolic, missed nearly every tackle all night. Midfield was too lightweight and we didn;t have a chance when Mellor went off on a strecher. Paul Heffernan must be tearing his hair out with Irvine! #

The journey back wasn't too bad until we got back to junction 31, we managed to scoot our way through abandoned lorries on the A57 and get back to Kiveton.

Hope all the wednesdayites who made the trip last night got home safely.

Okay, I'm going to pick apart everything you said:

garbage again tonight

I can't comment on that, but fair enough. Well done for getting up there to support the team, I commend you on that.

EDIT: Now I've seen that you live near Carlisle.

jones was shocking can't pass or cross

That, is the biggest load of bobbins I've read all year, every single time I've seen Jones play, he's impressed me hugely with his crossing, passing, his willingness to get forwards.

Perhaps highlight the fact, that his positioning is horrendous at times, and I'd say you've got a point.

team defending poor should never have let simek go

Simek had his time here, he couldn't get into the team for a reason, he wasn't as good or fit as he used to be. There was a reason why we let him go, he wasn't good enough anymore.

I still like Simek, he's a quality full back, and I wish him all the best for the coming years, but really he's gone; forget about him.

i left 20mins early along with50-60 others

That's your choice, if you'd said you left early because of the weather. That's fine, I haven't got a problem with that. But saying you left early because of the performance, I doubt the players would care, perhaps telling them exactly what you thought AFTER the match would be more effective, rather than effecting the performance in game.

Irvine is a really good coach, but his tactical side does let him down. But demanding him be sacked, after 1 loss in 7, is ridiculous.

you don't watch them much then do you ! jones was poo , yes i live near carlisle and do more travelling than most to watch owls have done since 1983

1-7 you havin a laugh ! what about his tactics and form since he took on the job

Guest JonTheOwl66

you don't watch them much then do you ! jones was poo , yes i live near carlisle and do more travelling than most to watch owls have done since 1983

1-7 you havin a laugh ! what about his tactics and form since he took on the job

I go to every single home match and as many away games as possible, just because you live up in Carlisle doesn't particularly make you some master tactician that can say which players are great or poo poo.

Jones you clearly have no idea about, but I'll let that one slide.. Can't be arsed to argue with a cocky sod.

I'm not sticking up for Irvine, but while he's our manager I'll still back him all the way. All I can say to you, is you do better.. You go and sign the players he did, you motivate the players, you train them everyday.. If you do better, then well done.

Unfortunately this won't happen, and unfortunately you won't make a fool out of yourself.

Good luck travelling from Carlisle.

Edited by JonTheOwl66

Well done everybody that went. You're all braver and more mental than me. :biggrin:

Cant agree more with the above comment!

On a side note I have always thought that when Police state that non essential journeys should not be taken that all away fans should have the option to claim a refund on their tickets even if the game goes ahead.