just got home from jpt carlisle

Guest Woz1867

I'm not for sacking Irvine, but that performance was shambolic tonight, first time I have ever left a Wednesday game ever.

I'll start with Beevers and Purse, the latter being the worst of the two, never one a single 50/50 all night and got turned far too easily. Use of possession by Purse as always was dire.

Spurr can't play right back. Jones was out of position a lot and distrubution was atrocious!

Weaver made some good saves, but distrubution was awful.

Sedgwick is a waste of space, JJ was not interested.

Potter and Miller were powderpuff, useless in possession.

Mellor worked hard, missed him when he went off, Morrison was ineffective.

Substitutions were bizarre. 3-0 down and O ' Connor on for JJ, laughable.

Overall a really shambolic performance. A few more like that and Irvine will not last long under Manderic!

I keep saying it, Purse is not good enough for Sheffield Wednesday FC.

Hats off to all the Wednesdayites who made the trip north especially at this time of the year.

WTID!

Wednesday were ok 'til Mellor went off, then they looked like they didn't know what they were doing. Morrison and Mellor looked good together but Morrison, although he worked as hard as anyone, didn't link well with JJ or Heffernan when he came on. JJ wasn't bothered after 30 mins and his body language showed it, probably why he was replaced. There was a patch in the second half when they could have put 3 or 4 past us in 10 mins. Totally unorganised. Jones was pants. Purse couldn't do anything right in the first half but played better second. Miller worked hard, apart from that all very average. Sedgwick put some decent defensive work in but looked clueless at times going forward. Didn't link well with Spurr on the right. Couldn't really complain about Weavers distribution. He was trying to utilise JJ's pace against the left back but he never really got the better of him. Too cold for him.

Just walked in - having walked from motorway roundabout to home - about 2 miles in blizzard. I can confidently say that involved around 5 times the effort from any of our wasters tonight.

I genuinely didnt realise Potter was playing til he fluffed a shot in the 81st minute (I asked Jim when he'd come on and who had gone off for him)

should have asked jeff williams for a lift. he went a57 to worksop to get back to langoldblush.gif

:huh:

You asked whether that was the match when Wilko made that quote.

It wasn't. Hence the answer "No".

If it had been that match, then the answer would have been "Yes"

Hope that clears things up for you

Thanks.

(BTW, how long have you been a supporter of this club)

Edited by M Royds